IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Stories - How I Became Muslim?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - She took Shahadah  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

She took Shahadah

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaharah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: She took Shahadah
    Posted: 19 July 2008 at 11:26pm
Salam,
If you ever wonder what's it's like, ask me and I can tell you.  I was born christian and studied the Gospel all my life.  I became a licensed minister to teach "The word of God" (so i thought).  but i always knew something just wasnt right.  I couldn't quite put a hand on it but i knew in my heart there were many unanswered questions that nobody being a leader could answer.  I met my husband online who was born and raised Muslim.  He never pushed me to his belief or questioned or judged my thinking.  I became very interested in the Quran because i always wanted knowledge no matter where i can get it.  The first surah i read was Iqra "recite in the name of your Lord".  My face filled with tears and my heart pounded.  for the first time i felt like i was being pulled by the Truth.  I took Shahadah on that day, which was 2 yr after my marriage. Alhamdu Lillah!  My family (parents) didnt understand or want to except it because here i was their big time daughter the minister who everyone sought for understanding. I was turned away by many.  I didnt mention things with them a lot.  They just knew i changed and hoildays were not the same anymore.  Any time i would mention my belief they would change the subject or the would say who is this man the prophet?  I even went as far a giving my father the Quran to read for himself.  He a deacon of that same chruch i mentioned.  I have been praying for 2 years that Allah would open their hearts to understanding. but nothing.  My mom had her 1st heartattach in may 07. I thought Allah is it time yet? (No) She had the 2nd April 08, is it time? (No)...  One day she was very ill and could hardly speak without loosing her breath.  My husband, daughter and son was with her at the time.  My husband said to me "Recite".  I began to say to her "Laila ha Illallah Muhammadan Rasulillah(S.a.w). I said it twice, she looked at me and said what are you saying, I told her that I was praying in arabic, which she has heard me say before, but would shun away.  She opened her mouth and spoke "Laila ha Illallah Muhammadan Rasulillah (S.a.w.) Twice.  By that time me my husdand and daughter was so full of tears and thanking Allah for his mercy. SHE TOOK SHAHADAH.  She passed away 1 month later on July 19th 08,  It just goes to show us Ummah that Allah is GREAT!   

Edited by Zaharah - 17 August 2009 at 7:35am
CHANGE- Let's change the way we eat, the way we live and the way we treat each other. You see the old way wasn't working, so it's on us to do what we gotta do to survive.

Tupac A. Shakur...
Salams_wife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salams_wife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2008 at 11:48pm
All praise be to Allah.  Thank you for sharing this story.  It really shows the power of God's will if we just believe in Him.
Zaharah View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaharah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2008 at 9:13am
Salam, Salams wife for taking time to read.  Belief is the key.  All praise is due to Allah! Whom we all will stand before on that great day.
"Z"
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2008 at 5:47pm
As'Salamu Alaikum,

Allahu Akbar !! Allah is Great !

May Allah swt increase your mother's rank in Jannah.

Your story is a inspiration for many of us. JazakiAllahu khayr for sharing.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2008 at 6:04pm
I was reading your input at an other thread. Your mother passed on two days  ago !  {Inna lillahi wa Inna ilayhi rajioon} . May Allah swt also bestow you and your family with patience too.

I have noticed one point  common in your posts that you are glorifying and praising Allah swt continuosly. You trust in Allah swt, very much and are with a strong faith { Allah knows the Best}, Subhan Allah !  May Allah swt bestow all of us such.

There is a verse which says, that even if we wish to count the favors of Allah swt , we cannot. One of  such favors of Allah swt is your mother, embracing Islam.

A friend of mine, is trying hard since years by conveying message to his parents, but they are n't blessed yet. They fear to leave the religion of there forefathers. He is presenting his best. May Allah swt, soon bless his parents with hidayah. Khayr---

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Zaharah View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaharah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2008 at 9:31pm

Salam,

Seekshidayath thank you so much for reading and encouragement.  Allah is Great! JazakiaAllahu khayr for reading.  You know we all seek patience, and the will of Allah.  Without Him we are NOTHING.  As for your friend, please continue to encourage him, tell him of what you read here in this forum.  Allah answers prayer.  Some times we want to give up and we become tired of repeating and pouring out our hearts, but we must not give up because Allah will never give up on us.  Alhamdu lillah .  I pray that they will be guided of Allah.  you know when you are found of Islam, you  have been found of a good thing...
"Z"Smile  
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2008 at 5:30am
Subhanallah ! 
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Zaharah View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaharah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2008 at 9:00am

chrysalis Allah is Great!

"Z"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic