IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - HIJAB,COVERING FACE,HANDS  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HIJAB,COVERING FACE,HANDS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ameensn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HIJAB,COVERING FACE,HANDS
    Posted: 25 June 2005 at 4:58am

ASSALAM-ALAIKUM

SISTERS We often come across many ulemas books where their is an argument regarding wether to cover face and hands r not,some say we must some say its ok not abligatory.

the one who say must we should cover they r right.

lets look and i want to ask the one who says its ok not must.

i want to ask them one question what is the logic behind comming in front of the mahram and avoiding from ghair mahram.then why should a woman stay indoors behind pardah,if one can go without covering the face.it means that every one can see her so where the question of mahram and nonmahram.why pardah.

the basic concept of hijab is to protect females as well the males so that they should not come to know wether the female is his sister itself, wether she is old or young,fair r black,fat r thin,beautifull r average,

the face is the first thing thro which satan attacks the mind of a person when one can make out wether the female is beautifull r not then what is the logic behind hijab.it looks just a custom and it will not fulfill the purpose to me.

please feel free to argue on this topic wether we should cover our face r not

hkrespect View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hkrespect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2005 at 6:44am

are you arguin that face shud be covered too?

its a very strong and valid opinion.

but we must also remember that we respect other opinions of not coverin face and hands.

asthagfirullah -  here in the uk, i have seen sisters wearing hijab, so tight to there heads and the rest of clothing is tight to, tight tops and tight jeans with a tight hijab, defeats the objective of hijab.

althought 10-15 years ago, hijab was never heard of no many are wearing it, but for many it has become a fashion expression, bizzarley.

hk
aisha View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2005 at 7:28am
salaam sisters,i wear hijab and jubba,my opinion is that it depends wear your going,for example the local asda i think the veil is not needed, also i heard (but dont quote me)that you should reframe from wearing the niqarb in a place wear it could cause you harm, like i wore niqarb in the city i live and the kufir were really nasty to me i got called a terroist and people genuinly moved away from me i felt really bad.if i was to go to a market where there would be alot of muslim community then i would wear it again.i belive is your own opinion did not our prophet(swa)say that all that should be seen is this and this pointing to the face and hands.
aisha
chastebeauty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chastebeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2005 at 3:28am

Sorry to hear that Aisha, but inshaAllah your intention and reward is with Allah.

Your reason is the main reason why I cant wait to move out of where I school to a place like Philadelphia or London, I heard there are lots of muslim women wearing niqab. I really want to wear full hijab(habbaya), but mere covering my hair with long skirts and long sleeves makes me look like a ghost or weird in public ( I hear nasty comments and get unpleasant customer service).

I really beleive this is a dumb thinking since a nun with a scarf looks normal and is not stared at nor avoided, a well built guy, scary looking wearing an oversized hooded top where a gun can be hidden is not avoided but admired as fashion.

Subhanallah! most of the time i stay in doors, make orders by phone which is better for me. I really cant wait.

AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2005 at 11:43am
Originally posted by ameensn ameensn wrote:

ASSALAM-ALAIKUM

SISTERS We often come across many ulemas books where their is an argument regarding wether to cover face and hands r not,some say we must some say its ok not abligatory.

the one who say must we should cover they r right.

lets look and i want to ask the one who says its ok not must.

i want to ask them one question what is the logic behind comming in front of the mahram and avoiding from ghair mahram.then why should a woman stay indoors behind pardah,if one can go without covering the face.it means that every one can see her so where the question of mahram and nonmahram.why pardah.

the basic concept of hijab is to protect females as well the males so that they should not come to know wether the female is his sister itself, wether she is old or young,fair r black,fat r thin,beautifull r average,

the face is the first thing thro which satan attacks the mind of a person when one can make out wether the female is beautifull r not then what is the logic behind hijab.it looks just a custom and it will not fulfill the purpose to me.

please feel free to argue on this topic wether we should cover our face r not

My dear sis ameensn,

Your question is based upon social and cultural habits. It has little to do with what Quran and Sunnah tells us about hijab. Kindly read these two sources and then seek any other alternative opinions. Allah knows the best.

Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2005 at 11:59am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic