IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Umrah ?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Umrah ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gulliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Umrah ?
    Posted: 14 September 2008 at 4:42pm
I am wondering.

Does anyone know if it is possible for a non-Muslim to make a journey, companion a Muslim while he perform the Umrah ? I believe in God and have a sincere desire for, and belief in submission to the will of God in all things, with the help of the same God. I've been to the Mosque a few times, and can sit there for long periods in peaceful contemplation of the Creator and in prayer. It is a 'house of God,' and as surely as I can pray anywhere - I find real serenity and peace in the Mosque too and love to go. I don't know that I can claim honestly to believe anything else at this point, and it would be an outright lie to make any other claim.

Thanks for any reply and God bless.
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2008 at 4:12am

There should be some way to arrange a visit for you to the place of wo rship established for all mankind (Al Naas). But apparantly, it appears that the Saudis are sitting on the sacred house of Ka,abah and the Clerics controlling the religious affairs may not permit you to go there.

It is understood that non-Muslims cannot go there. I do not know how and why. There is some law probably described in the Hadith. But Quran says let every one who can make a pilgrimage to the House of Allah, let him do so.

The best way to achieve your purpose is that those authorities who are controlling, if any one (non-Muslim) requests them to arrange a visit to Makkah, they should arrange it themselves under a suitable guard or guide. But they haveno right to stop any one from seeing  and praying in the place.
 A real better reply can be given by some one who knows the Islamic as well as saudi laws.
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2008 at 9:14am
Well I'm sure there are several additional reasons why aside from what minuteman has pointed out. I too, think Beitullah (House of God) should be welcomed to all human beings regardless of religion if we are not to be labeled as an exclusionary people. I'm sure Saudi law would prohibit any non-Muslim from visiting EXCEPT those who have money. With money I'm sure you can buy your way in the most sacred of places.
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2008 at 9:51am
Why not just testify that there is no deity worthy of worship except the creator of the heavens and earth (God) and that Muhammad Ibn Abdullah of Arabia 570ce is the Messenger of God.  Afterwords, go to the Saudi Embassy website and select an "approved" travel agent who will make all necessary arrangements for your trip.  Once you have made the above declaration, phone any local Masjid and request a letter stating that you are a Muslim, which the embassy will likely require along with your passport and visa application.  The approved travel agent may also assist with this letter. 
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2008 at 8:00pm
As'Salamu Alaikum,

You showed an easy way brother { AbuAyisha} Smile.

Well Gulliver, non-muslims are n't allowed to enter the premises of Haram.

Being in my own country i cannot travel "CANTONMENT area". Only those who are connected to military or defence are permitted there. I can move in any part of my country without any visa or any specific entry cards.
 I guess every country must be having such rule. I cannot question illogically as why am not allowed in my own country. Similarly,, Islam is a universal religion and any one can visit any of the mosques of thr world except two "cantonment areas" - Makkah and Medinah. They require a specific visa and i.e as told in bro.Abuayisha's post - "La ilaha illal la, Muhammadur Rasool Allah". Here only those who are muslims are allowed to enter.

Very glad to know that you experience serenity in mosques. I pray that you also experience the serenity and joy, being in Makkah and Medinah, and share with us one day , insha Allah.

Convey our salams to your friend, whom i see has   influenced you  with Islam. I did read your intro thread and learn of it.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2008 at 11:05pm

3:96,   The very first house (for worship) built for the mankind is the one in Bakkah (makkah) and that is blessed and source of guidance for all the creation.

3:97, In that are the clear signs (of) the status of Ibraheem. And whoever entered it became safe (comfortable). And it is binding upon mankind to pay a visit (pilgrimage) to the house whoever can afford (manage) it. And whoever opposed it then Allah is free from any need of his creation.

[3:96] Surely, the first House founded for all mankind is that at Becca, abounding in blessings and a guidance for all peoples.
[3:97] In it are manifest Signs; it is the place of Abraham; and whosoever enters it, is safe. And pilgrimage to the House is a duty which men - those who can find a way thither - owe to Allah. And whosoever disbelieves, let him remember that Allah is surely Independent of all creatures.

Edited by minuteman - 15 September 2008 at 11:06pm
Gulliver View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gulliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2008 at 12:33am
Thank you for all you help here :-)  "With money I'm sure you can buy your way in the most sacred of places. "

No, I am not one of those. Relatively I have more money than some. I have saved for a trip for a time and wished to make some kind of 'spiritual pilgrimage'. It does not have to be the Umrah or to Mekka or anywhere really. Just about a month away somewhere where I can pray more, be away 'from the world' for a time, and try, TRY and give fuller attention to God, seek to know what God's will might be. where the direction ahead lies. As far as I am concerned, it would be absolute hypocrisy and a 'blasphemy,' for want of a better word, to 'buy your way' in any 'sacred place'. It seems to me that so many of the 'great' 'religious leaders' made journeys 'into the desert,' where they 'meet with God'. From Moses onwards.

For me - that 'desert' is the heart. It's the source of all 'intent' and the place that must become truly 'holy'. But like all prophets - for me, being, at least nominally 'Christian' - I believe, it is good to get away to a physical place too if possible, for a time, where you can really look into your own heart and find the God you seek, or God speak to you. And sharing the experience in a place like that, where the people of the world - at least those of true faith, strip themselves of worldly things, and show solidarity in true faith, and humility before their God. I was going to go on a much needed 'holiday' - spend time wherever, doing whatever. But I don't want or need that, not really, not deep down. Some might say, 'nice that you have that option'. That's not it either. Just some place for a 'soul jihad' perhaps, away from the noise and distractions of the world for a time. Though I fully realise it is when we think we can be alone - that there are other 'noises and distractions' inside of us that can often shout louder than any 'noise' the world may throw our way.

It's just something I have been thinking about. My friend has waited a long time too, and we just seem to be seeking something the same at a deep, core spiritual level, that I wondered if God had not brought us together for this purpose too. God does work in mysterious ways, as we all know. That we come from different 'faiths' to share what we have in common, to teach each other and grow in understanding and faith, and love of the Creator is what is truly important - the way of peace - the way that does not lead to any human being hurting another in ANY way and use the 'name of God' as some excuse. That is the worst 'blasphemy' as far as I am concerned.

The latter part of the declaration is something I cannot make, not yet anyway, if ever. I don't know. It would be like paying to enter a sacred place for me to say such a thing, when I cannot honestly say it is what I truly believe at this time. It would be a lie and that would be no good to anyone. Jesus said, "take up your cross and come follow me." I realise Islam does not believe in the crucifixion. To me I see in the 'crucifixion' utter submission to the will of God - even to 'death, death on the cross'. And the 'cross is folly to the world'. The wordly man does not understand the meaning of true submission - complete submission, and perfect obedience to God's will in all things - even 'death' itself, as and when and how it comes. I just don't know. I am trying to learn. I submit my lack of knowing which is, well - infinite :-)  to God too when I pray, and in that there is less worrying about any of it. If God wills, it will happen.  A poster said how my friend had influenced me. We influence, teach best by examply I believe. "By their fruits you shall know them." My friend told me a week after we met and talked that he'd have sworn I was a true 'Muslim' if I were not a 'Christian'. I told him I did not know what I was, and was very reluctant to use 'labels' as they more often than not caused greater division between people. So, the journey continues :-)  Thank you all again so much and

God bless all of us - and may the Good Allah lead us all on the 'right path' to 'the Light' of 'Jannah'. :-)

I will keep you posted folks :-)

Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2008 at 5:31am

For once we cannot blame the Saudi government or their scholars.

O you who believe! Verily, the Mushrikin (polytheists, pagans, idolators etc) are impure. So let them not come near Al-Masjid Al-Haram after this year; and if you fear poverty, Allah will enrich you if He wills, out of His bounty. Surely, Allah is All-Knowing, All-Wise. (Surah At-Taubah 9: 28)

This command of Allah�s has being in place since the 9th Hijrah not since the Saudi came into power.

The only solution is to accept Islam.

Peace

�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic