IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Concerned about Hadith no 14  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Concerned about Hadith no 14

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2008 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by Friendship Friendship wrote:

Assalamu alaikum.

Nothing: Will you kindly tell the under which subject matter was the hadith in which the Prophet said, �I looked at Paradise and found poor people forming the majority of its inhabitants; and I looked at Hell and saw that the majority of its inhabitants were women,�"  is quoted in Bukhari vol.4:464 p.305.
My hadith book of Bukhari is the Arabic one with commentary.
Friendship.

Honestly Friendship I don't have the hadiths book of Bukhari or Muslims. I have only much smaller hadiths book as a compilation of major hadiths known as Mishkat Al Masabih.

I looked at the hadith online and I could not find the hadith that I quoted earlier also. Beside it was not word for word verbatim. Most likely I read it from one of the books that I have read. Same as the known "He who knows himself knows his Lord" also I read it from one of those books. If you read the Muhammad haykal "Biography of Muhammad" you will definitely read quite few of those. But once I spot it I will let you know.
Gulliver View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gulliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2008 at 3:29am

How can you have peace in your soul if you are 'worrying' about the 'afterlife'. Your 'heaven' or 'hell' begin here. And there is a danger that to accept all suffering complacently as 'the will of God,' prevents us from doing what God may truly 'will' - get up and do something to change the state of affairs for ourselves, and others. Discernment is important too. What might God truly desire in the situation.

Surely, if God were truly Good and Compassionate, which I believe God to be, then the HOPE of the 'afterlife' - 'heaven' would bring a kind of solace in suffering that has to be endured for whatever reasons, and faith, the courage, strength and perseverance to do all to change whatever creates that kind of suffering in a society.

In Islam it is believed we are tested through the trials and sufferings of life. As someone once said, "a faith not truly tested is no faith at all."

In Christianity. Well in Catholicism anyway. The 'traditional' Catholicism. The obedience of Jesus is perfected through suffering. Or 'testing,' in another context. We are called to follow this. Take up your cross and come follow me. I am the Way, the Truth and the Life.  The Way, Truth and Life are complete submission to God's will. Redemption, new and truly spiritual life comes through our obedience to God being made 'perfect'. Our love of God is perfected when we desire nothing for ourselves, death to self, and long for and accept only the will of God, in the belief and ultimate knowledge that it is the way to the Kingdom on earth, as it is in Heaven.

The Catholic Mass is about people making themselves 'present' with Jesus on the Cross, an offering of will and life, suffering and death in complete submission to God's will. Believing that through that complete and utter submission - we will know and realise complete and whole redemption - the way to 'Heaven' 'Jannah'. It is very difficult and a constant battle. The inner Jihad. The 'greater jihad'. But I believe it to be true, even we do go through long periods at times, of 'dark' faith. It is faith alone that gets us through that 'dark'ness. A darkness that can seem at times like a non belief in God.

When it comes to seeking complete submission to the will of God in ALL things - we all have more in common than we all realise, I think.

These are very rushed thoughts here Seeks and not very clear.

God bless
Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2008 at 3:28am
Assalamu alaikum.

Nothing posted: Honestly Friendship I don't have the hadiths book of Bukhari or Muslims. I have only much smaller hadiths book as a compilation of major hadiths known as Mishkat Al Masabih.

Response: I asked you about the reference not because I have never heard of the hadith, but because I want follow the ethics of learning Islamic knowledge. First of all understand the explanation by Allah, then Muhammad Rasulullah, then the Sahabas, then their pupils up to our time. Then one makes up his mind. As I said, we translate the hadith literally on its face value, but not according to its Shari'a meaning. We have already discussed on it. I have also Mishkat and I find it to be a useful book.
Friendship
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2008 at 5:04am
Assalamu alaikum.

Gulliver posted: When it comes to seeking complete submission to the will of God in ALL things - we all have more in common than we all realise, I think.
Response: Gulliver, we are in the 21st century. Let us be frank, honest, rational, empirical and fear Allah.
If I were to ask the followers of Muhammad to show me the Qur'an used by Muhammad Rasulullah to bring about peace in Madina (i.e the covenant he undertook with the people of Madina), they will accuse me of blasphemy and make the shedding of my blood legal! But the teaching of Muhammad allowed one to ask questions to clear all doubts and confusions in his mind. YES WE HAVE MORE IN COMMON THAN WE REALISE! Gulliver let us start from the creation of Adam and walk through the Messengers of Allah.
1. Adam was a batchelor and then got married. He had children. The pious one's were commanded not to mix the unpious ones. What did Muhamamd command?
2. Noah. Only the righteous were saved by Allah from His punishment whcih came to them when they refused to obey the Messenger of Allah Noah. Allah said in Genesis, "The Lord saw how bad the pople on earth were and that everything they thought and planned was evil. Cruelty and violence have spread everywhere".  What did Allah tell Muhammad in Qur'an 30:41? So, Allah will not destroy the followers of Muhammad? He was described as walking with God. Muhamamd was said to have offered this prayer, "Allah make me not live a second without Your Company". 
3. Abraham. What of his covenant of circumcission? They said Muhammad was circumcissed at birth? What of his followers? He called his children to worship One Allah only! Did any of his children contravined his call?
4. Isaac. Was sent away because he was hated by the Philistines on account of the blessing Allah gave him. In the long run they said to Isaac, "We know for certain that the Lord is with you, and we have decided there needs to be a peace treaty between you and us. So let us make a solemn agreement not to harm each other". Now what did Allah command Muhammad to do in such circumstances? To organize suicide bombing? Let us be realistic, Are the Jews not more inclined to peace?
5. Ishmael. Who built the Ka'ba? So Allah commanded Muhammad to demolish the Ka'ba and never to pray there?
6. Jacob. He called his children to worship the Allah of Abraham, Isaac. 
7. Joseph. About knowledge, Joseph said, "Doesn't God know the meaning of dream? He also said, "I can't do it myself, but God can give a good meaning to your dreams"? What was the source of the Qur'an? Has Allah allowed the followers of Muhammad to say something without His (Allah's) permission? Are the followers of Muhammad more knowledgable than Allah and Muhammad?
8. Moses. He was given the Ten commandment. did Allah contravined to Muhammad what He gave to Moses? To commit murder/ To steal? To tell lies? To want something that belongs to somone else? Be unfaithful in marriage? Disrespect parents or to worship power and wealth?
9. From Moses to John and Zachariah, did Allah contravine the ten commandment?
10. What did Jesus say and command?
I am sure Gulliver you understood what I mean or trying to understand. I find it very difficult to understand what mankind want? Is this recession and the way the world is treating George Walker Bush not a lesson to us that we have to go back to Allah? Was the choice of Muhammad Rasulullah as political and spiritual leader by the peole of Madina not based on what was in the OT and NT?.
Gulliver request the followers of Muhammad to explain to you logically and empirically the meaning of the haidth, "The people are like one hundred camels in the midst of which you will seldom find one fit for riding" Ref Mishkat: chapter later days and time.
Friendship.

Hyposonic View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hyposonic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2008 at 5:26pm

Friendship you said:

You will not be killed since you were not born in Islam.

This is contradictory. First, Muslims according to some hadith reports consider all human beings as they are born spiritually Muslim. Second, even if you weren�t born you convert so in this case is there some significance between born and converting?

Ideally, you should be taken your khalifa to discuss with you what you did not understand and give you ample time till you understand it.

What if you sincerely have come to the conclusion that you are not interested [spiritually] in the message of Islam and what if you desire another faith? Or what if you had bad experiences in a Muslim country and this leads to your rejection of Islam in its entirety? I don�t think just because one desires to leave Islam that person necessarily misunderstands Islam it could also be due to encounters with other Muslims or how it is practiced.

seekshidayath  said:

And secondly, we need to note that they are n't destined to hell, since the Prophet said. No ! not at all. Apart from other important reasons of her weaknesses,when we logically, view it, the stats show that the number of women are always greater than men. Look at any generations,census. they are large in numbers. So the ratio may get increased in hell as well.

This grammatically doesn�t make sense

Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2008 at 1:18am
Assalamu alaikum.

Wishing you happy X-mas and happy New Year.

Hyposonic posted: This is contradictory. First, Muslims according to some hadith reports consider all human beings as they are born spiritually Muslim.
Response: Remember that those above 20 years of age after the Exodus where the one's punished by Allah for refusing to obey Prophet Moses. The fate of those under 20 years of age who did not obey him but died was not told to us by the Children of Israel.  Now Muhammad Rasulullah told us their fate that they were Muslims, because they were not matured enough to be held accountable for their deeds. Now if the Children of Israel will deny this explanation, they have to tell us the fate of those who died unmatured. Today, the age is reduced to a maximum of 15 years right across the spectrum. If a children born to an Israel woman died today, before he reached 15 years of age he ill enter Paradise. If a child born to a Muslim died today before he got matured he will enter Paradise. But anyone who died today after reaching the adult age will have to give account of his deeds. He will be asked who is Allah and who is Muhammad. If his deeds have measured to the scale, he will enter Paradise, other wise he will be thrown into hell headlong forever. The partition is: freedom from enslavement, maturity and sense. Note that you are indeed a Muslim not a Christian as I explained in many of my posts.
11)
What if you sincerely have come to the conclusion that you are not interested [spiritually] in the message of Islam.
Response: This is hypothetical/ theoretical and in Islam we do not deal with hypothesis. We deal with WAQI'A, that is things that are real and positive.
111) and what if you desire another faith?
Response: You are being deceived by the ignorant followers of Muhammad Rasulullah who do not understand the Will Plan and Decree of Allah. There is only one way one can worship Allah and that is through submission voluntarily or unvoluntarily. This is ISLAM right from the beginning of inorganic creation as stated by Angela 14.5 billion years ago. In Genesis Enoch (called Idris by Muhammad)  walked with God before he got Methuselah and also after he got Methuselah. Reverend Matthew Henry called this True Religion: to live a life of communion with God both in ordinances and providences. It is to make God's word our rule and his glory our end in all our actions. It is to make it our constant care and endeavour in everything to please God and nothing to offend him. It is to comply with all his will and to concur with his designs and to be workers together with him.
111) Or what if you had bad experiences in a Muslim country and this leads to your rejection of Islam in its entirety?
Response: Empirically, I never had this experience. In the Book of Genesis, the children of Abel were forbidden to mix with the children of Cain! Are telling me that Muhammad ordered the contrary? I can give you so many instances where the Muslims following the Islam before Muhammad expressed their desire with me to know more about what Muhammad taught and said. As I said, earlier try to get the book written by Suzanne Haneefa an American lady wrote about Islam and Muslims. Read the explanation and commentary of the holy Qur'an, the life of Muhammad and his immediate followers. Forget about the suicide bombers and their corrupt regimes and incompetent scholars. If you understood that the door of repentance is widely opened to you and that there would be no peace in the world unless you enter that door and live in the building, you should do that now.

Friendship.

Gulliver View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gulliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2008 at 2:45am
Friendship !!! 

I am appalled. You took the Christ out of 'Christmas'. Shame on you !

The 'unbelievers' have managed to take the spirit out of Christmas well enough, without 'believers' now seeking to do the same.

Christ mas is supposed to be a time that reminds us of God's love - peace on earth and goodwill to ALL men, and women.  That's what Islam is about too - Peace and Good will ? :-)

Mansoor_ali View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mansoor_ali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2008 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by Friendship Friendship wrote:

Assalamu alaikum.

Nothing: Will you kindly tell the under which subject matter was the hadith in which the Prophet said, �I looked at Paradise and found poor people forming the majority of its inhabitants; and I looked at Hell and saw that the majority of its inhabitants were women,�"  is quoted in Bukhari vol.4:464 p.305.
My hadith book of Bukhari is the Arabic one with commentary.
Friendship.

If the ratio of women to men here on planet earth is larger, then it is only logical that the ratio of women to men in hell would also be larger.

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/census2001/implications.asp

http://www.census.gov/population/pop-profile/2000/chap20.pdf

Go to this site and check out the ratio of women to men in every country. You will see that most of them are larger. http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/

To start with, the Hadith does not say that most women are in hell. It says that the majority of hell dwellers are women, which simply signifies that more women fail in this worldly test than men. Then the Prophet, peace be upon him, points out their failure, which is not based on denying God. Rather, it is denying kindness, particularly in marital situations. The Prophet, peace be upon him, has pointed this out in more than one Hadith, warning women against grumbling and frequent complaints. He is also warning them here against denying kindness by their husbands, highlighting a failing that is often expressed in denying past kindness.
The Hadith shows that women can easily avoid such a destiny by being fair and appreciative of kindness. They should always be grateful to God for what He has given them and also be appreciative of any kindness done to them by others, particularly those with whom they live, be they their husbands, parents or other relatives. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic