IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islamic INTRAfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - THE CREED OF THE SHI’AISM  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

THE CREED OF THE SHI�AISM

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hkrespect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2005 at 6:38am

who was quran revealed to?

did not Allah promise to preserve the quran?

would not Allah preserve the wisdom of the prophet pbuh upon whom the quran was revealed and upon whoms sunna we understand the quran?

hk
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2005 at 7:14am
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

assalamu alaikum

If you are refering to the shia beliefe that the Quran was not preserved, the majority of shia hold that it is preserved, a minority among them do not. Generalising like that is bigotry and unislamic behiviour.
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2005 at 8:16am

Quote My understanding of these issues is limited, and I appreciate the service that the administrators provide. I will read and respond to the link you provided. You have (previously) offered to provide links to Sunni sources. Do you know if the Four Mathhabs are online? Do you have a link to them?

some general information you may like to know,

Each madhhab Uses a differnet methadology (Usul al Fiqh) of extracting rulings from the Quran and sunnah. Our scholars have developed many methodologies for many different madhabs but only four spread and survived, meaning only the four we know today still have scholars alive who where taught the Usul, knowledge of the madhab by a scholar who learnt it from his shaykh who learnt it from his shaykh and so on back to the founding scholar of that madhhab. We have rulings of other madhhabs and there methodologies written in books but they can not be revived as no living link from these madhhabs exist and can garunty the correct understanding of these dead schools so any atempt is not accepted.

If you would like to know the fiqh or rulings themselves to different issues in these schools Sunipath.com is the best place for that on the internet they have rulings from the Hanafi and Shafii madhhabs although i will add some rulings in the shafii are minority opinions of the madhhab rather than the majority in many cases this simply means a Mujtahid scholar agreed with another madhhab in this particular ruling more so than with his madhhab.

The other two are harder to find information about but i do have some if this aspect is what you are interested in.

USUL AL FIQH AL ISLAMI Is about the methodology used by the madhhabs and how it developed and where it came from. it is general and does not discuss actual Usul Principles such as "do not interprate a verse in the Quran in a way that contradicts another verse in the Quran"

If this is not what you are asking about then let me know.

i fixed the link above.

Edited by rami
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
Ali Zaki View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ali Zaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2005 at 6:05am

Salam to hkrespect,

NOTICE TO ALL

Shia have the same Quran. I laugh when I hear some of my brothers and sisters saying that they have heard Shia have a different Quran. This issue has been discussed before on this forum, however, for those who are new...ONE QURAN, SAME QURAN FOR SUNNI AND SHIA.

REGARDING PRESERVATION OF THE PROPHETS SUNNA

The Holy Quran is the only preserved (from error) book. The (authentic) hadiths of the Prophet have been preserved, however, a major reason we have scholars is to differentiate between reliable and unreliable Hadith. If one has time to study the "science of Hadith", then one can do aspire to be able to make this determination themselves.

The reason that the science of hadith is important is because (as any Muslim quickly learns) there have been many hadith that have been fabricated, and others that have been transmitted with the opinion or interpretation of the transmitter inserted, thus invalidating them (unless a clear distinction is made between the prophets and the transmitters words).

The Quran is the ultimate "firquan" (criteria) for determination of the authenticity of a hadith, and any hadith that contradicts Quran is rejected by all Islamic scholars (Sunni and Shia).

"The structure of faith is supported by four pillars endurance, conviction, justice and jihad."

Imam Ali (a.s.)
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2005 at 7:03am

assalamu alaikum br

regarding the shia beliefe of the Quran not being preserved some shia do believe this as i have heard them trying to argue this point while i have also seen others believe as sunni's believe.

Quote The Quran is the ultimate "firquan" (criteria) for determination of the authenticity of a hadith, and any hadith that contradicts Quran is rejected by all Islamic scholars (Sunni and Shia).

That isnt exactly corect we do not reject a hadith simply becouse it contradicts the Quran, we investigate the reason behind this contradiction and see what the cause may be eg abrogation...a verse came down negating a specific sunnah.

Or simply the contradiction may be in interpretation, the posbilities are explored from all aspects basicaly.
hkrespect View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hkrespect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2005 at 7:36am

mr rami and mr ali

i think both of you misunderstood me, my bad.

the quran on its own tells us about reading salaah.

does it tell us how?

no!!!

my point being that Allah preserved the sunnah with the Quran.

i am not saying there are different qurans, i am saying that we have to understand the quran through the Prophet pbuh, not our desires.

hk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic