IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Stories - How I Became Muslim?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - She took Shahadah  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

She took Shahadah

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaharah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2008 at 7:18pm
It has been a couple of weeks now since my mom's passing.  I miss her so much.  There are many things happening for the good since her death.  So many people continue to speak to me on her behalf.  At the furneral services many family members came.  My mother took Shahada in the presence of my husband, teenage daughter and myself.  My father and brothers don't know of this, because of their rejection of Islam and unbelief.  It was very hard for me to sit thru the services, I wanted to jump up and scream, she was a believer and she took Shahada.  It was all i could do to hold myself in control.  My husband was at my side, this being his first service at a "Christian
service ( speaking of the way they bury the dead).  I have seen many because of my back ground as once being christian and also Im a professional nurse.  I can say this one was HARD because she was my mother and she took shahada on her death bed.  I will tell my father one day when the time is right about his wife of 39 years becoming a believer Insha Allah.Heart
"Z"

Edited by Zaharah - 04 August 2008 at 7:19pm
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2008 at 9:30am
I think you acted the way you should have  . . . .nobody wishes to believe something they consider wrong about a loved one. So your Father/Brothers would not have believed you, and would have been hurt - felt betrayed. You also didnt have any proof, but urself and ur muslim family. . . so a muslim burial couldnt have been demanded. Allah is all Merciful and All Wise. It was considerate of you to take your family's feelings into account.

Inshallah, once they get over thier grief. . . you could tell them (if u think it apropriate)

To Allah we belong, and unto Him we shall return.
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Zaharah View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaharah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2008 at 1:35pm
Salam
Chrysalis you speak with wisdom and I thank you for your comment.  I have been praying for a little over 3 years that Allah will guide my whole family.  I am the only one on both my mother's side and father's side that is Muslim.  I have a VERY LARGE family, so my prayers daily include seeking that my families be guided.  So far it has only been my mother before her passing to take Shahada.   I will tell them one day, but like you said when the grief if over.
Allah is Great and ALL WISE!  I had almost given up but we (husband,daughter and myself) continued to pray for her and she caught it.  Allahu Akbar 
"Z"  
Zaharah View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaharah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2009 at 10:58am
Salams to ALL
It has been a while since I read from my own posting.  Now that I have come into the knowledge of what it feels like to loose your MOTHER and to continue to Thank my God in all that i do.  Time has gone by since her passing on July 19th 08.  It is now 7 plus months later.  Thank Allah for His mercy and the gift of forgetfullness that He gave us all.  If it was not for that gift of forgetfullness, we has human may loose our minds when we face such pain and grief of loosing a loved one.  In this event our lives have gone their seperate ways.  I have not yet to let my father and brothers know of my mother taking Shahada...
Allah knows best!
We make plans on day to day basis but Allah has plans of His own, and His plans are the best for us.
I am always mindful of doing what is pleasing to Allah.  Sometimes we as human fail, were human.  But we are not meant to stay in that which we fail.  We must get up, dust off the dirt and keep it moving.  And no matter what Thank Allah for that gift... ForgetfullNess
Zaharah 
Danty View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2009 at 7:38pm
As-salam-u-laikum Zaharah. Your story about you and your family was very touching to me. It was very beautiful, masha-Allah. May God give your mothers soul peace. Much happiness to you and your family.
Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said "Be kind, for whenever kindness becomes part of something, it beautifies it.Whenever it is taken from something, it leaves it tarnished." (IMAM BUKHARI)
ronaldo_along View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronaldo_along Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2009 at 11:35pm
This story tell us how fair Allah is. Allahhu akhbar....
Allahhu akhbar....

Zaharah View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaharah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2009 at 4:21pm
Waalaikum Salam Danty.
Thanks so much for your message.  It is also my prayer for my mom, she was a wonderful soul.  Thanks for the bliss you want for my family.  I pray that Allah raise your rank and bless you and your family with bliss. 
I really love what you post at the end of your message about what Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said
Kindness means everything, We must excercise that daily.
Zaharah 
Zaharah View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaharah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2009 at 4:26pm
Ronaldo along
You know your right!  Allahhu Akhbar!!!   Allahu Akhbar!!!
Allah is GREAT...
Allah is the most fair, of all.
At time's we don't deserve how fair He is to us, but as Creator of ALL, his mercy knows best.  My mom was against Islam for at least 5yrs.
I thank God that she took Shahada and pray it was excepted.  Masha-Allah,  Thanks so much for your encouragement on the word "Fair"
Zaharah

Edited by Zaharah - 19 March 2009 at 9:40am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic