IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Islamic Personalties
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Your favourite personality  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Your favourite personality

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2010 at 9:40am
Originally posted by seekshidayath seekshidayath wrote:

As Salamu Alaikum

Ahmed Deedat is from India, sis Smile

His story is very intresting. You know of him ?

Wa'alaikum salaam Seeks.

Yes Sis, I know he is from India Smile. Us Pakistanis still feel brotherhood & love for the peaceful Indians (esp Muslims). Afterall, we had same ancestors at one point (Bangladeshis & Sri Lankans included Tongue). So thats what I meant when I said I was happy to find out he was from the sub-continent. Before that I used to think he was South-African. He even came for lectures in Pakistan you know! Back in the 80's I think.

Yes his story is very interesting, I found out about Deedat through Zakir Naik's lectures. However, I was very sad to hear (and see on you-tube) what pain Mr.Deedat was in before his death. May Allah grant him best level in Jannah and accept all his good deeds).

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Henry View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2010 at 5:54am
One of my favourite personalities is James Caan the famous Dragons Den business star. In the UK he is really well known and is a real ambassador for muslims in business. He is a big Star in the UK!

Edited by Henry - 11 November 2010 at 4:25am
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2010 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by Henry Henry wrote:

One of my favourite personalities is James Caan the famous Dragons Den business star. In the UK he is really well known and is a real ambassador for muslims in business.

Interesting choice! I'd never heard of him so did a quick wiki search. It is good to see Muslims (and Pakistanis) make a name in the UK business scene... I have heard quite a lot about that Dragon's Den show.. need to watch.

Although I'm not too impressed by the fact that his name evolved into "James Caan"...
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
John S View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2011 at 5:35pm
Sheikh Ahmed Deedat is my choice - if I make it to Paradise I'm going to look him up for a chat. 
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2011 at 7:43pm
I visited him in his hospital room in Riyadh (raa).
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2011 at 2:57am
Originally posted by John S John S wrote:

Sheikh Ahmed Deedat is my choice - if I make it to Paradise I'm going to look him up for a chat. 

InshAllah Bro! Every Muslim will be in Jannah eventually. Lets pray our flight is not via Jahannam.... thats the scary part Ouch. But we should hope for good from Allah! Because Allah does not disappoint His servants.

I also have a guest-list for my Jannah Tea Party. InshAllah you all are invited. Salahuddin Ayyubi is so on it!

Edited by Chrysalis - 12 March 2011 at 2:57am
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2011 at 3:00am
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

I visited him in his hospital room in Riyadh (raa).

mashAllah! May Allah reward you. I saw a video on his last days in the Hospital. It very sad and heart-wrenching... tear-jerking to say the least...
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2011 at 3:02am
My new favorite Islamic Personality at the moment is Suhaib Webb. He is so balanced and awesome! May Allah reward him.

I would suggest all brothers and sisters to look him up on you-tube. Don't get turned-off by the initial monotone, he is very passionate about what he says. He is one of those few blessed people who help you feel the beauty & sweetness of Islam.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
  Share Topic