IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Concerned about Hadith no 14  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Concerned about Hadith no 14

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2008 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by Hyposonic Hyposonic wrote:

Wow is it that serious to discuss whether the ratio of women to men in hell is important? I wonder what women think about this conversation.

Yes, hyposonic, this discussion is n't serious but made serious. Its not an important issue to worry about, be it women in Islam. But few people potray it as, look how Islam injustifies women, They are destined to hell ---. What women think of this -- Well, women in Islam, do take it negatively. Infact they try to overcome the deficiencies, identified in the hadith. Like, being ungrateful -- etc. But again, its not a big issue, as made up.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Adam192 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam192 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2009 at 6:27pm
"The Prophet said, �I looked at Paradise and found poor people forming the majority of its inhabitants; and I looked at Hell and saw that the majority of its inhabitants were women.�" Bukhari vol.4:464 p.305."

well Gulliver, this is more of a statement then a racial or sexist remark. If I were to say that most of the inhabitants of our prison system are of a specific race or sex, would that be racist or sexist?

Adam

Edited by Adam192 - 09 January 2009 at 6:27pm
sokratiz zen View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sokratiz zen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2009 at 4:58am
DEAR SILVER ARROW
SALAM!

Narrated Abu Qilaba

"By Allah, Allah's Apostle never killed anyone except in one of the following three situations: (1) A person who killed somebody unjustly, was killed (in Qisas,) (2) a married person who committed illegal sexual intercourse and (3) a man who fought against Allah and His Apostle and deserted Islam and became an apostate.

BUKHARI Volume 9, Book 83, Number 37

You will notice that the apostate is not killed for leaving Islam for whatever religion he chooses; but it was because he switched to another camp who is at war with the Prophet. A mere change of belief cannot be a rational and just ground to kill a fellow human being.

I am really saddened and afraid of Muslims who are wanting of critical thinking. The lack of Critical Thinking (Quran 2;111) is extremely dangerous. "Man never do evil so completely  and cheerfully", says Pascal,  "as when  they do it from religious conviction."

There is the video of muslim extremist here in the Philippines and I personally confirm how my fellow Filipino muslims "do evil so completely  and cheerfully" in the name of Allah. Devoid of Critical Thinking and intoxicated by a strong religious conviction, they felt justified chopping off the head of Christian soldiers. Review you midieval history and know how both Christians and Muslims felt so justified to kill one another.

In an age where some few Muslims are grabbibing the attention of mass media and unfairly describes Islam as inherently violent --- deserves a second thought and a profound soul searching among us. If there is anything that we muslims need nowadays to remain in the right path, it is the Quran 2:111. It is The verse on Critical Thinking. In response to anyone who assert something as true, Allah advised the Prophet and all of us to:

"Produce your (scientific or logical) proof
               If you are really telling the truth"

This verse is an open challenge and an invitation to us to critically examine any statements or injunctions before we swallow and act upon them.

(Under the strong religious conviction) I want you to know also that all religions, except Buddhism, has the share in the history of violence against fellow human beings. However, it was not the fault of the scripture per se; it was because critical thinking is wanting in the faithfuls. I want to believe that the Quran (or any scripture ) is incomplete without Critical Thinking. There are good Hadiths and Verses from the Quran that highlights the value of Faith and Reason. The Quran and Critical Thinking can never be separated. Take away one from the other, and you will find yourself in both extremes.

Quran 2:111 is the verse for the intelligents. I invite my muslim brethren to anchor our Islamic Faith on this verse. Let us develop the habit of Skepticism. Always doubting and examining the rationality of the intepretations and applications of the Quran and Hadiths.

I wish you the best in your search for the Path.

Your brother in Islam,

Sokratis Zen

(For your complete Hadith research please visit this website and exercise your critical thinking http://www.khayma.com/Uzkurallah/English2/hadith/hadith2.htm

Edited by sokratiz zen - 26 January 2009 at 5:10am
owen.grandison View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote owen.grandison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2009 at 1:27pm
These people have every right as a human being to leave any religion if they are not happy with it because the qur'aan says: "when truth has arrived, and falsehood perished" (qur'aan 17:81), so if they were wrong by leaving and disagreeing with the religion and talking to other people about their disagreement with it then it would be perceived as falsehood according to islam, they would have perished by the will of allah, not your murderous assassinations.  If these people are wrong or liars, don't you believe that allah would have mad that known eventually, without you killing or attempting to kill them with your human hands?  Where was your allah then?
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2009 at 1:50pm

Dear Owen.Grandison,

During early of Prophet Muhammad's prophet hood, it's a war time, somebody who quit from Islam, that's meant they would joint the "Qurays's troop" try  to kill Prophet Muhammad and his follower and destroy "young Islam".

This days, this will not apply, you can come and go to Islam as you please, nobody will bother you.

Of course we believe that people will not come to Islam genuinely without a guide or inspiration from Allah, they will not easily to leave Islam. So we consider the peoples  the lucky ones. That's why in our prayer we always ask Allah to strengthen our faith, to keep Islam in our heart. Because without his guidance and help from Allah, Islam can disappear from our heart.
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
BelieverInOne View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BelieverInOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2009 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by SilverArrow SilverArrow wrote:

Dear All,

I am in process to study Islam very seriously.
Right now I am studying the 40 Hadiths.
I come to read about the Hadith no 14.

Basically this Hadith says:
- If a person is Muslim and then leaves Islam out of his own conscience for other spiritual path is considered treason and harmful to Uma and society. Based on this kind of thinking that person is punishable by death.

In my view, this is very harming to Islam and is not respecting a basic tenet of Islam which says that the religion is NOT COMPULSORY.
As long that the person which leaves Islam remains a perfectly good person, helpful and caring to others why this person should be condemned and killed for his own conviction to leave Islam for another spiritual path?

Could you elaborate on this subject?

Thanks,
Alex

Assalaam alaikum
Isn't someone who leaves Islam an apostate?
Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2009 at 12:01pm
Assalamu alikum.

Sokratiz zen posted: I am really saddened and afraid of Muslims who are wanting of critical thinking. The lack of Critical Thinking (Quran 2;111) is extremely dangerous. "Man never do evil so completely  and cheerfully", says Pascal,  "as when  they do it from religious conviction.
Response: You are quite right. I hope you know the reason. That portion of the Qur'an is not taught in the universities. I mean the Sunna of Muhammad Rasulullah. The sciences we learn in the Universities are taught as if they have no root or relation with what Allah revealed in the Qur'an.
Fiendship.  
Akhe Abdullah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2009 at 7:21am
Originally posted by BelieverInOne BelieverInOne wrote:

Assalaam alaikum

Isn't someone who leaves Islam an apostate?
Wa Alaikum As Salam Wa Rahmatullah Believer In One.Naam(yes)you are correct.Apostaters I know don't just leave Islam for another way of life they leave for the life of the dunya(Astagfirallah!)

Edited by Akhe Abdullah - 05 March 2009 at 7:23am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic