IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Woman's head covering....  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Woman's head covering....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
Author
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PattyaMainer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2008 at 6:17am
Originally posted by Nur_Ilahi Nur_Ilahi wrote:

God.....which includes Jesus and the Holy Spirit.  Just as I am a person, wife and mother, when I perform a task (say, baking cookies) It is I who creates the cookies.  I am all the other entities too, so my wife and mother part of me are also creating the cookies

But Patty, when Adam was created, where was Jesus, where was the Holy spirit? The previous prophets all worshipped One God. God is the beginning and He is also the End.

Nothing in the Bible says that Jesus created the tiniest of the veins, nor the deepest of the ocean, nor does the Holy spirit had any share in creating any of the things that you see in this world.  God created Adam, God created all the prophets and God also created Mary. If Mary was created by God, how could God create a minor God? (Jesus).

To me this analogy perhaps may explain the Trinity.

There is a brilliant scientist who created the most sophisticated robot. It can do all tasks that a human could do. After creating this robot, the scientist put on the batteries and switch it on. The robot went around doing all the things that the scientist commanded. When the time is up, the scientist switched off the robot and the robot stays stationary.

The scientist (God) could never be in the robot (Jesus), nor could the robot function without the battery or electricity (Holy Spirit or Soul).

A God that could create the furthest of the planets, the hottest of the sun or the minutest of an atom, how could He be in a human being who needed another human being for his survival (Mary)?

God is AlMighty, He is The Creator, He who has no Beginning and He who has no End. He does not need any of His creations, but His creations need Him. He is Most Merciful and Most Forgiving, even how much we sinned, did He ever forgot to show His blessings in the form of air to breathe, water to drink or food to eat? To any human beings regardless of race, nationality or religion?
No. He never forgets! His Love is so great, it knows no boundaries of colour, race or rank.

I hope Patty,  you will ponder on these points. Because we live in the same planet, breathe the same air, drink the same water and stand on the same earth, there could only be One source that shower these blessings, that is from The One and Only God.

Salam.

Hi Nur,

I just have a minute right now.  But in answer to your question as to "where was Jesus" and "where was the Holy Spirit".....they were with God.  If you read the OT you will see where the prophets foretell the coming of the Messiah (Jesus), and when Jesus was speaking to His disciples after His resurrection, he told them He had to leave them, that He was returning to His Father who was in Heaven...."RETURNING" Nur. He also said he would not leave them "comfortless", and was sending the Holy Spirit!!  And He did just that....the Holy Spirit descended upon them on the Day of Pentecost.  All in GOD'S time, Nur....that's when Jesus and the Holy Spirit came to earth.  Since they are 2/3 of the triune Godhead, they were with God until their time came to visit earth.  The Holy Spirit is just that, a spirit.  It will be with us here on earth to the end of time.  Til Jesus returns for the final judgement.

God bless,
Patty .....  sorry I have to run! :)
"FOR THOSE WHO DO NOT BELIEVE, NO EXPLANATION IS POSSIBLE. FOR THOSE WHO BELIEVE, NO EXPLANATION IS NECESSARY."
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2008 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by PattyaMainer PattyaMainer wrote:

God.....which includes Jesus and the Holy Spirit.  Just as I am a person, wife and mother, when I perform a task (say, baking cookies) It is I who creates the cookies.  I am all the other entities too, so my wife and mother part of me are also creating the cookies

But Patty, when Adam was created, where was Jesus, where was the Holy spirit? The previous prophets all worshipped One God. God is the beginning and He is also the End.

Nothing in the Bible says that Jesus created the tiniest of the veins, nor the deepest of the ocean, nor does the Holy spirit had any share in creating any of the things that you see in this world.  God created Adam, God created all the prophets and God also created Mary. If Mary was created by God, how could God create a minor God? (Jesus).

There is a brilliant scientist who created the most sophisticated robot. It can do all tasks that a human could do. After creating this robot, the scientist put on the batteries and switch it on. The robot went around doing all the things that the scientist commanded. When the time is up, the scientist switched off the robot and the robot stays stationary.

The scientist (God) could never be in the robot (Jesus), nor could the robot function without the battery or electricity (Holy Spirit or Soul).

A God that could create the furthest of the planets, the hottest of the sun or the minutest of an atom, how could He be in a human being who needed another human being for his survival (Mary)?

God is AlMighty, He is The Creator, He who has no Beginning and He who has no End. He does not need any of His creations, but His creations need Him. He is Most Merciful and Most Forgiving, even how much we sinned, did He ever forgot to show His blessings in the form of air to breathe, water to drink or food to eat? To any human beings regardless of race, nationality or religion?
No. He never forgets! His Love is so great, it knows no boundaries of colour, race or rank.

I hope Patty,  you will ponder on these points. Because we live in the same planet, breathe the same air, drink the same water and stand on the same earth, there could only be One source that shower these blessings, that is from The One and Only God.

Salam.

Hi Nur,

I just have a minute right now.  But in answer to your question as to "where was Jesus" and "where was the Holy Spirit".....they were with God.  If you read the OT you will see where the prophets foretell the coming of the Messiah (Jesus), and when Jesus was speaking to His disciples after His resurrection, he told them He had to leave them, that He was returning to His Father who was in Heaven...."RETURNING" Nur. He also said he would not leave them "comfortless", and was sending the Holy Spirit!!  And He did just that....the Holy Spirit descended upon them on the Day of Pentecost.  All in GOD'S time, Nur....that's when Jesus and the Holy Spirit came to earth.  Since they are 2/3 of the triune Godhead, they were with God until their time came to visit earth.  The Holy Spirit is just that, a spirit.  It will be with us here on earth to the end of time.  Til Jesus returns for the final judgement.

God bless,

Beside many other questions one is domoninet in my mind and I will through it at you Patty: You say Holy Spirit is spirit, I wonder what you believe then God (1/3, according to you) is?
Also: which one of the three (if) has command over the other or more in power?

Hasan

Edited by honeto - 24 November 2008 at 12:22pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

PattyaMainer View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PattyaMainer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2008 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by honeto honeto wrote:

Salam.

Hi Nur,

God bless,

Beside many other questions one is domoninet in my mind and I will through it at you Patty: You say Holy Spirit is spirit, I wonder what you believe then God (1/3, according to you) is?

Hasan

They are all equal.  The three entities serve different purposes, but they are ONE GOD.  Just as I am ONE PERSON, yet I am a wife, mother, and grandmother.....I serve different purposes, but I am still one person.

There is one thing missing here......faith.  Without faith and belief in the Holy Scriptures and Gospels, this topic will be the "neverending discussion thread."  You either believe the evidence given you by the prophets and Jesus in the Bible, or you don't.  It's that simple.  I believe.

God bless you always,
Patty
"FOR THOSE WHO DO NOT BELIEVE, NO EXPLANATION IS POSSIBLE. FOR THOSE WHO BELIEVE, NO EXPLANATION IS NECESSARY."
Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2008 at 5:54am

Patty,

The basic thing is the belief in the Holy Scripture, A Holy Scripture that was sent by God Almighty to His Servants as a guide to find Him. This is a sign of His Mercy.
A holy Scripture that is proven to be pure, authentic and free from errors.

Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
Mansoor_ali View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mansoor_ali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2008 at 2:25pm

They are all equal.  The three entities serve different purposes, but they are ONE GOD.  Just as I am ONE PERSON, yet I am a wife, mother, and grandmother.....I serve different purposes, but I am still one person.

There is one thing missing here......faith.  Without faith and belief in the Holy Scriptures and Gospels, this topic will be the "neverending discussion thread."  You either believe the evidence given you by the prophets and Jesus in the Bible, or you don't.  It's that simple.  I believe.

God bless you always,
Patty

Reply to PattyaMainer

The above analogy doesnot work.Why?Bevause if this is a case then if the wife dies..the mother dies..the grandmother dies...

My Question is:Can God die?

Visit
 Trinity Analogies
 Is God Triune
 Illogical Trinity
 It is Three gods
 Is the Trinity Logically Coherent In Light of Biblical Teachings?

And also visit

Is the Holy Spirit Omniscient?

What is the role of the Holy Spirit in Islam?Why can't we call it God?

What about the Holy Spirit?

PattyaMainer View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PattyaMainer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2008 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by Mansoor_ali Mansoor_ali wrote:

God bless you always,
Patty

Reply to PattyaMainer

The above analogy doesnot work.Why?Bevause if this is a case then if the wife dies..the mother dies..the grandmother dies...

My Question is:Can God die?

Visit
 Trinity Analogies
 Is God Triune
 Illogical Trinity
 It is Three gods
 Is the Trinity Logically Coherent In Light of Biblical Teachings?

And also visit

Is the Holy Spirit Omniscient?

What is the role of the Holy Spirit in Islam?Why can't we call it God?

What about the Holy Spirit?

Ali,

With all due respect, your posts and my posts are only evidence of why you are Muslim and I am Christian Catholic.  We believe wholeheartedly in the authenticity of our own religions.  These discussions have no end.

God bless,
Patty
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2008 at 6:04pm

Originally posted by honeto honeto wrote:

Salam.

Hi Nur,

God bless,

Hasan

God bless you always,
Patty

Thanks Patty,
I am wondering if I can get an answer from you  to my main question above.
Let me just paste it here again: You say Holy Spirit is spirit, I wonder in what form you believe then God (the Father) is? Also since Jesus is gone back, here he was in human form, accoding to you God, in what form is he now? And what happened to the part that was human, not God (Jesus), the one that walked, ate, and worshipped God, where is he now, in what form?

Also, you gave an example about how God can be three in one by; "Just as I am ONE PERSON, yet I am a wife, mother, and grandmother.....I serve different purposes, but I am still one person."

Dear Patty, let me say this, you are also a sister, a cousin may be, a greatgrand daughter as so on. That's more than three roles, if you will. Why you think God to be limited to only three roles?

I know you believe Mary to be mother of God, why is she not part of the godhead and not included. The son in included as God, but mother of god not?? 
How come? 

Hasan

Edited by honeto - 03 December 2008 at 4:46pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
  Share Topic