IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - France: Muslim too submissive for citizenship  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

France: Muslim too submissive for citizenship

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salams_wife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2008 at 5:37am

You can correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't black reserved for when you are mourning the loss of a loved one?  Doesn't it kind of take away from the meaning of black if you wear it all the time.  I've just been wondering this and hoping someone can enlighten me.

My husband told me I should only wear black for three days after a death, so that confused me when I saw how many women wear black all the time.
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2008 at 6:15am
Originally posted by Salams_wife Salams_wife wrote:

You can correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't black reserved for when you are mourning the loss of a loved one?  Doesn't it kind of take away from the meaning of black if you wear it all the time.  I've just been wondering this and hoping someone can enlighten me.

My husband told me I should only wear black for three days after a death, so that confused me when I saw how many women wear black all the time.

Nothing to do with Islam Sis. . .

There is no color-coding of events in Islam. Which is why you see muslim women wearing black etc and all other colors all the time. Muslims also do not consider any particular colors special or "islamic" . . .  and I am speaking strictly from an Islamic point of view.

What you have heard (from ur husband etc) has a lot to do with Culture and personal opinions. I have heard the same opinion from various muslims AND non-muslims. . . that black is a color of mourning. But its not. . . many ppl have the misconception that is should not be worn in daily life and should be reserved for sombre occasions. Hence there is no such thing in Islam that one has to 'wear black for 3 days after loss of loved one'. . . 

I personally try to do the oppositte of what tradition/taboo/culture states, so ppl dont interpret my actions as those commanded by Islam. . . Hence if I am going to a funeral, I will make a point of not wearing black - YET I will also dress-down for the occasion and not wear anything that suggests that I don't care for the individual. . .

Edited by Chrysalis - 21 July 2008 at 6:16am
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2008 at 8:08am

Naima Bouteldja, Press TV, Paris: Video

mms://217.218.67.244/presstv/20080725/OUTPUT_02-40-00-SNG-NAIMA-PARIS.wmv

Edited by abuayisha - 26 July 2008 at 8:12am
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2008 at 10:05am
LOL!!  Chrysalis I guess you have never heard of sun umbrellas!!

John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Shasta'sAunt View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2008 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

I have never seen a half dressed teen girl swishing down the street with a sun umbrella.  I did see an elderly man once, but he was wearing trouser and a button down shirt...
�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.�
Eleanor Roosevelt
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2008 at 12:06pm

The french are strange people. They are targetting the muslims as being submissive. I am non political but I do remember that when Hitler advanced into France, the French people requested him not to bombard the city of Paris. But to take over the city peacefully. Perhaps that was a sign of some bravery on the part of the French people.

They were sensible enough to make the right decision. When they had shortage of man power during the war, the French elders ordered the ladies to bring forth a child from any source, any source. That was another wise timely decision. They keep on making such decisions.

Edited by minuteman - 27 July 2008 at 12:08pm
imp87 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imp87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2008 at 7:49am
Originally posted by minuteman minuteman wrote:

The french are strange people. They are targetting the muslims as being submissive. I am non political but I do remember that when Hitler advanced into France, the French people requested him not to bombard the city of Paris. But to take over the city peacefully. Perhaps that was a sign of some bravery on the part of the French people.

They were sensible enough to make the right decision. When they had shortage of man power during the war, the French elders ordered the ladies to bring forth a child from any source, any source. That was another wise timely decision. They keep on making such decisions.

lol no wonder their women are going off with foreign guys, the �immigrants� lol.

And did they really do that :D that is just poor.

Oh once I read somewhere, something like, if you see soldiers with their hands up surrendering, it is the French army lol.

Anyway, off topic but I guess we can lighten things up a bit.

---

Check this site LOL

http://www.frenchmercenaries.com/history.html

---

Oh and this is hilarious

---

http://www.angelfire.com/ak2/intelligencerreport/french.html

French Army tanks have five gears: four in reverse, and one forwards - in case the enemy attacks from the rear.

Why did the French plant trees on both sides of the boulevards in Paris? SO the Germans could march in the shade!!

How many French does it take to defend Paris?
Nobody knows, its never been attempted.

For Sale: one French rifle, never fired, dropped once.

---

LOL

We are as pieces of chess engaged in victory and defeat, our victory and defeat is from thee.
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2008 at 10:44am
Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

Whats the point of going out and buying a 'sun umbrella' when I can keep my clothes on . . . and a sun umbrella gives u 'shade' . . . but does not protect u from UV rays. . . its easier to keep ones clothes on, rather than have an extra accessory to carry.

besides, muslim women already have the equivalent of ur sun umbies, there have had umbrella-shaped burqas for centuries. Smile

Edited by Chrysalis - 29 July 2008 at 10:44am
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic