IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Men (Brothers)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - sins of masturbation?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

sins of masturbation?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Nabil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nabil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 8:35pm
so...is it allowed or not?!
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by Saladin Saladin wrote:

Masturbation would have nothing to do with chastity IF it could be done with a blank mind. Could it?
Confused I'm not sure I follow you.  It can be done without lusting after a particular person, if that's what you mean.  It can also be done while fantasizing about a perfectly legitimate relationship with a future wife -- or with a slave girl, which (remarkably!) I understand is permissible in Islam.
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
Nabil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nabil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 6:33am
im unable to quit it.Is it really a sin?I read somewhere that it is in no case a sin but I still pray to Allah every night to help me direct on right path.

I last max 10 days but then loose control.
Saladin View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saladin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 4:23am
Masturbation would have nothing to do with chastity IF it could be done with a blank mind. Could it?
'Trust everyone but not the devil in them'
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2008 at 5:27pm
Okay, I'm not a Muslim, but I have to comment on this because it's just plain illogical:
Quote This Aayat shows masturbation to be Haraam because of two reasons: Firstly, in this Aayat Allah Ta�la has given the command of chastity and, according to the principles of Fiqh, a command (an imperative) denotes Wujoob (incumbency, obligation).
Okay, but what does masturbation have to do with chastity?  Isn't that just begging the question, i.e. assuming the conclusion you are trying to prove?

Quote And if assuming, it was permissible, then Allah Ta�la would have mentioned it at this point because this was the place of explanation. The silence maintaned by Allah Ta�la with regard to it at a place which requires its explanation, denotes that masturbation is Haraam.
But again, doesn't this assume the conclusion?  Why does masturbation "require an explanation" in a passage discussing marriage and chastity?

If the mere silence of the Quran on a subject is sufficient to declare it haram, then the list of things that are haraam becomes endless.  I guess even using a computer would be haraam.
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
Saladin View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saladin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2008 at 9:00am
Being chaste is being pure in spirit. Its not neccessarily a physical state. A chaste woman who's raped, remains chaste.

Masturbation is certainly haraam, considered to be a lesser form of zina. However as some scholars opine, if a person is in a situation that will lead to zina and had to chose between zina and masturbation, the lesser of the two evils may be chosen and Allah is Most Forgiving. Habitual masturbation is not excusable.

'Trust everyone but not the devil in them'
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2008 at 3:16pm
How can a man be chaste? Masturbation is not vaginal intercourse...
Ruhi Islam View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruhi Islam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2008 at 12:49pm
Allow sw declares one must protect their chastity until they get married, masturbating is not protecting your chastity. And Allah sw knows best. If I wasn't so busy, I would have loved to expand on this...take care

Edited by Ruhi Islam - 12 October 2008 at 1:34pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
  Share Topic