IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introduction: Who am I?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Salaam  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Salaam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riyad99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Salaam
    Posted: 11 July 2008 at 6:26pm
Asalaamu alakum warahmadullahi wa brakatu (May the peace and blessings of Allah be upon you) to everyone on this forum! 
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2008 at 6:36am
Walaikum salaam Riyad99...

May you enjoy and stay a long time..

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
afeefa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afeefa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 9:16am
wa alikum assalm wa rahmatullah hiwabarakatuhu, riyad.
samaradeen View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samaradeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2008 at 11:49am
Assalamu Alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh?

I'm a new participant on this forum, I would like to discuss about our religion in order to get knowledge from you to become a good Muslim If Allah will. 

Edited by samaradeen - 16 July 2008 at 12:03pm
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2008 at 5:32pm
Asslamau alaikum, Please be upon you,

Welcome, hope you enjoy your stay. We are looking forward your post.
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2008 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by Riyad99 Riyad99 wrote:

Asalaamu alakum warahmadullahi wa brakatu (May the peace and blessings of Allah be upon you) to everyone on this forum! 

Wa'laikum Salam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

We wish you to  you enjoy your stay here at IC.
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2008 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by samaradeen samaradeen wrote:

Assalamu Alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh?

I'm a new participant on this forum, I would like to discuss about our religion in order to get knowledge from you to become a good Muslim If Allah will. 

As'Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

Welcome to discussions boards of IslamiCity Smile

We shall also learn from you. So be active at the other threads by sharing your knowledge with us.

Have a happy stay !

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
spiritualhorse View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiritualhorse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2008 at 9:03am
Hello sisters,

This is my first time on forum.  I am not a Muslim but I have read some interesting post today and a couple of days ago.  I was introduced to this website because of a class I am taking in college.  I know little about the Muslim religion and this website but find it very informative.  I would like to pose a question that has been asked probably numerous times but have not read since I've been link to this forum. 

I have some friends that have told me of the coverings for Muslim women.  What is the difference between the hijab and burka?  I understand the hijab is for the covering of the head area and the burka is full covering of the body, but which is worn by your culture?  One of my friends lived in Turkey for several years and stated that the burka is what is worn.  Please enlighten me on the difference and what culture wears what?

With Deepest Sincerity,
spiritualhorse
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic