IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Quran & Sunnah
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - understanding Quran recitation during Taraweh  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

understanding Quran recitation during Taraweh

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thaniya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: understanding Quran recitation during Taraweh
    Posted: 03 September 2008 at 7:26pm
Asalam aleikum and saum maqbul,
Inshallah you are all well.
I have a brief quesiton about the Taraweh prayers. While the imam is reciting Quran, is it permissible to hold a small copy of a translation of the Quran while praying, in order to understand the meaning of what is being recited?
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2008 at 7:50pm

Wa'alaikum Salam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

JazakiAllahu khayr for such question. It was even in my thoughts earlier. Alhamdullilah, cud get it answered which is been shared here

It is sunnah to place hands over chest. If we hold Qur'an, we are cannot follow that sunnah. Also remember we are into Ramdha'an wherein we try our best to implement sunnahs in our life.

And sister, here is a ruling regarding it. Hope it may answer you contently

Shaykh  Muhammed bin Salih al-Uthaymeen � May Allaah have mercy upon him.

Question: What is the ruling of holding the Mushaf by those who are praying the Taraweeh prayer in Ramadaan with the proof that they are following the Imaam?

Answer:  Holding the Mushaf for this aim is opposing the Sunnah and that is from different angles:

1.  The person looses out on placing the right hand on the left while he is standing in prayer.

2. It leads to many movements for which there in no necessity from opening the Mushaf, closing it and placing it under the armpit, in a pocket, etc.

3. In reality it busies a person praying with his movements.

4. The praying person looses out by not looking at the place of Sajdah; majority of the scholar hold the opinion that looking at the place of Sajdah is the Sunnah and is better.

5.  The person holding the Mushaf could perhaps forget that he is in the prayer if his heart is not attentive. Contrary to this if he has khushoo in his prayer, placing his right hand on his left, with his head bowing down towards the place of his sajdah, then this would make him closer to being aware that he is praying and that he is behind the Imaam.
Finally, what i suggest it, go thru the commentary or the translation prior to the taraweeh {during any part of the day}. You must me told as how much part of the Qur'an is the imam going to recite daily. Go  thru  that part of translation and bear it in mind while offering taraweeh of that day. If possible go thru the translation again, after the taraweeh.

May Allah swt help us to get closer to Him this Ramdha'an.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
thaniya View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thaniya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2008 at 9:51pm
Jazakhallah kheir, I will keep that in mind Inshallah.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic