IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - U.S. as a Vessel of God’s Goodness  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

U.S. as a Vessel of God�s Goodness

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
b95000 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b95000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: U.S. as a Vessel of God�s Goodness
    Posted: 10 October 2005 at 10:54am
Originally posted by Whisper Whisper wrote:

Great P R post! But we will see when the occupation ends and the Extra Additional Deputy Gaad's troops leave Eyerak - to the Eyerakis.

Of course you can't acknowledge any facts outside your bubble head mentality..how's the god or is it the ghost of Marx today, by the say W?

Thanks for the good post above Astrophysicist...

Edited by b95000
Bruce
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2005 at 2:30pm
Great P R post! But we will see when the occupation ends and the Extra Additional Deputy Gaad's troops leave Eyerak - to the Eyerakis.
Astrophysicist View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Astrophysicist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2005 at 9:16am

This information is a few months old, but it gives some idea of how U.S. policy is far more beneficial to Iraqis than were the quasi-colonialist policies of France, etc., ond those of their puppet and benefactor, Saddam and his murderous Ba'athist tyranny.

47 countries have re-established their embassies in Iraq.

The current Iraqi government employs 1.2 million Iraqi people.

3100 schools have been renovated, 364 schools are under rehabilitation, 263 schools are now under construction and 38 new schools have been built in Iraq.

Iraq's higher educational structure consists of 20 Universities, 46 Institutes or colleges and 4 research centers, all currently operating.

25 Iraq students departed for the United States in January 2005 for the re-established Fulbright program.

The Iraqi Navy is operational. They have 5- 100-foot patrol craft, 34 smaller vessels and a navel infantry regiment.

Iraq's Air Force consists of three operational squadrons, which includes 9 reconnaissance and 3 US C-130 transport aircraft (under Iraqi operational control) which operate day and night, and will soon add 16 UH-1 helicopters and 4 Bell Jet Rangers.

Iraq has a counter-terrorist unit and a Commando Battalion.

The Iraqi Police Service has over 55,000 fully trained and equipped police officers.

There are 5 Police Academies in Iraq that produce over 3500 new officers each 8 weeks.

There are more than 1100 building projects going on in Iraq. They include 364 schools, 67 public clinics, 15 hospitals, 83 railroad stations, 22 oil facilities, 93 water facilities and 69 electrical facilities.

96% of Iraqi children under the age of 5 have received the first 2 series of polio vaccinations.

43 million Iraqi children were enrolled in primary school by mid October.

There are 1,192,000 cell phone subscribers in Iraq and phone use has gone up 158%.

Iraq has an independent media that consist of 75 radio stations, 180 newspapers and 10 television stations.

The Baghdad Stock Exchange opened in June of 2004.

2 candidates in the Iraqi presidential election had a televised debate.

For yet another perspective, I offer these words, written by an American soldier. I do not share all his views, but agree with the general thrust:

This "Letter of Apology" was written by Lieutenant General Chuck  Pitman, US

Marine Corps, Retired:

"For good and ill, the Iraqi  prisoner abuse mess will remain an issue. On
the one hand, right thinking  Americans will abhor the stupidity of the
actions while on the other hand,  political glee will take control and fashion this
minor event into some modern  day massacre.

I humbly offer my opinion here:

I am sorry that the  last seven times we Americans took up arms and
sacrificed the blood of our  youth, it was in the defense of Muslims
(Bosnia, Kosovo, Gulf War 1, Kuwait,  etc.).

I am sorry that no such call for an apology upon the extremists  came after
9/11.

I am sorry that all of the murderers on 9/11 were  Islamic Arabs.

I am sorry that most Arabs and Muslims have to live in  squalor under savage

dictatorships.

I am sorry that their leaders  squander their wealth.

I am sorry that their governments breed hate for  the US in their religious
schools, mosques, and government-controlled  media.

I am sorry that Yassar Arafat was kicked out of every Arab country  and
high-jacked the Palestinian "cause."

I am sorry that no other Arab  country will take in or offer more than a
token amount of financial help to  those same Palestinians.

I am sorry that the USA has to step in and be  the biggest financial
supporter of poverty stricken Arabs while the insanely  wealthy Arabs blame
the USA for all their problems.

I am sorry that our  own left wing, our media, and our own brainwashed
masses do not understand any  of this (from the misleading vocal elements of our
society like radical  professors, CNN and the NY TIMES).

I am sorry the United Nations scammed  the poor people of Iraq out of the
"food for oil" money so they could get rich  while the common folk suffered.

I am sorry that some Arab governments pay  the families of homicide bombers
upon their death.

I am sorry that those  same bombers are brainwashed thinking they will
receive 72 virgins in  "paradise."

I am sorry that the homicide bombers think pregnant women,  babies,
children, the elderly and other noncombatant civilians are legitimate  targets.

I am sorry that our troops die to free more Arabs from the gang  rape rooms
and the filling of mass graves of dissidents of their own  making.

I am sorry that Muslim extremists have killed more Arabs than any  other
group.

I am sorry that foreign trained terrorists are trying to  seize control of
Iraq and return it to a terrorist state.

I am sorry every time  terrorists hide they find a convenient "Holy Site."

I am sorry they  didn't apologize for driving a jet into the World Trade
Center that collapsed  and severely damaged Saint Nicholas Greek Orthodox
Church - one of our Holy  Sites.

I am sorry they didn't apologize for flight 93 and 175, the USS  Cole, the
embassy bombings, the murders and beheadings of Nick Berg and Daniel  Pearl,
etc....etc!

I am sorry Michael Moore is American; he could feed a  medium sized village
in Africa.

America will get past this latest  absurdity. We will punish those
responsible because that is what we  do.

We hang out our dirty laundry for the entire world to see. We move  on.
That's one of the reasons we are hated so much. We don't hide this stuff
like all those Arab countries that are now demanding an apology.

Deep  down inside, when most Americans saw this reported in the news, we
were like -  so what? We lost hundreds and made fun of a few prisoners. Sure, it
was wrong,  sure, it dramatically hurts our cause, but until captured we
were trying to kill  these same prisoners. Now we're supposed to wring our hands
because a few were  humiliated?

Our compassion is tempered with the vivid memories of our own  people
killed, mutilated and burnt amongst a joyous crowd of celebrating  Fallujahans.

If you want an apology from this American, you're going to  have a long
wait!

You have a better chance of finding those seventy-two  virgins.

Chuck Pitman Lieutenant General, USMC (Ret)

b95000 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b95000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2005 at 10:35pm

Thanks a lot. I am glad to sample yet another of Anglo-American frauds with the global populace. Now I know why Nature won't grant you the security and peace you keep chasing - and why you have to keep such a huge killing machine.

So these paper regualtions satisfy your "great" concern for humanity? Good bye, Bruce, now I exactly know who you are.

What?  What are you talking about?  Do you even know?  You keep writing about the UN SCRs violated by Israel, but, as usual, with no details and no supporting documentation.  That's typical for you Sasha.  You are your own authority - and that seems to be that for you.  Horrible when you're trying to relate to other cultures like that - just AWFUL.  But you persist.  Imagining you are a legend in your own mind.

Iraq violated resolutions that are backed by the threat of force - Israel has not.  So, it's clear your qualm is with the UN and its charter and constitution.

However, the rule of law has importance in all cultures.  Precedence, history and tradition have importance in all cultures.

You should not contend with that basic point (but I'm sure you'll try!)
Bruce
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2005 at 12:39pm
Whisper, the US government does not need Iraq or OBL to produce billions of dollars. All they need do is PRINT IT!
Now they need all the aid they can get to handle one hurricane.
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2005 at 10:32pm

Thanks a lot. I am glad to sample yet another of Anglo-American frauds with the global populace. Now I know why Nature won't grant you the security and peace you keep chasing - and why you have to keep such a huge killing machine.

So these paper regualtions satisfy your "great" concern for humanity? Good bye, Bruce, now I exactly know who you are.

Edited by Whisper
b95000 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b95000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2005 at 5:35pm
Iraq, Israel and the United Nations

Double standards
Oct 10th 2002
From The Economist print edition

...a quite distinct sort of claim is also made in the �double standards� debate. This holds that Israel stands in breach of Security Council resolutions in just the way Iraq does, and therefore deserves to be treated by the UN with equal severity. Not so.

What the law says

The UN distinguishes between two sorts of Security Council resolution. Those passed under Chapter Six deal with the peaceful resolution of disputes and entitle the council to make non-binding recommendations. Those under Chapter Seven give the council broad powers to take action, including warlike action, to deal with �threats to the peace, breaches of the peace, or acts of aggression�. Such resolutions, binding on all UN members, were rare during the cold war. But they were used against Iraq after its invasion of Kuwait. None of the resolutions relating to the Israeli-Arab conflict comes under Chapter Seven. By imposing sanctions�including military ones�against Iraq but not against Israel, the UN is merely acting in accordance with its own rules.

The distinctiveness of Chapter Seven resolutions, and the fact that none has been passed in relation to Israel, is acknowledged by Palestinian diplomats. It is, indeed, one of their main complaints. A Palestine Liberation Organisation report, entitled �Double Standards� and published at the end of September, pointed out that, over the years, the UN has upheld the Palestinians' right to statehood, condemned Israel's settlements and called for Israel to withdraw. But �no enforcement action or any other action to implement UN resolutions and international law has been ordered by the Security Council.�

In the case of Iraq, the Security Council has instructed Mr Hussein to take various unilateral actions that he is perfectly capable of taking. Resolution 242 cannot be implemented unilaterally, even if Israel wanted to do so.

Edited by b95000
Bruce
b95000 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b95000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2005 at 5:26pm

Who says it's illegal Come on show us this war was legal. We all really need a laugh.

B: This is the difference between us Sasha.  This is not a game, nor a laughing matter for me.

Iraq violated 16 UN security council resolutions How about the 60 Israeli violation?

B: I've looked over the Security Council Resolutions about Israel since 1948.  There are a couple of hundred of them in 57 years.  So far it appears that they didn't 'violate' many of these and in fact many of them the US voted in favor of.  Show us a good list of the 'violated' SCRs.
==================

and was in current violation to the UN weapons inspections. Simple straight and at that just an exclusively American bull**it

B: This is exactly why the world was ready to oust Saddam.  Don't think it's poppycock, like you're trying to dream up, or unimportant to the world, as you said in another string...try again..

Bruce
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
  Share Topic