IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Quality Advise needed on Islam  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Quality Advise needed on Islam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ariff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2008 at 10:58am
Assalamualaikum

Dear brother Ali, so far that is the best explanation. Many non-muslim confuse with Islam. Allah bless you.
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2008 at 7:33pm
1. Trinity = 3 = is man's attempt to name and understand the only One True GOD which with our small minds we are unable to even begin to understand.. 

2. Jesus = Crucified & Resurrected I would go by the eyewitness accounts in the Gospel which the Quran validates

3. Fasting = why we dont fast like Islam? We do LOL!!  were have you been?  During Lent, before communion!

4. Pilgrimage = It is stated we should do pilgrimage Where have you read this?  Christianity is about the heart and innner soul not outward rituals.

5. Zakat (I cant remember in english) = Stated in bible somewhere that we pay zakat but i dont see we doing it either, unless is considered as those donations you give every Mass.  LOL!  There are all kinds of Christian charities.  Are you Catholic, try a protestant church.

6. Islam prays every Friday, we every Sunday, and they also do pray 5 times a day, why we pray in different times? Why Friday and not Sunday and why Sunday and not Friday?  Jesus tells us to pray unceasely!!

7. Why Christians goes to church, we wear what we like in a house of GOD which i think is not the correct way whereby Islam they are ONE?  Again not concerned with what is outside but in the heart.

8. If the Quran has the Gospel as the bible did, why are we so different until now? LOL!  Good Question.  There are many theories I have my own theories.

9. As my knowledge is not there yet, i would guess Christians and Islam are praying to the same GOD/ALLAH but we are doing it in a different manner and different believes. Correct me if i am wrong, since everything stated in the bible and Quran are almost similiar writings and teachings, only problem is about Jesus and Muhammad.  Muslims also hold hadith in respect- alot of Islam comes from these writings.

10. Why Islam can marry 4 and why did GOD gave his commands to let this happen? And why does prophet Muhammad was able to marry a 9yr old girl, in any society thats not good? (Hope this is correct unless people just speculate for the sake of tarnishing Islam, if so, than very sorry for these). Christians able to marry once?  In the perfect world GOD did create one man for one woman, but even in Old Testament times men had more then one wife.  Look at Abraham- see the trouble it caused having more then one wife.  GOD knows and understands our minds and thus limits it to one man and one woman.

11. I did notice someone said in the Quran, Allah teaches to kill all non believers, i thought that once Judgement day comes, Allah will just judge and we as humans are not to be the judge. I am not sure is there anything related in the bible to let us kill as if GOD gave his approval to let do whatever we like.  Since the time of Jesus we have been commanded to not kill, love your neighbor as yourself.
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2008 at 7:46pm
minuteman - but what about the Muslims that say Jesus died at the age of 120?

Please list the verse in the Quran that says Allah promises Jesus will not die.  Do you mean 3.55 is saying that?  Thanks
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2008 at 12:07pm
In the perfect world GOD did create one man for one woman, but even in Old Testament times men had more then one wife. 

So is our world "perfect" or not? Because of you say that Allah's creation is not perfect then what do you have? That God created an "imperfect" world.

Considering that through history there have always been more adult women than men, what do you propose these women to do? I guess they should just be celebate till some other woman dies??

I's really love to know the percentages on "Christian men" who sleep only with their one wife throughout their lifetime. So no sex before marraige, and some Christians do not believe in divorce, and no sex with anyone but their wife.

I would bet, bet that there are more Muslim men who have only slept with their wife or wives than Christian men. And most Muslim men have only one wife.. It is easily 80% of the population of Muslims. We women are expensive to upkeep..lol Wink

I don't think many Christians actually fear God too much. When you look at the decadance and sin in "Christian" lands they aren't worried about much cause they "believe in Jesus."
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
_ALI_ View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _ALI_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2008 at 8:16am
Salam
004.099 For these, there is hope that Allah will forgive: For Allah doth blot out (sins) and forgive again and again.

Ok, i dont understand this part, i feel this this part is being misused somehow by certain people. Please dont get angry at what i am about to ask bcoz its not relating to every Muslems, is this how some Islam fanatics/extremist (Those fighting a war at the moment and supporting it)  thinks, they will be forgiven if they suicide bomb, killing innocent peoples (I actually dont care about the soldiers since they only follow orders) and calling it a Jihad?
Let me explain the concept of sin and forgiveness in Islam. We have two types of sins, i.e those which are committed against God and those which are committed against people. Although officially God is not obliged to forgive anyone, In Qur'an, 048.014 (Al-Fath [Victory, Conquest])
048.014 To Allah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth: He forgives whom He wills, and He punishes whom He wills:
But unofficially, God forgives if a person repents sincerely, which is why the verse continues
 but Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
However, this is only true for sins committed against Allah. If I start drinking alcohol, I am disobeying Allah and this type of sin is committed against Allah only. If I repent sincerely after that, then Allah will Inshallah forgive me. But if I kill someone, steal from someone, grab a person's land etc, these types of sins harm people. They are committed against people. Their forgiveness do not require sincere repentance alone. To be exempted from the punishment regarding rights of the people (Huqooq-ul-Ibad), we also require the forgiveness of the person we harmed. In Islam, God is kind but he is also just. Hence coming to the point you gave, suicide bombers who kill innocent people cannot use that verse of the Quran since it only considers the sins committed against Allah. Furthermore, human life is revered in Islam, whether Muslim or non-Muslim:
 if any one slew a person - unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land - it would be as if he slew the whole people: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people. Then although there came to them Our messengers with clear signs, yet, even after that, many of them continued to commit excesses in the land.
Al-Qur'an, 005.032 (Al-Maeda [The Table, The Table Spread])
Text Copied from DivineIslam's Qur'an Viewer software v2.910
But the question then, like you asked, is that is this how a suicide bomber thinks? that he will be forgiven? Well suicide bombing was made popular by Tamil Tigers in Sri Lanka, not Muslims. They did not think that they will be forgiven, hence this thinking is not required. Then how do terrorists think? Well if you kill a guy's family, bomb his house, then he will think of only revenge. The injustice done to him, that is the root cause of terrorism. His acts are definitely condemnable but they are understandable. He may interpret Islam wrong, but then, even Hitler interpreted Christianity wrong.
In his speeches and publications Hitler spoke of Christianity as a central motivation for his antisemitism, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitler#Religious_beliefs
If you have any questions, you are most welcome to ask. Many Muslims online along with me will be more than willing to answer.
While I'm at it, I'll also respond to believer.
1. Trinity = 3 = is man's attempt to name and understand the only One True GOD which with our small minds we are unable to even begin to understand.. 
While we are talking about trinity, can you find this word in the Bible? Search the Old Testament and the New Testament, and there is no trinity. Jesus Christ never uttered the word trinity in his life.
2. Jesus = Crucified & Resurrected I would go by the eyewitness accounts in the Gospel which the Quran validates
Like I said before, according to Quran, along with many Christian historians, Bible is unauthentic. If Bible says something then that does not make it true. So if Bible says Jesus Christ was crucified/resurrected it is irrelevent for us Muslims. Quran clearly says

002.079 فَوَيْلٌ لِلَّذِينَ يَكْتُبُونَ الْكِتَابَ بِأَيْدِيهِمْ ثُمَّ يَقُولُونَ هَذَا مِنْ عِنْدِ اللَّهِ لِيَشْتَرُوا بِهِ ثَمَنًا قَلِيلا فَوَيْلٌ لَهُمْ مِمَّا كَتَبَتْ أَيْدِيهِمْ وَوَيْلٌ لَهُمْ مِمَّا يَكْسِبُونَ
002.079 Then woe to those who write the Book with their own hands, and then say:"This is from Allah," to traffic with it for miserable price!- Woe to them for what their hands do write, and for the gain they make thereby.
Al-Qur'an, 002.079 (Al-Baqara [The Cow])
Text Copied from DivineIslam's Qur'an Viewer software v2.910
The book here is the Bible. Furthermore, here is a book called "crucifixion or crucifiction" by Ahmed Deedat in which Deedat proves from the Bible that Christ was not crucified.
Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2008 at 3:38pm
Assalamu alaikum.
Iam a Muslim by birth, but now I read the commentary of the Bible by Reverend Matthew Henry more than I read the Qur'an, because I find the contents closely resembling what is in the holy Qur 'an. You see, the Muslims are giving a bad image of Muhammad Rasulullah because they do not have a central authority. Imagine the Children of jacob in Egypt without Joseph or in Egypt withou Moses, or without Joshua. You need to  understand Allah very well and you can get that from the Matthew's commentary. The whole Book of Genesis and Exodus is present also in the holy Qur'an. It does not have to be word by word, once the aim and message is the same. There is an inverse relationship betwen the Qur'an and the Bible- where the Bible is hard and harsh, you find the Qur'an soft and simple and vice versa. Muhammad did not come to change the Ten commandments but rather to refine them and made them easy. The Shari'a of Muhammad covering intoxicants, gambling, murder, injury, theft are all from the Old Testament. Understand that it was in Madina that intoxicants was prohibited according to the Jewish Shari'a and not that in the New Testament. Then concession was given in case of addiction. The socio-economic Shari'a are virtually the same- do not cheat and all ill forgotten wealth should be disposed before one dies, or else one will enter Hell fire. Zakat is not compulsory because charity is superior to collecting wealth and then disposing it after a year.  In the bible you are to slaughter an animal in the morning and in the evening and help the poor. I hope you understand what I mean. The battle of Ai during the time of Joshua was similar to the battle of Uhud.  Marriage of the holy Prophet was as a result of loss of life through self defense of their property and honour. You know he was driven out of Makka like Moses had to leave Egypt for his life was threatened. He had no Shari'a in Makka like Moses in Egypt. It was only after th Hijra that he got the Shari'a like Moses after the Exodus. Polygamy was necessitated by the migration and matrydom in battlefields. Muhammad had one wife for 24 years. Polygamy is allowed to prevent illegal relationship. I have only one wife and most of my relations have only one wife.  The conditions attached to polygamy technically made it prohibitable. But the Muslims read in between lines without understanding the aim and objective of the Shari'a. Muhammad had no male child since leadership after him is not to be based on tribal or regional consideration. We all equal in the sight of Allah. This was not the case with the children of Israel. Imagine fasting reduced from 40 to 30 days. This is what is termed the Mercy of Allah.  The only important difference is the Salat which is not well mentioned in the Bible. If you read carefully the song of Moses you will find close resemblance to the Opening chapter of the Qur'an. As I said I am not after word by word by resemblance. This is the meaning of the word Qur'an. Muhammad never called the children of israel with a name other than the People fo the Book and Muslims. He did not call the christians christians. I am writing a book: Muhammad Rasulullah and the People of the Book to invite people like you to come to Islam so that we can form the Khalifate. Even if you do not embrace Islam, know that the world can have peace if the ten comandments are strictly followed. But the Muslims frighten you and they do nothing in applying the ten commandments in the Qur'an. The Jews never denied that Muhamamd was not a Messenger of Allah or that what he brought was different form the their book. It was out of prejudice and jealousy that they refused to believe in him.
The Muslims are jokers. They are not serious because they do things delibarately going agaisnt the Shari'a and believe that Allah will forgive them. This is not so in the Bible and the Sunna of Muhammad. I am sure you know the appropriate verses in the Bible. You must learn Arabic language to understand the Sunna of Muhammad. If you want to read the English version of Qur'an buy Abul Ala Maududis commentary of the holy Qur'an and also read Commentary fo the Bible by Reverend Matthew. You msut also read the history of Muhammad Abubakar Umar. My books are being edited if you give me your postal address, I will send them to you. But I am not saying that you must start praying. It is your own affair. Convince yourself and be ready to be alone if you finally accept Islam. So do not be in a hurry. Know the does and the donts first of all.
Frindship.   

minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2008 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

minuteman - but what about the Muslims that say Jesus died at the age of 120?

Please list the verse in the Quran that says Allah promises Jesus will not die.  Do you mean 3.55 is saying that?  Thanks

The good long age of Hazrat Isa a.s. of 120 years is based on a Hadith which says:

The daughter of the prophet Fatima siad that the prophet said, "Every year the angel Gabriel recited (revived) once the revealed part of Quran with me during Ramadhan. This year he revived it to me twice.
 And there is no prophet who did not attain half the life of his predecessor prophet. Isa lived for 120 years and I hope that I shall go at the head of 60 years."

About the verse you mentioned addresses Jesus. I hope it is the same verse 3:55.  Allah addressed Jesus and promised him:
1. That I will cause you to die (a natural death),
2. I will raise you to myself.
3. I will clear all charges that will be levelled against you,
4. I will cause  those who believe in you to rise above and be more powerful upon those who are your enemies.

These four were promised to Jesus by Allah after his enemies planned to kill him on the cross. And Jesus had prayed to avoid the cup. An angel visited him and aided him and strengthened him that his prayer was accepted and gave the news about the four promises mentioned above.

Please see  that the first of all those promises was his natural death. That means not death with a sword or on the cross. The promise of death is before raising to himself.

It is a funny thing that Muslism are denying the meaning of the word which is well known for death (Mutawaffee). They are trying to make it as if it is to take something completely. It is used in the meaning of death in Quran and elsewhere many times, never used to take something fully.

The word is used to take the soul and leave the body where it is.
Thanks.

Edited by minuteman - 02 October 2008 at 11:48pm
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2008 at 7:22am
Hayfa- GOD"S creation is perfect but we are sinners!!  We sinned then and now.  LOL!!  Muslim men have temporary marriage and multiple wives and if they confess get whipped!! 

LOL!!  Hayfa I have repeated many times that Trinity is man's attempt to explain GOD as described in the Bible. 

Hayfa Please read the Quran, it confirms the Gospel and Torah!! 

Minuteman it doesn't say when in the Quran!! The Quran is lacking if you have to have the hadith explain what the verse means!!

People thought that Jesus would be dead and gone forever after the crucifixion.  Allah had the whole thing planned and Jesus is sitting at the right hand of GOD.
John 3
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic