IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islamic INTRAfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - the sahaaba  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedthe sahaaba

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>
Author

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2008 at 6:33am
to sign*...
and these are sort of ppl who r doing their best to spread hate...

infact dont u see,that wen it comes to ahle bayt(a.s) vs someone......u prefer taking the side of the "someone"....mu'awiah....yazid...talha....zubair....

while the Prophet (a.s) has said:
Ali is with truth, and truth is with Ali
Tarikh, by al-Khateeb al-Baghdadi

anybody against truth, is falsehood...a simple fact...

"Loving Ali is believing, and hating him is hypocrisy".
Ref.: i) Sahih Muslim, Vol.1, p.61.
       ii) Sunan al-Nisai, Vol. 6,P. 117.
       iii) Sahih al Tirmidhi, Vol. 8, P.306.

the names of Hypocrites are right in front of u...

Abu Huraira narrated:

The Prophet (PBUH) looked toward Ali, Hasan, Husain, and Fatimah (AS),
     and then said: "I am in war with those who will fight you, and in
     peace with those who are peaceful to you."

Sunni references:
(1) Sahih al-Tirmidhi, v5, p699
(2) Sunan Ibn Majah, v1, p52
(3) Fadha'il al-Sahaba, by Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, v2, p767, Tradition #1350
(4) al-Mustadrak, by al-Hakim, v3, p149
(5) Majma' al-Zawa'id, by al-Haythami, v9, p169
(6) al-Kabir, by al-Tabarani, v3, p30, also in al-Awsat
(7) Jami' al-Saghir, by al-Ibani, v2, p17
(8) Tarikh, by al-Khateeb al-Baghdadi, v7, p137
(9) Sawaiq al-Muhriqah, by Ibn Hajar al-Haythami, p144
(10) Talkhis, by al-Dhahabi, v3, p149
(11) Dhakha'ir al-Uqba, by al-Muhib al-Tabari, p25
(12) Mishkat al-Masabih, by Khatib al-Tabrizi, English Version, Tdadition #6145

i can go on and on in saying about the true merits of Ahle Bayt.....but in order to understand the truth, u have to be unbiased....

[QOUTE]he was a poor administrator and statesman[/QUOTE]

if this is poor administration, then what do u say about umar's administration wen he said:
"If there was not Ali, Umar would have perished"
Fadha'il al-Sahaba, by Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, v2, p647, Tradition #1100' al-Isti'ab, by Ibn Abd al-Barr, v3, p39; Manaqib, by al-Khawarizmi, p48; al-Riyadh al Nadhirah, by Muhibbuddin al-Tabari, v2, p194; Tarikh al-Khulafaa, by Jalaluddin al-Suyuti, p171

so atleast ure second caliph accepts the fact that Imam Ali(a.s)'s decisions were better than his own...so if Imam Ali (a.s) decisions were "poor" as u say...then obviosly the decisions of umar are................

Edited by asda - 30 September 2008 at 3:00pm
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2008 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by asda asda wrote:

to sign*...
and these are sort of ppl who r doing their best to spread hate...
You want to see hatred go to Iran where the assassination of Umar and a shrine of the Persian assassin is found; or go to the the Shia meetings!

Just go on the facts than who has more hate it the Shias who do have all the hate speeches in their gatherings of Muharram( Mujalas) with fever pitched environment for the ignorant masses even a place like the US. I thought with migration to the west they may clean up the act but still the same stinking Imambaras and same sick  mentality! I saw the ugliness so close that I felt like puking my gutts out!
They invite the professional whiners called Zakirs from their home countries with questionable types cuz I saw these characters up close! They almost wind the morons mostly the migrants from the subcontinent like robots and seeing the drama of crying adults is just pathetic! I knew some of the attendees personally who rarely would do salat or other things requird but going to this muharram hue and cry would get them the redemption!LOL
Even if they intermarried with the European crowd they are still brain washing their kids in the same crapola! It is appaling just like the Catholics passions!
A question for you Mr. knowitall:
Can you explain how do you keep using the same blistering hot weather story without water of Karbala of 10th of Muharram BTW which  for some years falls in the middle of freezing cold months gatherings in North America!
You know a self flagellation will freeze your booty in the subfreezing tempretures procession on the street! And doing in heated hall would be a joke! Just think about it! It might be OK for the subcontinent or ME not here!
Just a suggestion to make it simple for you morons :
Pick the solar date and fix it  on your calender--- the Muharram 10 64 AH would be September 7--- how do you  like it? 

infact dont u see,that wen it comes to ahle bayt(a.s) vs someone......u prefer taking the side of the "someone"....mu'awiah....yazid...talha....zubair....

My dear simpleton friend I am neutral here the things I just want keep spade as spade and not go over board in hyperbole period! The Xtians have done that with their religion so have you with yours!
This whole concept being partisans of Ali or Muawiah  has no basis in true Islam!
There are no partisans of Yazid preaching about what are you talking about?
Your concept of Passion of Hussain in Shiaism is so close to Catholicism's passion of Christ that it is comical from where I have seen things!

while the Prophet (a.s) has said:
Ali is with truth, and truth is with Ali
Tarikh, by al-Khateeb al-Baghdadi
Start with Quraan and then go with facts! The doggone Persians after losing the Empire used their woman to water down the true religion of Islam!
 And all those who were involved with that got on the short end of the stick!
My brother is  even today married to a Persain woman and both of them have no religion she bad mouths the Prophet and all that we don't bring the religion up at the family dinners! What would you know if you want know the truth!

anybody against truth, is falsehood...a simple fact...
You forget all the Caliphs were the sheriffs of Mecca even before the advent of Revelations and they were all related to the Prophet(s) so discussing their business at our level is the height of st**idity and naivete but the insertion of the Persian minds into this has just thrown this calculus out of kilter!
"Loving Ali is believing, and hating him is hypocrisy".
Ref.: i) Sahih Muslim, Vol.1, p.61.
       ii) Sunan al-Nisai, Vol. 6,P. 117.
       iii) Sahih al Tirmidhi, Vol. 8, P.306.
Ali had a role but that was based on the seniority and certain protocol! Every body is supposed to love Ali but at the same time did The Prophet(s) say to bad mouth others?

the names of Hypocrites are right in front of u...

Abu Huraira narrated:

The Prophet (PBUH) looked toward Ali, Hasan, Husain, and Fatimah (AS),
     and then said: "I am in war with those who will fight you, and in
     peace with those who are peaceful to you."
I have no issue here they were all loved and their names are part of the Friday Khutba!

i can go on and on in saying about the true merits of Ahle Bayt.....but in order to understand the truth, u have to be unbiased....

[QOUTE]he was a poor administrator and statesman

if this is poor administration, then what do u say about umar's administration wen he said:
"If there was not Ali, Umar would have perished"

so atleast ure second caliph accepts the fact that Imam Ali(a.s)'s decisions were better than his own...so if Imam Ali (a.s) decisions were "poor" as u say...then obviosly the decisions of umar are..............
I know he was a great consultant, jurist and fighter but being put in a elective competition the majority thought the seniors had a better hand at the till!
IMHO he should not have taken the Caliph's job after the murder of Uthman, it had crossed the threshold of Islamic law and order. The murder of Umar was one thing that the assasin was not one of them but in case of Uthman's that was the 
breakdown of respect and decency! And expecting things will settle down without apprehending the perpettrators and handing down of the verdict that was Ali's  forte being a jurist is just beyond me. The whole thing did happen in a way that did nobody good and that tradition still goes on!

Well finally what Umar accomplished is a hallmark of an achievement in serving  the Caliphate that has been recognized by even Michael Hart in his book "the 100" for his brilliant leadership of the new nation even ahead of Ashoka, Thomas Jefferson, Charlemagne and Julius Caesar and lot of others!! And of course the list is headed by our dear prophet being on the top! And there is no other Muslim happens to found in there!
[/QUOTE]

Edited by Sign*Reader - 30 September 2008 at 6:01pm
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
asda View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2008 at 1:48am
ure post reflects ure akhlaq and how much have u understood the teachings of Prophet Muhammad (a.s)...

infact,if u dont know...we r not taught hatred at all...i have attended several imambargah's...and heard many maulana's and zakirs....infact there is defference on how u take it....i mean if we discuss topics like fidak and merits of Maula Ali (a.s) and other such stuff....u will surly not like it...

well again u have been biased in ure answer...and in ure frustration, u have proved nothing....i cant blame u for not having sufficient answers...and for a fact, u can do ure best to inflame me...inshallah u will fail....

u have done ure best in being naive in ure reply in defending those ppl u call sahaba....

infact if u truly see, i have not bad mouthed anybody at all....its u who have just shown ure failed akhlaq....

i hope such filth is not repeated, or else u will be responsible for spoiling the peace in this forum...

and about the book, "100 most..." by a non-muslim....lol....bee happppeeeee a non muslim has rated our Prophet (a.s)....woohooo....

well u knw wat....his opinions mean NOTHING AT ALL...cuz rasool's status does not differ and inch with his work....Rasoolullah (a.s) was the great and the greatest......

and about umar in that list....u can party out about him being above asoka and others zaalims.....but u also forgot he is below some zalims like HITLER GENGES KHAN, Alexander, Napolean...so now wat do u say???...alhamd. no other muslim is not there.....

Edited by asda - 01 October 2008 at 3:52am
asda View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2008 at 4:07am
Br. Friendship

it is hard to rid out history from events like fidak, jamal, siffin, the zulm done to some good companions and other such stuff after the Prophet (a.s) died....infact if u see, the Ahlul Bayt (a.s) was left alone....while the Prophet (a.s) had said that he has left Quran and Ahle Bayt for his ummah in his last speach....but still we see ppl biased against them....May Allah (s.w.t) guide all...

actually it is hard to imagine how can leading prayers be a sign of being a desendant....can u please highlight on that..
i cant remember the name of the person, but someone else was leading the prayers wen umar was in his last days...who dint become the ruler....we thus have such examples...
infact, abu bakr shud not have been there in the 1st place...they shud have been in the army of usamah...

i disagree with u that Prophet Muhammad (a.s) is the ONLY athority....lets not forget QURAN...and his ITRAT..and we have to follow all of these...in order to be a successful muslim...

It is narrated in Sahih Muslim as well as many other sources that:

Someday (after his last pilgrimage) the Messenger of Allah (PBUH&HF) stood to give us a speech beside a pond which is known as Khum (Ghadir Khum) which is located between Mecca and Medina. Then he praised Allah and reminded Him, and then said: "O' people! Behold! It seems the time approached when I shall be called away (by Allah) and I shall answer that call. Behold! I am leaving for you two precious things. First of them is the book of Allah in which there is light and guidance... The other one is my Ahlul-Bayt. I remind you in the name of Allah about my Ahlul-Bayt. I remind you in the name of Allah about my Ahlul-Bayt. I remind you in the name of Allah about my Ahlul-Bayt. (three times)."
Sunni Reference:

Sahih Muslim, Chapter of the virtues of the companions, section of the virtues of Ali, 1980 Edition Pub. in Saudi Arabia, Arabic version, v4, p1873, Tradition #36.
And many others such as Sahih al-Tirmidhi, Musnad Ahmad (see below).
For the English version of Sahih Muslim, see Chapter CMXCVI, v4, p1286, Tradition #5920

Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2008 at 6:51am
Brother Asda.
From your write ups, you know about the history of Islam. I am not a shit'ite and I do not believe in sectarianism. I am a Muslim. I understand Ali bin Abi Talib as a believer and a follower of Muhammad Rasulullah. He has two positions in Islam. People do not understand his role according to the Quraysh customs- the one closest to a clan. The holy Prophet had no male child and Ali happened to be the one among the sons of Abi Talib to be under his guardianship due to impoverishment of Abu Talib. ja'afar was 15 years old and stayed with Al-Abbas. Abu Lahab the riches was stingy. Harith died very early. Abdullah, Abu Talib and Harith with I think 8 females were full brothers. So Ali was the closes of the Propehts cousins. Ibn Abbas was yet to be born. Abdullah bin Umar was a distant cousin. So Ali took the important position of representing the holy Propeht according to their customs but not according to Islam because Allah said, "Fastabiqul khayrat". We are not allowed to say one is superior to the other as exemplied by Allah in Sura Baqra:253, Zukhruf:32. The Sahabas were appointed to positions by the holy Prophet according to their knowledge and the requirement in that position.We are all to race with one another to get the best from Allah buy following the Sunna of the holy Prophet.  Ali was asked if the holy Prophet gave them a special position above others. he said, "No! except from what is betwen the two leaves". Ali's eloqunce was genetic and induced by his closeness to the holy Prophet. His father was a great poet. The most eloquent of the Quraysh was the holy Prophet. So Ali was bound to be eloquent as a proof that he stayed with the holy Prophet and not with Abu jahl (Abu Hakam). Ali's grandmother was from the famous Banu Makhzum tribe and so he must be a warrior, like Khalid bin walid, Ja'afar bin Abi Talib, Umar, Abu Jahl, Aqil bin Abi Talib (I think matryed during the battle of Yarmuk or Qaddisiyya). The Quraysh Muhajiruns and his cousins alive at that period (death of Uthman) were all younger than Ali or were his contemporaries. Ali's confrontation was not primarily with the Sahabas, but with the young illiterate and over zealous Muslims from Iraq, Egypt, Syria and the neighbouring tribes who were yet to understand the Sunna.  They took the advantage of the Pilgrimage when few Sahabas were in Madina and launched their assault. Did they not accuse Ali of conspiracy? What could he have done at that time?.
On the question of Ahl bayt, we must seperate between the Ahl bayt according to Arab customs and Ahyl bayt that covers all Muslims. Hasan and Husayn were the grandchildren of the holy Prophet from their mothers side. The Sunna was clear on what to do with them after the death of their father or mother. But we inherit from the father and not mother like the Children of Israel. Why then should we not treat the rest of Ali's children on the same level? The maltreatment they received was a history and was not allowed by the Shari'a. So we have nothing to do with that. Allah will pay them in full. I do not see anywhere in the Qur'an where leadership is to be based on inheritance. The Prophets of the Children of Israel were appointed by Allah on fear of Allah and their knowledge but not on any other criteria. We should not quesion why Allah choose Prophets from them. If Ali was chosen as the Khalifa at that time, I believed that was the Sunna and what they understood from the holy Prophet. We were not there! The election of Abubakar who was not technically a Quraysh proved that the Sunna has nothing to do with personal desires or inheritance etc. It is purely on merit. Look, I have one experience! I have a grandchild who comes to disturbs me while praying in the same manner described Hasan and Husayn were doing. But my granddaughter does not come to disturb me neither does she disturbs her grandmother. So please let us respect history and the Sunna!
But what are we doing today? Who among the Muslim leaders today is elected on the criteria set up by the Qur'an and the Sunna or anything resembling the election of Abubakar or Ali?  Is it the Sunna that it is one of prerequisites of the leader of the Muslim Umma to be leading them in prayer? Why should we go to the Ka'ba and be lead in prayers by not our respective Political leaders, but by only thsoe who are not Ahl hal wal aqd?    
Please let us forget about Usbiyya and stick to what is clear. Let us remember what Ali told ibn Abbas when he sent him to meet those confronting him (called the Khawarij), "Discuss with them according to the Sunna, for the Qur'an has may interpretations". Those who do not know the Sunna of the holy Prophet in selecting leaders for the Umma, should please endeavour to know. Let us be practically oriented and not theoreticians! I always remeber Umar ibn Khattab and Ai bn Abi Talib for the work they did to Islam. But that does not mean that I do not remember Abubakar. I remember Abubakr wheneer i am reading Surat baqara in Subh prayer and Umar when reading Sura Yusuf. Islam now is need of warriors not those who are ready to comprise the Sunna for worldy positions!
Friendship 
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2008 at 1:42am
Brother Friendship:
Jazakalla for such an excellent note on the subject, Thanks

Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
asda View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2008 at 10:42am

asda View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2008 at 10:46am
Salaams..

i would just like to add the beautiful words of H.Fatima (a.s), also known as the Khutba of Fidak.

'Praise be to Allah for that which He bestowed (upon us); And thanks be to Him for all that which He inspired; and commended in His Name for that which He Provided: Form prevalent favors which He created, And abundant benefactions which He offered and perfect grants which He presented; (such benefactions) that their number is much too plentiful to compute; Bounties too vast to measure; Their limit was too distant to realize; He recommended to them (His creatures) to gain more (of His benefaction) by being grateful for their continuity; He ordained Himself praiseworthy by giving generously to His creatures; I bear witness that there is no God but Allah Who is One without partner, a statement which sincere devotion is made to be its interpretation; hearts guarantee its con�tinuation, and illuminated in the minds is its sensibility. He Who can not be perceived with vision; neither be described with tongues; nor can imagination surround His state.

He originated things but not from anything that existed be�fore them, and created them with�out examples to follow. Rather, He created them with His might and dispersed them according to His will; not for a need did He create them; nor for a benefit (for Him) did He shape them, But to establish His wisdom, Bring attention to His obedi�ence, manifest His might, lead His creatures to humbly vene�rate Him, and to exalt His decrees. He then made the reward for His obedience, and punishment for his dis�obedience, so as to protect His creatures from His Wrath and amass them into His Paradise.

I too bear witness that my Father, Muhammad, is His Slave and Messenger, Whom He chose prior to sending him, named him before sending him; when creatures were still concealed in that which was transcendental, guarded from that which was appalling, and associated with the termination and nonexistence. For Allah the Exalted knew that which was to follow, comprehended that which will come to pass, And realized the place of every event. Allah has sent him (Muhammad) as perfection for His commands, a resolution to accomplish His rule, and an implementation of the decrees of His Mercy. So he found the nations to vary in their faiths; Obsessed by their fires, Worshipping their idols, And denying Allah despite their knowledge of Him. Therefore, Allah illuminated their darkness with my Father, Muhammad, uncovered obscurity from their hearts, and cleared the clouds from their insights. He revealed guidance among the people; So he delivered them from being led astray, led them away from misguidance, guided them to the proper religion, and called them to the straight path.

Allah then chose to recall him back in mercy, love and pre�ference. So, Muhammad is in comfort from the burden of this world, he is surrounded with devoted angels, the satisfaction of the Merciful Lord, and the nearness of the powerful King.

So may the praise of Allah be upon my Father, His Prophet, Trusted one, the chosen one

from among His creatures, and His sincere friend, and may peace and blessings of

Allah be upon him.'

Fatima (A) then turned to the crowd and said:

'Surely you are Allah's slaves at His command Prohibition; You are the bearers of His religion and revelation; You are Allah's trusted ones with yourselves; and His messengers to the nations. Amongst you does He have righteous authority; A covenant He brought unto you, and an heir He left to guard you; That is The eloquent book of Allah; The truthful Quran; The brilliant light; The shining beam; Its insights are indisputable; Its secrets are revealed; Its indications are manifest; and its followers are blessed by it. (The Quran) leads its adherents to goodwill; and Hearing it leads to salvation; with it are the bright divine authorities achieved, His manifest determination acquired, His prohibited decrees avoided; His manifest evidence recognized; His satisfying proofs made apparent, His permissions granted, and His laws written.

So Allah made belief to be purification for you from poly�theism.

He made Prayer, An exaltation for you from conceit.

Alms -A purification for the soul and a (cause of) growth in subsistence.

Fasting an implantation of devotion.

Pilgrimage -A construction of religion.

Justice -A harmony of the hearts;

obeying us (Ahlul-Bayt)�Management of the nation.

Our leadership (Ahlul-Bayt), Safeguard from disunity.

Jihad (struggle)� a strengthening of Islam.

Patience -A helping course for deserving (divine) reward.

Ordering goodness (Amr Bil Maruf)� Public welfare.

Kindness to the parents� A safeguard from wrath.

Maintaining close relations with one's kin -A cause for a longer life and multiplying the number of descend�ants.

Retaliation (Qesas)-For sparing blood (souls).

Fulfillment of vows-subjecting oneself to mercy.

Completion of weights and measures -A cause for preventing the neglect of others' rights. Forbiddance of drinking wines an exaltation from atrocity.

Avoiding slander -A veil from curse.

Abandoning theft-a reason for deserving chastity.

Allah has also prohibited polytheism so that one can devote himself to His Lordship.

Therefore; Fear Allah as He should be feared, and die not except in a state of Islam;

Obey Allah in that which He has commanded you to do and that which He has forbidden, for surely those truly fear among His servants, who have knowledge.'

Lady Fatima Zahra (A) then added:

'O People! Be informed that I am Fatima, and my father is Muhammad I say that repeatedly and initiate it continually; I say not what I say mistakenly, nor do I do what I do aimlessly.

Now hath come unto you an Apostle from amongst yourselves; It grieves him that you should perish; Ardently anxious is he over you; To the believers he is most kind and merciful. Thus, if you identify and recog�nize him, you shall realize that he is my father and not the father of any of your women; the brother of my cousin (Ali (A)) rather than any of your men. What an excellent identity he was, may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him and his descendants Thus, he propagated the Message, by coming out openly with the warning, and while inclined away from the path of the polytheists, (whom he) struck their strength and seized their throats, while he invited (all) to the way of his Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching He destroyed idols, and defeated heroes, until their group fled and turned their backs. So night revealed its dawn; righteousness uncovered its genuineness; the voice of the religious authority spoke out loud; the evil discords were silenced; The crown of hypocrisy was diminished; the tightening of infidelity and desertion were untied,

So you spoke the statement of devotion amongst a band of starved ones; and you were

on the edge of a hole of fire;(you were) the drink of the thirsty one; the opportunity of the desiring one; the fire brand of him who passes in haste; the step for feet; you used to drink from the water gathered on roads; eat jerked meat. (Lady Fatima (A) was stating their lowly situation before Islam) You were despised outcasts always in fear of abduction from those around you. Yet, Allah rescued you through my father, Muhammad after much ado, and after he was confronted by mighty men, the Arab beasts, and the demons of the people of the Book Who, whenever they ignited the fire of war, Allah extinguished it; and whenever the thorn of the devil appeared, or a mouth of the polytheists opened wide in defiance, he would strike its discords with his brother (Ali, (A)), who comes not back until he treads its wing with the sole of his feet, and extinguishes its flames with his sword. (Ali is) diligent in Allah's affair, near to the Messenger of Allah, A master among Allah's worshippers, setting to work briskly, sincere in his advice, earnest and exerting himself (in service to Islam); While you were calm, gay, and feeling safe in your comfort�able lives, waiting for us to meet disasters, awaiting the spread of news, you fell back during every battle, and took to your heels at times of fighting. Yet, When Allah chose His Prophet from the dwell of His prophets, and the abode of His sincere (servants); The thorns of hypocrisy appeared on you, the garment of faith became worn out, The misguided ignorant(s) spoke out, the sluggish ignorant came to the front and brayed. The he camel of the vain wiggled his tail in your courtyards and the your courtyards and the Devil stuck his head from its place of hiding and called upon you, he found you respon�sive to his invitation, and observing his deceits.

He then aroused you and found you quick (to answer him), and invited you to wrath, therefore; you branded other than your camels and proceeded to other than your drinking places. Then while the era of the Prophet was still near, the gash was still wide, the scar had not yet healed, and the Messenger was not yet buried. A (quick) undertaking as you claimed, aimed at preventing discord (trial), Surely, they have fallen into trial already! And indeed Hell surrounds the unbelievers. How preposterous! What an idea!

What a falsehood! For Allah's Book is still amongst you, its affairs are apparent; its rules are manifest; its signs are dazzling; its restrictions are visible, and its commands are evident. Yet, indeed you have casted it behind your backs! What! Do you detest it? Or according to something else you wish to rule? Evil would be the exchange for the wrongdoers! And if anyone desires a religion other than Islam (submission to Allah), it never will it be accepted from him; And in the hereafter, he will be in the ranks of those who have lost. Surely you have not waited until its stampede seized, and it became obedient. You then started arousing its flames, instigating its coal, complying with the call of the misled devil, quenching the light of the manifest reli�gion, and extinguished the light of the sincere Prophet. You concealed sips on froth and proceeded towards his (the Prophet) kin and children in swamps and forests (meaning you plot against them in deceitful ways), but we are patient with you as if we are being notched with knives and stung by spearheads in our abdomens, Yet-now you claim that there is not inheritance for us! What! "Do they then seek after a judgment of (the Days of)ignorance? But How, for a people whose faith is assured, can give better judgment than Allah? Don't you know? Yes, indeed it is obvious to you that I am his daughter.

O Muslims! Will my inheritance be usurped? O son of Abu Quhafa! Where is it in the Book of Allah that you inherit your father and I do not inherit mine? Surely you have come up with an unprecedented thing. Do you intentionally abandon the Book of Allah and cast it behind your back? Do you not read where it says: And Sulaiman inherited Dawood'?

And when it narrates the story of Zakariya and says: `So give me an heir as from thyself (One that) will inherit me, and inherit the posterity of Yaqoob' And: `But kindred by hood have prior rights against each other in the Book of Allah'

And: Allah (thus) directs you as regards your children's (inheritance) to the male, a portion equal to that of two females' And, If he leaves any goods, that he make a bequest to parents and next of kin, according to reasonable usage; this is due from the pious ones.' You claim that I have no share! And that I do not inherit my father! What! Did Allah reveal a (Quranic) verse regarding you, from which He excluded my father? Or do you say: `These (Fatima and her father) are the people of two faiths, they do not inherit each other?!' Are we not, me and my father, a people adhering to one faith? Or is it that you have more knowledge about the specifi�cations and generalizations of the Quran than my father and my cousin (Imam Ali)? So, here you are! Take it! (Ready with) its nose rope and saddled! But if shall encounter you on the Day of Gathering; (thus) what a wonder�ful judge is Allah, a claimant is Muhammad, and a day is the Day of Rising. At the time of the Hour shall the wrongdoers lose; and it shall not benefit you to regret (your actions) then! For every Message, there is a time limit; and soon shall ye know who will be inflicted with torture that will humiliate him, and who will be confronted by an everlasting punishment. (Fatima then turned towards the Ansars and said:) O you people of intellect! The strong supporters of the nation! And those who embraced Islam; What is this short-coming in defending my right? And what is this slumber (while you see) injustice (being done toward me)? Did not the Messenger of Allah, my father, used to say: A man is upheld (remembered) by his children'? O how quick have you violated (his orders)?! How soon have you plotted against us? But you still are capable (of helping me in) my attempt, and powerful (to help me) in that which I request and (in) my pursuit (of it). Or do you say: "Muhammad has perished;"

Surely this is a great calamity; Its damage is excessive its injury is great, Its wound (is much too deep) to heal.

The Earth became darkened with his departure; the stars eclipsed for his calamity; hopes were seized; mountains submitted; sanctity was violated, and holiness was encroached upon after his death. Therefore, this, by Allah, is the great affliction, and the grand calamity; there is not an affliction-which is the like of it; nor will there be a sudden misfortune (as surprising as this).

The Book of Allah-excellent in praising him-announced in the courtyards (of your houses) in the place where you spend your evenings and mornings; A call, A cry, A recitation, and (verses) in order. It had previously came upon His (Allah's) Prophets and Messengers; (for it is) A decree final, and a pre�destination fulfilled: "Muhammad is not but an Apostle: Many were the apostles that passed away before him. If he died or was slain, will ye then turn back on your heels? If any did turn back on his heels, not the least harm will he do to Allah; but Allah (on the other hand) will swiftly reward those who (serve Him) with gratitude." O you people of reflection; will I be usurped the inheritance of my father while you hear and see me?! (And while) You are sitting and gathered around me? You hear my call, and are included in the (news of the) affair? (But) You are numerous and well equipped! (You have) the means and the power, and the weapons and the shields. Yet, the call reaches you but you do not answer; the cry comes to you but you do not come to help? (This) While you are characterized by struggle, known for goodness and welfare, the selected group (which was chosen), and the best ones chosen by the Messenger for us, Ahlul-Bayt. You fought the Arabs, bore with pain and exhaustion, struggled against the nations, and resisted their heroes. We were still, so were you in ordering you, and you in obeying us. So that Islam became triumphant, the accomplishment of the days came near, the fort of polytheism was subjected, the outburst of was subjected, the outburst of infidelity calmed down, and the system of religion was well-ordered. Thus, (why have you) become con�fused after clearness? Conceal matters after announcing them? Turned on your heels after daring? Associated (others with Allah) after believing? Will you not fight people who violated their oaths? Plotted to expel the Apostle and became aggressive by being the first (to assault) you? Do ye fear them? Nay, it is Allah Whom ye should more justly fear, if you believe!

Nevertheless, I see that you are inclined to easy living; dismissed he who is more worthy of guardianship (Ali (A)); You secluded yourselves with meekness and dismissed that which you accepted. Yet, if you show ingratitude, ye and all on earth together, yet, Allah free of all wants, worthy of all praise. Surely I have said all that I have said with full knowledge that you intent to forsake me, and knowing the betrayal that your hearts sensed. But it is the state of soul, the effusion of fury, the dissemination of (what is) the chest and the presentation of the proof. Hence, Here it is! Bag it (leadership and) put it on the back of an ill she� camel, which has a thin hump with everlasting grace, marked with the wrath of Allah, and the blame of ever (which leads to) the Fire of (the wrath of Allah kindled (to a blaze), that which doth mount (right) to the hearts; For, Allah witnesses what you do, and soon will the unjust assailants know what vicissitudes their affairs will take! And I am the daughter of a warner (the Prophet) to you against a severe punishment. So, act and so will we, and wait, and we shall wait.'

(The end of Lady Fatima's speech.)

It appears from recorded historical events, that Lady Fatima (A) was successful at the beginning in persuading Abu Bakr to hand back Fadak to her; listen to part of a speech he (according to some historians) delivered after hearing Fatima's speech. He said:

"O daughter of the Messenger of Allah... Surely the Prophet is your father, not anyone else's, the brother of your husband, not any other man's; he surely preferred him over all his friends and (Ali) supported him in every important matter, no one loves you save the lucky and no one hates you save the wretched. You are the blessed progeny of Allah's Messenger, the chosen ones, our guides to goodness our path to Paradise, and you-the best of women-and the daughter of the best of prophets, truthful is your sayings, excelling in reason. You shall not be driven back from your right...But I surely heard your father

saying: `We the, group of prophets do not inherit, nor are we inherited Yet, this is my situation and property, it is yours (if you wish); it shall not be concealed from you, nor will it be stored away from you. You are the Mistress of your father's nation, and the blessed tree of your descendants. Your property shall not be usurped against your will nor can your name be defamed. Your judgment shall be executed in all that which I possess. This, do you think that I violate your father's (will)?"

Fatima (a.s) then refuted Abu Bakr's claim that the Prophet had stated that prophets cannot be inherited, and said:

"Glory be to Allah!! Surely Allah's Messenger did not abandon Allah's Book nor did he violate His commands. Rather, he followed its decrees and adhered to its chapters. So do you unite with treachery justifying your acts with fabrications? Indeed this-after his departure-is similar to the disasters which were plotted against him during his lifetime. But behold! This is Allah's Book, a just judge and a decisive speaker, saying:

`One that will (truly) inherit Me, and inherit the posterity of Yaqub,' (19:6)

and

'And Sulaiman inherited Dawood.' (27: 16)

Thus, He (Glory be to Him) made clear that which He made share of all heirs, decreed from the amounts of inheritance, allowed for males and females, and eradicated all doubts and ambiguities (pertaining to this issue which existed with the) bygones.

Nay!

But your minds have made up a tale (that may pass) with you, but (for me) patience is most fitting against that which ye assert; it is Allah (alone) whose help can be sought."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>
  Share Topic