IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Comments & Complaints
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Request for a new forum  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Request for a new forum

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZamanH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2005 at 11:12am

Quote I my self have sugested it to the CEO of this site but they refused the idea saying the west does a good job of that for themselves

Westerners, as usual, are great hypocrites.

An enemy of an enemy is a fickle friend.
There will be more women in hell than men.
..for persecution is worse than the slaughter of the enemy..(Quran 2:191)
Heaven lies under mother's feet
Lameese View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lameese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2005 at 11:21am

I think that goes for every Culture :)

There are a lot of Hypocrites in the world and all of them do not reside just in the West.

And I have been all over the world and some hate Westerners and some do not. It all evens out.

And blaming the west for all the problems in the world sounds like a case of not wanting to look at one's self.

Lameese

You Shall be together when the white wings of death scatter your days.
Let the winds of the heavens dance between you.
Love one another and let it be a moving sea between the the shores of your soul
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2005 at 9:07pm
Bi ismilahir rahmanir raheem

i was being sarcastic at your sarcasm i didnt mention anything to the CEO.

Only blind people think the west does nothing to make people dislike them.

i supose it is to much to ask for a mature atitude from people.

Edited by rami
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
Lameese View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lameese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2005 at 12:03am

Originally posted by rami rami wrote:

Bi ismilahir rahmanir raheem

i was being sarcastic at your sarcasm i didnt mention anything to the CEO.

Only blind people think the west does nothing to make people dislike them.

i supose it is to much to ask for a mature atitude from people.

I kind of figured you were being sarcastic so I am not sure why you would think you needed to mention something to the CEO.

And I am very sure the West knows people dislike them.

Mature attitude?

Lameese

You Shall be together when the white wings of death scatter your days.
Let the winds of the heavens dance between you.
Love one another and let it be a moving sea between the the shores of your soul
ZamanH View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZamanH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2005 at 8:37pm

There are a lot of Hypocrites in the world and all of them do not reside just in the West.

But the hypocrites of the WEst kill more.

And I have been all over the world and some hate Westerners and some do not. It all evens out.

That is half-truth and worse than a lie. Although everyone does not hate the Westerners, a very large number of people in the world hates them and their number is rapidly increasing. NO other group of people is hated as much as the Westerners. Very few Brazilians hate the Indians, very few Chinese hate the Muslims but a great proportion of all of them hate the WEst.

And blaming the west for all the problems in the world sounds like a case of not wanting to look at one's self.

I didn't say "all", I said most. Australians seem to have problem with ascribing to others what they didn't say.

An enemy of an enemy is a fickle friend.
There will be more women in hell than men.
..for persecution is worse than the slaughter of the enemy..(Quran 2:191)
Heaven lies under mother's feet
MOCKBA View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MOCKBA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2005 at 9:04pm

Bismillah

Many come here to express their concerns, their views, seek some opinions. If these many seem to have some disagreement with what the so-called West is doing, they are free to do so. There is no accusation directed at individual westerners... who often claim that through democracy they can bring about changes.

Things can always be made up to spin a "better tale" and to portray West as the victim now. For self-indulgence you can try logging on to CNN.com. 

Here we prefer to try understand reality by learning from experiences and thoughts of others... Being followers of Islam, which is universal, we try not to fragment people into western, east european, south-east asian or middle easteners. In fact, it is the West that has adopted this approach, distinguished itself as such and raised itself arrogantly above all. 

It is very normal to reap as one has sown, and woud be very strange if it were otherwise.  

MOCKBA
Colin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2005 at 12:50am
Originally posted by MOCKBA MOCKBA wrote:

Bismillah

Many come here to express their concerns, their views, seek some opinions. If these many seem to have some disagreement with what the so-called West is doing, they are free to do so. There is no accusation directed at individual westerners... who often claim that through democracy they can bring about changes.

Things can always be made up to spin a "better tale" and to portray West as the victim now. For self-indulgence you can try logging on to CNN.com. 

Here we prefer to try understand reality by learning from experiences and thoughts of others... Being followers of Islam, which is universal, we try not to fragment people into western, east european, south-east asian or middle easteners. In fact, it is the West that has adopted this approach, distinguished itself as such and raised itself arrogantly above all. 

It is very normal to reap as one has sown, and woud be very strange if it were otherwise.  

You might well try Mockba, but by inferring that the west is arrogant, aren't you being a touch arrogant yourself?

MOCKBA View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MOCKBA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2005 at 2:25am

Quote You might well try Mockba, but by inferring that the west is arrogant, aren't you being a touch arrogant yourself?

In this context, not at all. Though i would be interested to know whats your west. 

MOCKBA
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic