IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Islamic Personalties
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Your favourite personality  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Your favourite personality

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2011 at 7:16am
Monotone!  I'm surprised you consider his talks monotone.  He seems fairly animated in my estimation.  Cultural perceptions perhaps.
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2011 at 7:35am
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

Monotone!  I'm surprised you consider his talks monotone.  He seems fairly animated in my estimation.  Cultural perceptions perhaps.

A friend of mine said she thought he was a bit monotonous.. so I wanted to urge viewers to still give him a chance and listen if they initially found his talk monotonous or boring...

I personally find he speaks very passionately.

Edited by Chrysalis - 13 March 2011 at 7:35am
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2011 at 7:51am

Yeah, I agree.

Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2011 at 2:17am
I was fortunate to see Sheikh Deedat during his seminar on Rushdie! I think he gave us sense of mission on how to inform and talk back with friends and colleagues who were ignorant about the contents of Satanic Verses but wanted to engage in the discussion! Cuz the Khumaini's edict had just blown the stuff into stratosphere of western islamophobic propaganda and all that...He was a lighthouse for who were sailing in the ocean of darkness, May Allah bless his soul!

Edited by Sign*Reader - 16 March 2011 at 10:54pm
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2011 at 1:55am
I just re-perused an old biography on this greatest liberator of the Holy Land...that Muslims lost back to the same people he fought against so valiantly...
From wiki as follows:
According to the some sources, British Commander General Edmund Allenby during World War I, proudly declared "today the wars of the Crusaders are completed " by rising up his sword towards statue of Saladin after capture of Damascus from Turkish troops. This quotation is incorrectly attributed to Allenby, as throughout his life he vehemently protested against his conquest of Palestine in 1917 being called a "Crusade". In 1933 Allenby reiterated this stance by saying: "The importance of Jerusalem lay in its strategic importance, there was no religious impulse in this campaign".[100] As well British press celebrated his victory with cartoons of Richard the Lion-Hearted looking down at Jerusalem above the caption "At last my dream come true."[101][102] After French General Henri Gouraud entered the city in July 1920 and kicking Saladin's tomb, Gouraud exclaimed, "Awake Saladin, we have returned. My presence here consecrates the victory of the Cross over the Crescent."[103] 

I liked it a lot considering written in the days of Muslims' colonial bondage time frame by a non Muslim!  Once started reading had hard time stop'g!

What a great love he had for the Prophet(s) honor! Amazing dedication to the cause that he stood against the whole Christendom and won while so generous to the foe and friends alike! He was unique, one of a kind Mujahid!

May Allah bless him!
SALADIN PRINCE OF CHIVALRY
Read and comment...

Edited by Sign*Reader - 18 March 2011 at 11:32pm
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2011 at 8:39pm
Another favorite of mine Umar the great, a just Caliph and liberator of the holyland who is the solo Muslim listed on "the Hundred Most Influential...." beside of course the Prophet(p) being numero uno!

CALIPH UMAR'S ADDRESS AFTER JERUSALEM

After receiving the surrender of Jerusalem and completing the tour of Syria when Caliph Umar was returning to Madina he led the prayer at Jabiah. On this occasion he delivered an address which is preserved in history. The major part of his address was:

"O ye people I counsel you to read the Qur�an. Try to understand it and ponder over it. Imbibe the teachings of the Qur�an. Then practise what the Quran teaches. The Qur�an is not theoretical; it is a practical code of life. The Qur�an does not bring you the message of the Hereafter only; it is primarily intended to guide you in this life. Mold your life in accordance with the teachings of Islam for that is the way of your well being. By following any other way you will be inviting destruction.

"Fear Allah, and whatever you want seek from Him. All men are equal. Do not flatter those in authority. Do not seek favors from others. By such acts you demean yourself. And remember that you will get only that is ordained for you, and no one can give you anything against the will of God. Then why seek things from others over which they have no control? Only supplicate God for He alone is the sovereign.

"And speak the truth. Do not hesitate to say what you consider to be the truth. Say what you feel. Let your conscience be your guide. Let your intentions be good, for verily God is aware of your intentions. In your deeds your intentions count. Fear God, and fear no one else. Why fear others when you know that whatever sustenance ordained for you by God you will get under all circumstances? And again why fear when you know that death is ordained by God alone and will come only when He wills?

"Allah has for the time being made me your ruler. But I am one of you. No special privileges belong to ruler. I have some responsibilities to discharge, and in this I seek your cooperation. Government is a sacred trust, and it is my endeavor not to betray the trust in any way. For the fulfillment of the trust I have to be a watch-man. I have to be strict. I have to enforce discipline. I have to run the administration not on the basis of personal idiosyncracies; I have to run it in public interest and for promoting the public good. For this we have the guidance in the Book of God. Whatever orders I issue in the course of day to day administration have to conform to the Qur�an. God has favored us with Islam. He sent to us His Messenger (Muhammad, pbuh). He has chosen us for a mission. Let us fulfil that mission. That mission is the promotion of Islam. In Islam lies our safety; if we err we are doomed."

Edited by Sign*Reader - 17 March 2011 at 8:45pm
HamzaMusa View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HamzaMusa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2011 at 8:15pm
@Sign*Reader Umar al-Khattab (R.A.) is also one of my favorites!  Such a wise man and just ruler.

As for modern favorites, I have to agree with Chrysalis and pick Suhaib Webb, and I also like Shaykh Hamza Yusuf a lot.
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2011 at 2:27am
Originally posted by HamzaMusa HamzaMusa wrote:

@Sign*Reader Umar al-Khattab (R.A.) is also one of my favorites!  Such a wise man and just ruler.

Yup Brother Sign! You didn't read the rules!!! We are not allowed to mention the first 4 Caliphs and companions... Big%20smile

Quote As for modern favorites, I have to agree with Chrysalis and pick Suhaib Webb

Thumbs%20Up

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
  Share Topic