IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Islamic Personalties
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Your favourite personality  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Your favourite personality

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2009 at 7:08pm
My favourite one is Sa�id bin Jubair
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2009 at 9:21am
Originally posted by maron maron wrote:

My favourite one is Sa�id bin Jubair

Welcome to the discussion! Do share some more Sis Maron. What is it about Sa'id bin Jubair that makes him your favourite personality? Smile
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
savant View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2009 at 9:57pm
nice thread Chrysail

My favourite is Hazrat Abu Bakar Siddique (Razi allah tallah unho), his sacrifice his friendship to prophet Muhammad (salla' llaahu'alaihi wa sallam) makes him my favourite. I always wish & wait for the dream when i will see Muhammad (salla' llaahu'alaihi wa sallam) along with Hazrat Abu Bakar Siddique (Razi allah tallah unho). what a dream it will be Smile.

Umar bin Abdal Aziz (Umari Saani) very humbling personality.
Never Give up
Hunter View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2009 at 12:32am
Assalamu alaikum  Malcome "X". I once read a biography about Malcome X as a teenager and was very struck by it-- I never forgot it. I know I've said my first real exposure to Islam was the planes hitting the towers and all the subsequent reading I've done after that event, but now that I think about it, it was actually that book. His vision, leadership ability, strength of character and in the end, a sufficient amount of humility to admit he had been wrong were what impressed me-- Hunter 
"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything"-- DrDre
Saladin View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saladin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2009 at 11:20pm
Another one of my favorites is  Berke Khan.
'Trust everyone but not the devil in them'
wisdomseeker View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wisdomseeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2010 at 2:30am
Assalamu alaikum,

When I saw the title of this post I thought there must be pages and pages of posts from all the members telling who their favorite is, I wonder why this thread died down...

My favorite is Ayesha(RA)(I really like her very much), Umar Faruq(RA), Umar bin abdul aziz, and Ahmed deedat.

I know i might look silly replying to a thread this old, but once I saw it, I just could not keep myself from answering.

May Allah help us be like those whom we like, and grant us companionship with them in the Jannah, inshallah.
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2010 at 5:04am
Originally posted by wisdomseeker wisdomseeker wrote:

Assalamu alaikum,

When I saw the title of this post I thought there must be pages and pages of posts from all the members telling who their favorite is, I wonder why this thread died down...

My favorite is Ayesha(RA)(I really like her very much), Umar Faruq(RA), Umar bin abdul aziz, and Ahmed deedat.

I know i might look silly replying to a thread this old, but once I saw it, I just could not keep myself from answering.

May Allah help us be like those whom we like, and grant us companionship with them in the Jannah, inshallah.

Wa'alaikum salaam Wisdom,

JazakAllah for bumping up this thread. (so no its not silly at all !!! , quite contrary in fact )

Hazrat Ayesha and Umar (r.a)  are my favorites too ! I enjoy reading about her so much !!! my female role model !!!

Do share more, about contemporary Muslims, because otherwise we are likely to have same answers like Hazrat Ayesha & Umar etc. Smile These are a definite favorite amongst us all.

As for Ahmed Deedat, lol I remember when I went through this I-wanna-be-a-professional Da'ee phase after coming across Ahmed Deedat ! And I was so floored when I discovered that he was a migrant from the Sub-Continent. Smile I used to think he was a South African.

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2010 at 7:53am
As Salamu Alaikum

Ahmed Deedat is from India, sis Smile

His story is very intresting. You know of him ?
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic