IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Basics of Islam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Recommend a biography of Muhammad?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recommend a biography of Muhammad?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2008 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by Friendship Friendship wrote:

Assalamu alaikum.

The best translation of the holy Qur'an is by Abul Ala Maududi.

I would have to disagree. . . .  its not the best translation out there.
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2008 at 11:47pm
Assalamu alaikum.

The English version we have now in 16 volumes was translated from Urdu. Which one do you have in Pakistan. You will be surprised that a Jew confirmed to me that it is the best translation of the holy qur'an in English language.
Friendship.
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2008 at 12:09am
We have all sorts of translations  in Pakistan. . . obviously the urdu ones are more common . . . .(of maududi that is)

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2008 at 9:38am
Assalamu alaikum.

There is a documentary on the Life of Muhammad Rasulullah 'The Message" by late Mustapha Akkad. The 2 hour documentary could be available in some Islamic Bookshops in America.
Friendship
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic