IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Behind The Bible Fraud  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Behind The Bible Fraud

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2005 at 9:08am
Bro DavidC, I thought Paul's conversion or as what he says "revelation" on the way to damascus is quite famous and popular event among Christians. Nevertheless, kindly see Acts 9:1-22 and then onward, all his actions are purported to be under the influence of "Holy Spirit". Is this not a direct form of divine communication, that the NT is asking people to believe in?
DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2005 at 10:38am
Ok. Remember I am not a scholar but just a Christian trying to learn.

The communication between Jesus and Saul was indeed direct (as
described). However, the author of the book of Acts was merely retelling the
story. Was it Saul writing in third person or another author relating Saul's
testimony?

I have no idea.

Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.
AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2005 at 12:15pm
My Bro DavidC, questioning the authorship of NT books is indeed an interesting topic. Hope you shall observe it more closely and then decide on whom one may put his faith? Should we consider the authors of gospel of "Mathew", "Mark", "Luke" or "the fourth" to have written their records under the influence of "Holy Spirit", as many Christians so believe, to put our faith on these books? Or St. Paul's epistles are sufficient for this faith? 
DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2005 at 1:00pm
The simple answer is none of the above.

Most Christians are convinced in much the way the author of Acts
describes the conversion of Saul. We are suddenly in the grace of God,
and see how God extends beyond human logic.

I have seen Muslims here describe similar similar experiences. One may
be raised in an Islamic tradition, yet suddenly God descends and makes
the faith rooted solidly in the heart. Past belief, which was once believed
to be the pinnacle of experience, instantly pales in comparison to
revelation.

A farmer must prepare his fields, and our sacred texts tell us how to
prepare our souls, but the spark of life must come from above. What is it
that makes the seed sprout? I don't think there is a scientist alive that
can directly address this question.

The faith of Christians is not bound to books. Many Christians are as
illiterate as Muhummad. If something disagrees with scripture it is wrong
- but scripture does not circumscribe truth, which is known in it's entirety
only to God.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2005 at 1:47pm

Brother DavidC, I see your views much based on faith avoiding facts. This is often known as 'blind faith'. Closing the eyes from the facts may never remove the fact as fact is truth. Without the author, there is no difference between myth and fact. Even though fact has many other tests to pass, but the very first step is the authorship. But here I see my Christian brothers consider it worthless. If the books are not very important for them, then why so much hue and cry about their preservation, their canonization, their revision after revision, and their translation into different languages etc etc. All this without a purpose? I don't think so. In fact, they are the only root source of faith that one has in his life time. Of course only Prophets can claim to have divine revelation and hence become the source of material for these books and hence bear their authorship. But I see you claiming to have revelations for all most all the Christian people by faith. So do you intend to say that God is revealing to all individuals the same way as revealed to the Prophets? This would indeed be a big surprise for me.

Secondly, illiteracy doesn't imply illogical. It just mean one could get to traditional way of reading and/or writing a spoken language. Hence, even illiterate people are logical in their reasoning as without this human couldn't be differentiated from animals and the life would have been in choas. Isn't it?

Edited by AhmadJoyia
DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2005 at 2:46pm
Ahmad, I am limited here by the orientation of this forum and my own wish
to not disrupt anyone's faith in God or the Qu'ran. At some point, we all
must BELIEVE and not merely ADMIT to the truth of scripture.

No, we are not all prophets. When touched by the divine, most of us so
priviledged are crushed under the weight of humility and are unsuited to the
demands of prophethood.

AhmadJoyia, I feel I communicate better with you than most members here.
Your understanding has benefited me temendously. Can you bring up some
"compare and contrast" examples from the Qu'ran? Perhaps we can open up
this conversation to the other members.
Jazz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2005 at 3:49pm

Originally posted by mohamed mohamed wrote:

Here is an article by Robert Adams that examines how the Bible has been maliciously altered and  interpolated thru the centuries. In the process the original teachings of the truly great prophet was lost for ever.

http://rense.com/general66/hide.htm

Hi Mohamed,

It seems that any book can be altered.

Here is a link to an article which discusses Quran being altered.

http://bible.ca/islam/library/Goldsack/Readings/chap4.htm

Edited by Jazz

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2005 at 5:55pm

My dear bro DavidC, can you explain a little as what do you mean by

Originally posted by DavidC DavidC wrote:

............At some point, we all
must BELIEVE and not merely ADMIT to the truth of scripture.

Also, if not all, do you mean there are some among you who are prophets when you say "No, we are not all prophets."?

Quote ... Can you bring up some "compare and contrast" examples from the Qu'ran? Perhaps we can open up this conversation to the other members.
I really don't understand as what is needed to be compared and contrasted with? Do you mean what Quran tell us about Jesus as compared with what Bible says or what? Kindly be specific. Thanks.

Edited by AhmadJoyia
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
  Share Topic