IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Quality Advise needed on Islam  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Quality Advise needed on Islam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2008 at 5:09am
Originally posted by bb43v3r bb43v3r wrote:

Hello, i am new here, was searching for sites to help me out regarding Islam.

I need really good advisors here on my personal matter.

Introduction of myself, im a Christian from Malaysia and actually I am very confused about choosing my religion. Currently my faith is divided in between Christianity and Islam.

You see, i have a girlfriend and she is an Islam. We have known each other for a couple of years and my intention is to marry her.

According to Msia law i have to convert in order to marry and i dont know the religion much as i know mine since i am still reading books about Islam.

I need really good advise on this matter: -

1. I love her very much and I have promised her before (quite long already) that i will convert before i marry her but the problem is, it has taken me quite long to choose my religion as I am confused between choosing Islam and my old religion. It would be nice if both sides of religion can give me advises since i have read some topics with Christians & Muslems talking.

2. She says that if I convert for the sake of my love to her and not bcoz i want to become a Muslem she would not either bcoz I am not taking my faith correctly, which i agree.

3. She wants a husband that can bring her teachings of Islam, prayers and what islam is about. Which i am not capable of since i am still in the process of learning myself.

I would really appreciate all advises that comes in.

Thank you.

Welcome to our boards of discussions at IC,bb43--- Smile

Firstly, let me congragulate you for the lucky girl you have got in your life. InshaAllah, you shall realise it fully, very soon. We pray for it.

Kindly, take your own time to study Islam. We wish u to take your decision without any pressure. Brother, Ali, has answered you very well. Kindly, post us any of your doubts/clarifications in Islam. Insha Allah, we shall help you to understand it.

And finally brother, pls see that you do not disturb our sister in Islam {Your friend} , by your meetings. Islam does n't permit such relationships. Am sure she must be knowing that, but that shall be a reminder for her.

I wish, and pray Allah swt, that you both start up a very good life which shall be a fruitful in Hereafter as well.

All my best wishes with you.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic