IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Comments & Complaints
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Digging up old threads . . .  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Digging up old threads . . .

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Digging up old threads . . .
    Posted: 12 August 2008 at 6:43am

Assallamualaikum,

Just wanted to know what is the opinion/practise of ppl regarding digging up old threads on this board?

Sometimes I come across an interesting thread someone is browsing through (in the ActiveUsers)  . . . but then I realise its a really old one! :p 'Cz on some boards, members are asked not to post in the archives. . .

What do you all think? Should one start a new thread, or try and post in the older one to reduce double-threads? We get new users everyday, I think many threads could benefit from thier opinions. . .
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2008 at 7:36am
There is no archive on this board, old post are fine to dig up again and continue with as it does help reduce creating multiple threads on a topic. There is something in the guideline not to create multiple threads on a topic anyway.  All thread are active even though there has been no activity for a long time.
I have pulled old thread up, or what I like to stay "bump" Wink like my thread on about Jesus being God or not and other threads. There's a couple of more threads I will eventually bring back up.

There's certainly quite a few on the trinity and there really needs to be no more created on that topic, hehe, just continue on.

There is one thing to remember, with older threads is that the posters are probably not here anymore so it would be pointless asking questions to them Wink

The only archives & is read only is the old forum, there's a link on the top of the page in the right hand corner.
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2008 at 6:00am
Thanx Angel :)

Actually I was referring to the past pages as the archives heh heh. I didnt know we had an 'actual' archives! thanks for the tip.
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2008 at 6:48am
You're welcome Smile
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic