IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Islamic Banks making halaal haraam  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Islamic Banks making halaal haraam

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yasmine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Islamic Banks making halaal haraam
    Posted: 04 September 2008 at 11:45am
Assalamu alaikum
I live in South Africa and my husband and myself have tried to get "halaal" finance from the islamic banks here.  They wont assist us.
The excuses are that the vehicle i was buying was not expensive enough, the model was a 2001 and too old, and all we have tried to do from the start is to take our finance through the islamic banking systems.  I was told that a 2001 model is high risk and yet the "haraam" banking system with interest has approved it - so once again i have been forced to use the western system of banking (ie interest related).
Why does our islamic infrastructure let us down .  I am not the first believe me and wonder how many others have tried this as well.
The best is i am a muslim convert and have always tried to find the "right" way to do things according to Islam.  The ironic thing is that the islamic system creates stumbling blocks that make it impossible to "do the right thing"

Edited by yasmine - 04 September 2008 at 11:49am
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2008 at 1:43pm

Asalam Alaikum

Yes you are right.. it is very difficult.  We are all "pulled" in these directions in different ways. And Muslim bankers are often no different... $$ are a powerful lure. 
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic