IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Is it right?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is it right?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alsathik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is it right?
    Posted: 29 June 2005 at 5:13pm

Salaam Alaikkum,

one of our muslim sister was raped by her father-in-law and she was forced to marry her father-in-law by the Islamic cleric in Uttar Pradash, India. Is it corrrect?

let me know about this.

Walaikkum Salaam.

J.R. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J.R. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2005 at 6:06pm
Assalamu Alaikum,

How can this even be a question if it's right?! All logic points to NO!!!
The fact that she was raped and the rapist has obviously gone
unpunished shows how wrong it is. I once read a story from the
Prophet's time (pbuh) and forgive me if I don't have the story exactly
right. A woman in the community was raped and instead of the rapist
being punished for his crime, both families wanted to settle the matter
though a settlement of money. The Prophet (pbuh) once hearing of this
insisted that the rapist be punished. I wonder if anyoen else has heard of
this.
May Allah (swt) comfort taht poor woman and give her strength.

Peace,
J.R.
Smile
kim! View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kim! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2005 at 2:09am

???????

If she has a father in law, she has a husband - how could she marry the father in law?

God - why are there SO many places in the world where women are actually better off DEAD?

Kim...

hkrespect View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hkrespect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2005 at 3:50am

it is sickening

just goes to show how lack of islamic understandin and islamic faith there is in the world.

that man shud be killed.

its a cliche - but we need an islamic state

hk
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2005 at 4:28am
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

assalamu alaikum

I dont know what they are practecing there but it isnt Islam.

It clearly says in the Quran "La Ikraha Fi Deen" There is no compultion in religion.

Regarding this very point Imam Malik One of Islams Greatest Mujtahid Scholars would not take back his ruling on the matter even after being flogged and paraded.

The caliph Abu Ja`far al-Mansur had forbidden Malik to narrate the hadith: "The divorce of the coerced does not take effect" (laysa `ala mustakrahin / li mukrahin tal�q). Then a spy came to Malik and asked him about the issue, whereupon Malik narrated the hadith in front of everyone. He was seized and lashed until his shoulder was dislocated and he passed out. When he came to, he said: "He [al-Mansur] is absolved of my lashing." When asked why he had absolved him, Malik replied: "I feared to meet the Prophet after being the cause for the perdition of one of his relatives." Ibrahim ibn Hammad said he saw Malik being carried up and walking away, carrying one of his hands with the other. Then they shaved his face and he was mounted on a camel and paraded. He was ordered to deprecate himself aloud, whereupon he said: "Whoever knows me, knows me; whoever does not know me, my name is Malik ibn Anas, and I say: The divorce of the coerced is null and void!" When news of this reached Ja`far ibn Sulayman (d. 175) the governor of Madina and cousin of al-Mansur, he said: "Bring him down, let him go."
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
Khadija1021 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khadija1021 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2005 at 10:57pm

I recently read a fatwa on a similar case in South Africa where a sister was molested by her father-in-law and she was told that it invalidated her marriage and that she could never go back to her husband.  The Imam said the ruling was incorrect and that the father-in-law was guilty of a crime and that the woman could not be held responsible for this unless she was a willing participant.  I believe some people are confused.  In the Qur'an, it states that a man cannot marry his father's wife if the marriage was consummated; however, if the marriage was not consummated, then it is lawful.  I think the confusion is that some people get this twisted and think it means if a father has intercourse with a woman, she is therefore unlawful to the son.  But this is not what the Qur'an says.  It is only the case if he has married her.  If he has not married her, then he has committed a sin and she is not forbidden to marry, even his son.  So, what they have done is taken an act where a man has sinned and violated this woman and turned it into something which is even a greater sin.  Inshallah this poor sister will fine relief soon.

Edited by Khadija1021
Say: 'My prayer and my rites, my living and my dying, are for Allah alone, the Lord of all the worlds. (Qur'an, 6:162)
ZamanH View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZamanH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2005 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by alsathik alsathik wrote:

one of our muslim sister was raped by her father-in-law and she was forced to marry her father-in-law by the Islamic cleric in Uttar Pradash, India. Is it corrrect?

Nope that is not correct. I wish I could have replied to you earlier. The fatwa by the local Muslim cleric ordered the victimised woman to live separately from her husband and five children, after being raped by her father-in-law.

As far as I know, that judgement is islamically sound because a man is not supposed to have intercourse with women who had intercouse with their fathers or sons.
An enemy of an enemy is a fickle friend.
There will be more women in hell than men.
..for persecution is worse than the slaughter of the enemy..(Quran 2:191)
Heaven lies under mother's feet
ZamanH View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZamanH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2005 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by Kim Kim wrote:

God - why are there SO many places in the world where women are actually better off DEAD?

Poverty is so crippling here, almost as many men feel the same way. Admittedly, women do suffer significantly (but not greatly) more compared to men and that is a disgrace. But, I don't think most of them will think its intolerable to live here if they had not been poor.
An enemy of an enemy is a fickle friend.
There will be more women in hell than men.
..for persecution is worse than the slaughter of the enemy..(Quran 2:191)
Heaven lies under mother's feet
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic