IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islamic INTRAfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Quran alone  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedQuran alone

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Starter
Starter
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2005 at 2:42pm

Its very refreshing to hear people like Noah, so far whatever I've read I couldn't agree with him anymore. 

i would just like to ask one thing from the people who defend the hadith, can you please explain who gave these so called narrators authority.  If the hadith was so important why is it that no one thought of compiling them until 200 years had passed after the Prophet's (pbuh) death.  Wouldn't he have instructed his companions to do so already.  Its actually very funny but there is a hadith in Bukhari's compilation that narrates the Prophet (pbuh) asking his companions not to write down his actions, because he feared coruption.  Now since I believe in the Quran alone I can't use this arguement, but I ask you people to actually think about it.  If you follow the hadith, what stops you from following this one. 

Let me clarify that some of the hadith may be right, but there is no sure way to verify that.  We just have to take some peoples word for it, who by the way were ordinary humans. And humans can err.  To get a better idea about the hadith, I think the Quran should be used to verify the authenticity of the hadith.  Do you realise that you're equating the Quran with the hadith, how does that make sense.  What don't you understand in the Quran that you have to look for a reference or an elaboration.  The Quran is not a book full of codes that have to be deciphered, as stated in the book itself its clear and complete.  However many arguements you might give about the so called "science" of hadith, none of those arguements prove anything without leaving questions. 

The Quran is the word of God (I think everybody agrees with that), the hadith is not.  What are you going to trust.

Sarkeranwar View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2005 at 3:05am

In the name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful

Peace and blessings of Allah be upon Prophet Muhammd, his family, his companions & those who follow the guidance  

Praise be to Allah

This post is to "Reason". 

There are three types of people who may reject the authentic Sunnah/Ahadith of our beloved Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him). These people are either:

1. Hypocrites   2. Disbelievers   3. Heretics

I am not going to analyse as to where you belong among the above three groups of people. I would just ask you a few questions in regard to your practising of Islam, Insha Allah. Here are the questions. Please answer them precisely if you can:

1. If you consider yourself a muslim, you must admit that you would need to perform Iq�mat-as-Sal�t 5 times daily. Now,

a. how do determine the "fixed time" of these salat?

b. how do you know how many unit you have to perform in each salat?

c. how do you know what to recite in each unit?

d. what do you say when you bow & prostrate?

e. whatever manner you follw in these prayers - who taught you such manner?

2. As a muslim, you must give Zak�t. How do you determine the percentage of Zak�t to be given?

3. How do you perform the rituals of Hajj?

4. We learn from the Holy Quran that Prophet Isa (peace be upon him) was a human being and was not killed in the cross and Allah raised him to Himself. We also know from the Holy Quran that every living being must die on earth and will be resurrected from there by Allah on the Day of Resurrection. So, in order to die on earth and be resurrected, Prophet Isa (peace be upon him) must decend on earth. 

We learn from the authentic Ahadith that  Prophet Isa (peace be upon him) will decend on earth near the end of the time ( after Dajjal and before the Gog and Magog people are let loose!). Now, considering the above rules of the Holy Quran in regard to death and resurrection! Would you then reject Ahadith about the decend of Prophet Isa (peace be upon him)? If you reject, how would you then reconcile Verses from the Holy Quran in regard to the raising of Prophet Isa to Allah Himself and his death & resurrection before the Final Day?

Insha Allah, I will show your ignorance and foolishness concerning the rejection of Sunnah/Ahadith after I read your response. 

I seek Allah's refuge from the accursed Shaytan and his followers from among the jinns and human.        

well View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2005 at 11:56am

Assalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullah

I like the discussion�..

The Ahadith would not exist if Allah {SWT} had not wished them to. If Allah {SWT} has blessed you, inaccurate Ahadith cannot corrupt you. So there is no reason to reject those tools, right perception will see you through.

P.S. I am interested in who people think is currently the most authentic scholar in Islam, and do they have a website that I can look over?

Like the cool artwork rami, I'm feeling it - hip & happening   

Noah View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 4:19pm
Quote This post is to "Reason". 

There are three types of people who may reject the authentic Sunnah/Ahadith of our beloved Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him). These people are either:

As this concerns me, i will answer itl, and hope that reason will take a go at it aswell. Could you point out where in the Quran it says that people who disbelief telltales nomatter whom they are ascribed to are heretics? just a single clear verse will do. :)

Quote I am not going to analyse as to where you belong among the above three groups of people. I would just ask you a few questions in regard to your practising of Islam, Insha Allah. Here are the questions. Please answer them precisely if you can:

InshaAllah

Quote 1. If you consider yourself a muslim, you must admit that you would need to perform Iq�mat-as-Sal�t 5 times daily. Now,

Here is an assumption. You assume that there are 5 daily prayers, based upon hadith. I do not accept hadith as relegious guidence, in the same way i dont accept the catholic encyclopedia, or saxo germanico as relegious guidence, but rather historicals writs with some truths to be found in them.
The QURAN only outlines 3 daily prayers. These can be found in
11:115, 17:79 ie.

Quote a. how do determine the "fixed time" of these salat?

By reading Quran. verses like 11:115

Quote b. how do you know how many unit you have to perform in each salat?

If there was any importance to this, it would be stated in The Quran. What however IS stated is how important salat is. Thus, by using our God given heads, we can figure out that we should do it at the prescribed times, the number of repetitions are unimportant.

Quote c. how do you know what to recite in each unit?

As The Quran outlines numerous reasons for salat, and situations where it is fitting. The uttering should be what is actually on your mind, and what ever help you need from our Rabb. The prayer should however end with the words "Praise be to God who has not taken a son, nor does He have a partner in sovereignty, nor does He have an ally out of weakness.� And glorify Him greatly." 17:110-111

Quote d. what do you say when you bow & prostrate?

when i prostrate at the beginning of prayer i say "i submit myself to the Lord or the worlds" like Abraham said it. And when i prostrate to finnish prayer, i utter "praise be to Allah who etc..."

Quote e. whatever manner you follw in these prayers - who taught you such manner?

Al'Quran. Thus God and his messenger taught me.

Quote 2. As a muslim, you must give Zak�t. How do you determine the percentage of Zak�t to be given?

I think you are confusing Zakaat & Sadaqa. As for sadaqa it is whatever we have in access. Or in other words ,we should freely give out from what we ourself do not need.

[al-Baqarah 2:219] They ask you about intoxicants and gambling: say, "In them there is a gross sin, and some benefits for the people. But their sinfulness far outweighs their benefit." They also ask you what to give to (sadaqa) charity : say, "The excess." The GOD thus clarifies the revelations for you, that you may reflect,

Quote 3. How do you perform the rituals of Hajj?

what rituals? where i Quran are there any mention of any such rituals? the purpose of hajj is clearly outlined in Quran. It is to gather ALL mankind, in peacefull debate, and to call Gods name over the livestock. So the question is rather WHY do you perform rituals at hajj?

Quote 4. We learn from the Holy Quran that Prophet Isa (peace be upon him) was a human being and was not killed in the cross and Allah raised him to Himself.

actually that is not what we learn at all. we learn that ISA was a teacher from his youth to he became  old of age, and that what happened at the cross what merely an illusion. You are mixing up Gods words, with bukharis. 

"And he speaks to the people from the cradle, and in old age, and is from among the upright."3:47

God said: "O Jesus son of Mary, recall My blessings upon you and your mother that I supported you with the Holy Spirit; you spoke to the people in the cradle and in old age......5:111

Quote We also know from the Holy Quran that every living being must die on earth and will be resurrected from there by Allah on the Day of Resurrection. So, in order to die on earth and be resurrected, Prophet Isa (peace be upon him) must decend on earth.

he died here (unless you will argue that he was taken after he was old of age), no worries. no confusion at all.

Quote We learn from the authentic Ahadith that  Prophet Isa (peace be upon him) will decend on earth near the end of the time ( after Dajjal and before the Gog and Magog people are let loose!).

Thats odd, because authentic AYAT says that Mohammad does not know the future, and yet other authentic ayat says very clearly that ISA was a teacher from his youth to his old age.

Quote Now, considering the above rules of the Holy Quran in regard to death and resurrection! Would you then reject Ahadith about the decend of Prophet Isa (peace be upon him)? If you reject, how would you then reconcile Verses from the Holy Quran in regard to the raising of Prophet Isa to Allah Himself and his death & resurrection before the Final Day?

there arent any confusion. But youre welcome to post ayat backing up your claim, and then we can take it from there.

Quote Insha Allah, I will show your ignorance and foolishness concerning the rejection of Sunnah/Ahadith after I read your response.

Feel free to, im always interrested in learning more

Peace
Noah

[/QUOTE]
Noah View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 4:21pm
Quote The Ahadith would not exist if Allah {SWT} had not wished them to.

neither would evil people, soddomisers, or peadophiles. That does not mean that it to me is a carte blanche to follow it, just beacuse it is.

Peace
Noah
open View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2005 at 11:07am

Maybe you are unable to string more than one sentence together? If you can you may realise that the following two sentences I included, cover your query with regards to that which is corrupt.

Sarkeranwar View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2005 at 4:19am

In the name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful

Peace and blessings of Allah be upon Prophet Muhammad, his family, his companions & those who follow the guidance 

This post is addressed to Noah 

Quote  There are three types of people who may reject the authentic Sunnah/Ahadith of our beloved Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him). These people are either:

Noah said: As this concerns me, i will answer itl, and hope that reason will take a go at it aswell. Could you point out where in the Quran it says that people who disbelief telltales nomatter whom they are ascribed to are heretics? just a single clear verse will do.

Your question is unclear to me. Please construct the question properly with words separated from each other where applicable.

Quote 1. If you consider yourself a muslim, you must admit that you would need to perform Iq�mat-as-Sal�t 5 times daily.

Noah said: Here is an assumption. You assume that there are 5 daily prayers, based upon hadith. I do not accept hadith as relegious guidence, in the same way i dont accept the catholic encyclopedia, or saxo germanico as relegious guidence, but rather historicals writs with some truths to be found in them. The QURAN only outlines 3 daily prayers. These can be found in 11:115, 17:79 ie. 

Your utterance of lies against Allah and His Book about the number of daily prayers does no way constitute that I am making any assumption here! Apart from the Sunnah of our beloved Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) the Holy Quran also tells us the number of times the muslims need to perform As-salat (Iqamat-as-Salat)! I will leave it for you to find it out from the Holy Quran.  

You have quoted Verses 11:115 & 17:79 to support your lies in regard to the number of daily obligatory prayers. Here are the interpreted meanings of those two Verses:

11:115. And be patient; verily, All�h loses not the reward of the good-doers.

17:79. And in some parts of the night (also) offer the Sal�t (prayer) with it (i.e. recite the Qur'an in the prayer), as an additional prayer (Tahajjud optional prayer Naw�fil) for you (O Muhammad SAW). It may be that your Lord will raise you to Maq�man Mahm�da (a station of praise and glory, i.e. the highest degree in Paradise!).

Where the above Verses tell you to pray 3 times daily?

Quote  a. how do you determine the "fixed time" of these salat?

Noah said: By reading Quran. verses like 11:115

Your quoted Verse 11:115 does not say anything about prayers and its fixed hours! Do not attempt to duck the question. Show proper references from the Holy Quran. Explain what is the limit of the fixed time for every salat!.

Quote  b. how do you know how many unit you have to perform in each salat?

Noah said: If there was any importance to this, it would be stated in The Quran. What however IS stated is how important salat is. Thus, by using our God given heads, we can figure out that we should do it at the prescribed times, the number of repetitions are unimportant.

Where did Allah tell you that if there was any important in regard to the number of units He would have stated it in the Holy Quran? Bring your evidence.

Where did Allah tell you to use your �God given head� to determine that the numbers of repetitions are unimportant? Where did Allah tell you to use your �God given head� to determine the manners of the prescribed prayers? Show the evidence from the Holy Quran.

Quote  c. how do you know what to recite in each unit?

Noah said: As The Quran outlines numerous reasons for salat, and situations where it is fitting. The uttering should be what is actually on your mind, and what ever help you need from our Rabb. The prayer should however end with the words "Praise be to God who has not taken a son, nor does He have a partner in sovereignty, nor does He have an ally out of weakness.� And glorify Him greatly." 17:110-111

Where does Allah tell you that �the uttering should be what is actually on your mind�?  Did He reveal to you a separate Book or did He give you Al-Hikmah? Do not lie against Allah and His religion!

Did not Allah inform us in the following Verse that He had perfected His Religion during the time of Prophet Muhammad (peace & blessings of Allah be upon him)? 

5:3. This day, I have perfected your religion for you, completed My Favour upon you, and have chosen for you Isl�m as your religion.

This statement of the Most Glorious means that everything that a muslim needs in regard to his living by Islam has been perfected during the time of Prophet Muhammd (peace & blessings of Allah be upon him). It does not mean that you can utter whatever trashes you have accumulated in your heart in regard to the practices of Islam!

Quote d. what do you say when you bow & prostrate?

Noah said: when i prostrate at the beginning of prayer i say "i submit myself to the Lord or the worlds" like Abraham said it. And when i prostrate to finnish prayer, i utter "praise be to Allah who etc..."

Where did Allah ask you to say as such in your bowing & prostration during salat prayer? Bring evidence if you are truthful!  

Quote e. whatever manner you follow in these prayers - who taught you such manner?

Noah said: Al'Quran. Thus God and his messenger taught me.

Where is in the Al-Quran Allah detailed the manner of the prescribed prayers? Bring evidence!

I see now you are referring to Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) as the one beside Allah who taught you the manner of prayers! Al-Quran does not tell you the detailed manner of prayers. Then how do you claim that   Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) also taught you the manner of prayer since you do not believe in Sunnah & Ahadith?

Quote 2. As a muslim, you must give Zak�t. How do you determine the percentage of Zak�t to be given?

Noah said: I think you are confusing Zakaat & Sadaqa. As for sadaqa it is whatever we have in access. Or in other words ,we should freely give out from what we ourself do not need.

[al-Baqarah 2:219] They ask you about intoxicants and gambling: say, "In them there is a gross sin, and some benefits for the people. But their sinfulness far outweighs their benefit." They also ask you what to give to (sadaqa) charity : say, "The excess." The GOD thus clarifies the revelations for you, that you may reflect,

You can think whatever nonsense you want to think! My question was very clear as I have only asked you about Zakat but not Sadaqa. Now, because you cannot answer straight you are resorting to confuse the issue!

Moreover, you are translating Verse 2:219 wrongly to suit your line of thinking! There is no mention of either Sadaqa or Zakat in that Verse. Here is the transliteration of Verse 2:219.

2:219. Yas-aloonaka AAani alkhamri waalmaysiri qul feehima ithmun kabeerun wamanafiAAu lilnnasi wa-ithmuhuma akbaru min nafAAihima wayas-aloonaka matha yunfiqoona quli alAAafwa kathalika yubayyinu Allahu lakumu al-ayati laAAallakum tatafakkaroona.

Here is one of the much used translations of Verse 2:219 (Hilali & Muhshin Khan). Meaning of Yusuf Ali, Pickthall & Shakir Translations  is the same as Hilali & Muhshin Khan.

2:219. They ask you (O Muhammad SAW) concerning alcoholic drink and gambling. Say: "In them is a great sin, and (some) benefit for men, but the sin of them is greater than their benefit." And they ask you what they ought to spend. Say: "That which is beyond your needs." Thus All�h makes clear to you His Laws in order that you may give thought."

How this Verse relate to Zakat or Sadaqa? By Allah's Mercy, I am familiar with your type of people who distort meaning of the Quran to justify their lies. Anyway, the �Zakat� that I asked you about has been mentioned in many Verses of the Holy Quran. Here are two of them:

2:277. Truly those who believe, and do deeds of righteousness, and perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat), and give Zakat, they will have their reward with their Lord. On them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.

5:55. Verily, your Wali (Protector or Helper) is Allah, His Messenger, and the believers, - those who perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat), and give Zakat, and they bow down (submit themselves with obedience to Allah in prayer).

Now, tell me how do you determine the amount of Zakat to be paid (keep in mind that Islam has been perfected).

Quote 3. How do you perform the rituals of Hajj?

Noah said: what rituals? where i Quran are there any mention of any such rituals? the purpose of hajj is clearly outlined in Quran. It is to gather ALL mankind, in peacefull debate, and to call Gods name over the livestock. So the question is rather WHY do you perform rituals at hajj?

What I meant by the rituals is the manner of performing the Hajj. I am not talking here about the purpose of Hajj. I am talking about how you perform Hajj. So do not mix up! Who taught you as to what to do during the Hajj? Surely, there are many rituals which have been described in the Holy Quran (find the Verses by yourself) and many rituals have not been detailed in the Holy Quran. For example, it is a command to do Tawaf during the Hajj. But Quran does not tell us how many times the Tawaf is necessary. Tell me how many times you will do the Tawaf.

Judging from your response, I find you are a much more ignorant individual then what I thought about you initially! Where in the Holy Quran Allah tells you that mankind to gather there in "peaceful debate"? Bring eveidence!

Your statement �So the question is rather WHY do you perform rituals at hajj� is a proof that you have no idea about what the Holy Quran says in regard to performing Hajj!

By the way, what do you understand by the word Manasik?    

Quote 4. We learn from the Holy Quran that Prophet Isa (peace be upon him) was a human being and was not killed in the cross and Allah raised him to Himself.

Noah said: actually that is not what we learn at all. we learn that ISA was a teacher from his youth to he became  old of age, and that what happened at the cross what merely an illusion. You are mixing up Gods words, with bukharis. 

"And he speaks to the people from the cradle, and in old age, and is from among the upright."3:47

God said: "O Jesus son of Mary, recall My blessings upon you and your mother that I supported you with the Holy Spirit; you spoke to the people in the cradle and in old age......5:111

First of all you have lied against Allah and His Book by saying that �actually that is not what we learn at all� & �you are mixing up Gods words with Bukharis�. The following Verses are adequate to refute your lies:

4:157. And because of their saying (in boast), "We killed Messiah 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), the Messenger of Allah," - but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but the resemblance of 'Iesa (Jesus) was put over another man (and they killed that man), and those who differ therein are full of doubts. They have no (certain) knowledge, they follow nothing but conjecture. For surely; they killed him not [i.e. 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary)]:

4:158. But All�h raised him ['Iesa (Jesus)] up (with his body and soul) unto Himself (and he is in the heavens). And All�h is Ever All­Powerful, All­Wise.

Secondly, you have not only quoted the references of the Verses wrongly (should be 3:46 & 5:110) but also you have resorted to lies in the translation of the Verses. Lets look at the correct meanings of Verses 3:46 & 5:110:

3:46. "He will speak to the people in the cradle and in manhood, and he will be one of the righteous."

5:110. (Remember) when All�h will say (on the Day of Resurrection). "O 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary)! Remember My Favour to you and to your mother when I supported you with R�h­ul­Qudus [Jibrael (Gabriel)] so that you spoke to the people in the cradle and in maturity;�

Now lets look at some words in Verse 3:110.  In your translation you have translated the words �biroohi alqudusi�  as the �Holy Spirit�!  What a liar!! Where on earth you found the meanings of these words as such? 

Quote We also know from the Holy Quran that every living being must die on earth and will be resurrected from there by Allah on the Day of Resurrection. So, in order to die on earth and be resurrected, Prophet Isa (peace be upon him) must descend on earth.

Noah said: he died here (unless you will argue that he was taken after he was old of age), no worries. no confusion at all.

You are again lying! Show evidence from the Holy Quran that Prophet Isa (peace be upon him) died here!

Quote We learn from the authentic Ahadith that  Prophet Isa (peace be upon him) will descend on earth near the end of the time ( after Dajjal and before the Gog and Magog people are let loose!).

Noah said: Thats odd, because authentic AYAT says that Mohammad does not know the future, and yet other authentic ayat says very clearly that ISA was a teacher from his youth to his old age.

Surely, it would be odd for the ignorant people like you! If you had the understanding of the Holy Quran you would have known that the Messengers whom Allah has chosen are given the information of the unseen as much as He likes! Allah says (interpretation of the meaning):

72:26. "(He Alone) the All-Knower of the Gha'ib (unseen), and He reveals to none His Gha'ib (unseen)."

72:27. Except to a Messenger (from mankind) whom He has chosen (He informs him of unseen as much as He likes), and then He makes a band of watching guards (angels) to march before him and behind him.

72:28. [He (All�h) protects them (the Messengers)], till He sees that they (the Messengers) have conveyed the Messages of their Lord (All�h). And He (All�h) surrounds all that which is with them, and He (All�h) keeps count of all things (i.e. He knows the exact number of everything).

Apart from the above Verses, we learn from the following Verse that Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) had the knowledge of unseen as much as Allah liked him to have it. Otherwise, the statement �he (Muhammad (Peace be upon him)) withholds not a knowledge of the unseen� will have no meaning. Allah says (interpretation of the meaning):    

81:24. And he (Muhammad (Peace be upon him)) withholds not a knowledge of the unseen.

Which Ayat says that Prophet Isa (peace be upon him) was a teacher from his youth to old age? Bring evidence if you are truthful!

Quote Now, considering the above rules of the Holy Quran in regard to death and resurrection! Would you then reject Ahadith about the decend of Prophet Isa (peace be upon him)? If you reject, how would you then reconcile Verses from the Holy Quran in regard to the raising of Prophet Isa to Allah Himself and his death & resurrection before the Final Day?

Noah said: there arent any confusion. But youre welcome to post ayat backing up your claim, and then we can take it from there.

Of course there are no confusions in Islam. It is only people like you who are confused! Well, you have my response above where I have quoted the relevant Verses!

Quote  Insha Allah, I will show your ignorance and foolishness concerning the rejection of Sunnah/Ahadith after I read your response.

Noah said: Feel free to, im always interrested in learning more

I have proven that you are a heretic who wrongly translates the Holy Quran. I have also proven your disbelief and hypocrisy. You disbelieved in Allah�s revelation in many of your statements as I have proved with appropriate Verses. Your hypocrisy has been exposed. You say you believe but in reality you do not believe!    

Listen Noah, I know you are a big liar and you have persisted in your lies against Allah�s revelation and religion as evident from this post and your other posts here. You should however note that Allah guides not the liars, hypocrites & disbelievers. So, if you fear Allah and His punishment then stop your great evil of spreading disbelief and lies. You should repent and beg Allah to forgive you.   

Allah konws best. May Allah guide us to His Straight Way.

Noah View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2005 at 10:51am

Quote Your question is unclear to me. Please construct the question properly with words separated from each other where applicable.

Quote Your utterance of lies against Allah and His Book about the number of daily prayers does no way constitute that I am making any assumption here! Apart from the Sunnah of our beloved Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) the Holy Quran also tells us the number of times the muslims need to perform As-salat (Iqamat-as-Salat)! I will leave it for you to find it out from the Holy Quran.

If you want to tell me that im wrong, show me that im wrong. Where does the Quran say how many times we have to pray according to you?

Quote You have quoted Verses 11:115 & 17:79 to support your lies in regard to the number of daily obligatory prayers. Here are the interpreted meanings of those two Verses:

yes it was an error on my behalf ,the verse is ofcourse 11:114 i just remembered the wrong number

Y.Ali And establish regular prayers at the two ends of the day and at the approaches of the night: For those things, that are good remove those that are evil: Be that the word of remembrance to those who remember (their Lord):
R.Khalifa You shall observe the Contact Prayers (Salat) at both ends of the day, and during the night. The righteous works wipe out the evil works. This is a reminder for those who would take heed.
Pickthal Establish worship at the two ends of the day and in some watches of the night. Lo! good deeds annul ill-deeds. This is reminder for the mindful.
Shakir And keep up prayer in the two parts of the day and in the first hours of the night; surely good deeds take away evil deeds this is a reminder to the mindful.
Literal And keep up the prayers to (the) ends/edges (of) the daytime (to) parts from the night from the night; that the goodnesses wipe off/eliminate the sins/crimes, that (is) a remembrance/reminder to the praising/glorifying .

there you go.

Quote 17:79. And in some parts of the night (also) offer the Sal�t (prayer) with it (i.e. recite the Qur'an in the prayer), as an additional prayer (Tahajjud optional prayer Naw�fil) for you (O Muhammad SAW). It may be that your Lord will raise you to Maq�man Mahm�da (a station of praise and glory, i.e. the highest degree in Paradise!).

I have no idea what the above is, but here's some takes without all the insertions.

Quote Y.Ali And pray in the small watches of the morning: (it would be) an additional prayer (or spiritual profit) for thee: soon will thy Lord raise thee to a Station of Praise and Glory!
R.Khalifa During the night, you shall meditate for extra credit, that your Lord may raise you to an honorable rank.
Pickthal And some part of the night awake for it, a largess for thee. It may be that thy Lord will raise thee to a praised estate.
Shakir And during a part of the night, pray Tahajjud beyond what is incumbent on you; maybe your Lord will raise you to a position of great glory.
Literal And from the night so wake up and pray with it, done above the call of duty for you, maybe/perhaps that (E) your Lord sends/resurrects you a praised/thanked position/residence .

here are some more translations http://www.studyquran.co.uk/

Quote Where the above Verses tell you to pray 3 times daily?

take a good look at them again.

Your quoted Verse 11:115 does not say anything about prayers and its fixed hours! Do not attempt to duck the question. Show proper references from the Holy Quran. Explain what is the limit of the fixed time for every salat!.

look up

Where did Allah tell you that if there was any important in regard to the number of units He would have stated it in the Holy Quran? Bring your evidence.

thats not how it works. YOU are the one who claim that the number of units are in fact important. Where in his book does God tell you that they are important. state your evidence.

Quote Where did Allah tell you to use your �God given head� to determine that the numbers of repetitions are unimportant? Where did Allah tell you to use your �God given head� to determine the manners of the prescribed prayers? Show the evidence from the Holy Quran.

actually Allah make itperfectly clear that we should use our common sense:

Quote Y.Ali Many are the Jinns and men we have made for Hell: They have hearts wherewith they understand not, eyes wherewith they see not, and ears wherewith they hear not. They are like cattle,- nay more misguided: for they are heedless (of warning).
R.Khalifa We have committed to Hell multitudes of jinns and humans. They have minds with which they do not understand, eyes with which they do not see, and ears with which they do not hear. They are like animals; no, they are far worse - they are totally unaware.
Pickthal Already have We urged unto hell many of the jinn and humankind, having hearts wherewith they understand not, and having eyes wherewith they see not, and having ears wherewith they hear not. These are as the cattle - nay, but they are worse! These are the neglectful.
Shakir And certainly We have created for hell many of the jinn and the men; they have hearts with which they do not understand, and they have eyes with which they do not see, and they have ears with which they do not hear; they are as cattle, nay, they are in worse errors; these are the heedless ones.
Literal And We had created/seeded to Hell many from the Jinns , and the human/mankind, for them (are) hearts/minds they do not understand/learn with it, and for them (are) eyes/sights they do not see/look/understand with it, and for them (are) ears they do not hear/listen with it, those are as the camels/livestock, but they are more misguided, those are the ignoring/neglecting .

Quote Y.Ali And pursue not that of which thou hast no knowledge; for every act of hearing, or of seeing or of (feeling in) the heart will be enquired into (on the Day of Reckoning).
R.Khalifa You shall not accept any information, unless you verify it for yourself. I have given you the hearing, the eyesight, and the brain, and you are responsible for using them.
Pickthal (O man), follow not that whereof thou hast no knowledge. Lo! the hearing and the sight and the heart - of each of these it will be asked.
Shakir And follow not that of which you have not the knowledge; surely the hearing and the sight and the heart, all of these, shall be questioned about that.
Literal And do not follow the tracks/accuse of evil deeds what knowledge is not for you with it (you have no knowledge of), that the hearing/listening, and the eye sight/knowledge, and the heart , all (of) those are/were about it questioned.

isnt it pretty obvious that we are to use our common sense, or face the consequences?

Quote Where does Allah tell you that �the uttering should be what is actually on your mind�?

where does Allah in his book tell you to parrot the first verse of his own work back to him?

Quote Did He reveal to you a separate Book or did He give you Al-Hikmah? Do not lie against Allah and His religion!

im not the one with a second book bro. I follow THE book, and no other books, like bukharis books, or muslims books, or maliks books. I follow none of those, so there is great irony in you saying this to me.

Quote Did not Allah inform us in the following Verse that He had perfected His Religion during the time of Prophet Muhammad (peace & blessings of Allah be upon him)?

5:3. This day, I have perfected your religion for you, completed My Favour upon you, and have chosen for you Isl�m as your religion.

This statement of the Most Glorious means that everything that a muslim needs in regard to his living by Islam has been perfected during the time of Prophet Muhammd (peace & blessings of Allah be upon him). It does not mean that you can utter whatever trashes you have accumulated in your heart in regard to the practices of Islam!

Where is it that im doing that by quotiNg from the Quran and living accordingly to what it said?  I will be happy to show you every single verse in the Quran that shows that Mohammad was only to deliver the Quran, and judge by it. Nothing else.

Quote Where did Allah ask you to say as such in your bowing & prostration during salat prayer? Bring evidence if you are truthful! 

"Rabbi inn salamtu nafsin, wa aslamtu ma'a Sulaimaana, lillaahi rabbiul aalameen" which means, "... Oh my Lord, indeed I have wronged my soul. I SUBMIT MYSELF ALONG WITH SOLOMON, TO GOD THE LORD OF THE WORLDS" Sura, 27:44.

Quote Where is in the Al-Quran Allah detailed the manner of the prescribed prayers? Bring evidence!

http://www.free-minds.org/articles/quranic/salat.htm

Quote I see now you are referring to Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) as the one beside Allah who taught you the manner of prayers!

indeed he deliveres the Quran alhamdulilah

Quote Al-Quran does not tell you the detailed manner of prayers.

then you should try and read it again :)

Quote Then how do you claim that   Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) also taught you the manner of prayer since you do not believe in Sunnah & Ahadith?

Because what he came with  was the Quran. what Bukhari, and muslim, and malik etc came with, was sunnah and hadith.

Quote You can think whatever nonsense you want to think! My question was very clear as I have only asked you about Zakat but not Sadaqa. Now, because you cannot answer straight you are resorting to confuse the issue!

Moreover, you are translating Verse 2:219 wrongly to suit your line of thinking! There is no mention of either Sadaqa or Zakat in that Verse. Here is the transliteration of Verse 2:219.

2:219. Yas-aloonaka AAani alkhamri waalmaysiri qul feehima ithmun kabeerun wamanafiAAu lilnnasi wa-ithmuhuma akbaru min nafAAihima wayas-aloonaka matha yunfiqoona quli alAAafwa kathalika yubayyinu Allahu lakumu al-ayati laAAallakum tatafakkaroona.

Here is one of the much used translations of Verse 2:219 (Hilali & Muhshin Khan). Meaning of Yusuf Ali, Pickthall & Shakir Translations  is the same as Hilali & Muhshin Khan.

2:219. They ask you (O Muhammad SAW) concerning alcoholic drink and gambling. Say: "In them is a great sin, and (some) benefit for men, but the sin of them is greater than their benefit." And they ask you what they ought to spend. Say: "That which is beyond your needs." Thus All�h makes clear to you His Laws in order that you may give thought."

How this Verse relate to Zakat or Sadaqa?

try and read your own translation, how obvious can it get when you look at the context of the whole surah.

Quote By Allah's Mercy, I am familiar with your type of people who distort meaning of the Quran to justify their lies. Anyway, the �Zakat� that I asked you about has been mentioned in many Verses of the Holy Quran. Here are two of them:

2:277. Truly those who believe, and do deeds of righteousness, and perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat), and give Zakat, they will have their reward with their Lord. On them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.

5:55. Verily, your Wali (Protector or Helper) is Allah, His Messenger, and the believers, - those who perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat), and give Zakat, and they bow down (submit themselves with obedience to Allah in prayer).

Now, tell me how do you determine the amount of Zakat to be paid (keep in mind that Islam has been perfected).

the question has been answered full length here

Quote What I meant by the rituals is the manner of performing the Hajj. I am not talking here about the purpose of Hajj.

If you do not understand the purpose of the hajj the rest of the question is pretty much invalid.

Quote I am talking about how you perform Hajj. So do not mix up! Who taught you as to what to do during the Hajj? Surely, there are many rituals which have been described in the Holy Quran (find the Verses by yourself)

no thats not how it works, you have a point to make, make it by showing evidence.

Quote Judging from your response, I find you are a much more ignorant individual then what I thought about you initially! Where in the Holy Quran Allah tells you that mankind to gather there in "peaceful debate"? Bring eveidence!

�So that they may witness benefits for themselves and recall God�s name in the appointed days over what He has provided for them of the animal livestock. So eat from it and feed the needy and the poor. Then let them complete their duties and fulfill their vows, and let them partake at the ancient sanctuary.� (Quran 22:28-29)

Here are the three reasons people would gather:

- To be made aware of the system established by God for the people.

- To witness benefits for themselves.

- To recall God�s name over the animal livestock.

The first objective of making �Pilgrimage� is to share with all mankind the system of laws and government and teachings that God has decreed to us through the Prophets

Your statement �So the question is rather WHY do you perform rituals at hajj� is a proof that you have no idea about what the Holy Quran says in regard to performing Hajj!

well why dont you show it to me then? :)

Quote By the way, what do you understand by the word Manasik?   

rites

Quote by saying that �actually that is not what we learn at all� & �you are mixing up Gods words with Bukharis�. The following Verses are adequate to refute your lies:

4:157. And because of their saying (in boast), "We killed Messiah 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), the Messenger of Allah," - but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but the resemblance of 'Iesa (Jesus) was put over another man (and they killed that man), and those who differ therein are full of doubts. They have no (certain) knowledge, they follow nothing but conjecture. For surely; they killed him not [i.e. 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary)]:

So , now we know for a fact that they didnt kill him. and that God made an illusion appear to them.

Quote 4:158. But All�h raised him ['Iesa (Jesus)] up (with his body and soul) unto Himself (and he is in the heavens). And All�h is Ever All�Powerful, All�Wis

This happens to everybody. where did this "(with his body and soul)" come from?

Quote Secondly, you have not only quoted the references of the Verses wrongly (should be 3:46 & 5:110) but also you have resorted to lies in the translation of the Verses. Lets look at the correct meanings of Verses 3:46 & 5:110:

3:46. "He will speak to the people in the cradle and in manhood, and he will be one of the righteous."

5:110. (Remember) when All�h will say (on the Day of Resurrection). "O 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary)! Remember My Favour to you and to your mother when I supported you with R�h�ul�Qudus [Jibrael (Gabriel)] so that you spoke to the people in the cradle and in maturity;�

Now lets look at some words in Verse 3:110.  In your translation you have translated the words �biroohi alqudusi�  as the �Holy Spirit�!  What a liar!! Where on earth you found the meanings of these words as such?

it has been answered here in detail

Quote You are again lying! Show evidence from the Holy Quran that Prophet Isa (peace be upon him) died here!

it has been answered here in detail

Quote Surely, it would be odd for the ignorant people like you! If you had the understanding of the Holy Quran you would have known that the Messengers whom Allah has chosen are given the information of the unseen as much as He likes! Allah says (interpretation of the meaning):

72:26. "(He Alone) the All-Knower of the Gha'ib (unseen), and He reveals to none His Gha'ib (unseen)."[

72:27. Except to a Messenger (from mankind) whom He has chosen (He informs him of unseen as much as He likes), and then He makes a band of watching guards (angels) to march before him and behind him.

72:28. [He (All�h) protects them (the Messengers)], till He sees that they (the Messengers) have conveyed the Messages of their Lord (All�h). And He (All�h) surrounds all that which is with them, and He (All�h) keeps count of all things (i.e. He knows the exact number of everything).

Apart from the above Verses, we learn from the following Verse that Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) had the knowledge of unseen as much as Allah liked him to have it. Otherwise, the statement �he (Muhammad (Peace be upon him)) withholds not a knowledge of the unseen� will have no meaning. Allah says (interpretation of the meaning):    

81:24. And he (Muhammad (Peace be upon him)) withholds not a knowledge of the unseen.

you are missing my point. but  it has been asnwered here allready

Quote Of course there are no confusions in Islam. It is only people like you who are confused! Well, you have my response above where I have quoted the relevant Verses!

but mostly you have told me to go look them up myself. thanks for the help borther. altso, look at my response

Quote have proven that you are a heretic who wrongly translates the Holy Quran.

no you have proven that YOU have an oppinion, wich is good, i respect that.

Quote I have also proven your disbelief and hypocrisy. You disbelieved in Allah�s revelation in many of your statements as I have proved with appropriate Verses.

Where is it that you have proven that?

Quote Your hypocrisy has been exposed. You say you believe but in reality you do not believe!    

Could you show where in the Quran yo uhave been given authority, to tell what is in my heart?

Quote Listen Noah, I know you are a big liar and you have persisted in your lies against Allah�s revelation and religion as evident from this post and your other posts here. You should however note that Allah guides not the liars, hypocrites & disbelievers. So, if you fear Allah and His punishment then stop your great evil of spreading disbelief and lies. You should repent and beg Allah to forgive you.  

yeah whatever

Quote Allah konws best. May Allah guide us to His Straight Way.

indeed
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic