IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Comments & Complaints
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Request for a new forum  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Request for a new forum

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Request for a new forum
    Posted: 25 July 2005 at 8:17am

Bismillah,

Lameese, I agree with you.

Mockba, I agree with you that it is better not to use these definitions of the East and the West.

GWB is in the West and so am I.  Is he the West?  Am I?  This is inaccurate grouping terminology mixing him and me together! Let's fix this also.  (Along with never using Jihad or Islaam in terrorist organization's names.  We rename them Death Cultists as B suggested, or other things as others may suggest.)

Only rich people have been elected president for the longest time.  How are they relevant to me???  Bush and Kerry were just two rich guys without a care or a clue. 

The people at the poll didn't even know how to tell me to write in a candidate!  Fortunately, I figured it out.  This was not a democratic election because of this lack of education on the process and our rights and choices as voters.

West bashing?  I could East bash easily, but that wouldn't be accurate, because it's just some of the people in Jordan (maybe a lot of them) who I could write mean stuff about.  So there would have to be two new forums to be fair; and an active interest in such "discussion".

Edited by herjihad
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
ZamanH View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZamanH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2005 at 11:37am
Originally posted by Lameese Lameese wrote:

Your comprehension of a culture you do not know is just astounding. astounding!   You must live in the West and understand how they are and are a little like that yourself to know them so well.

Lameese

I thought our conversation is is over. Well, its not particularly about Westerners, its more about my views about human-beings, in general. I believe human-beings can act like angels, but usually, they act very selfishly (irrespective of acting morally or immorally).

An enemy of an enemy is a fickle friend.
There will be more women in hell than men.
..for persecution is worse than the slaughter of the enemy..(Quran 2:191)
Heaven lies under mother's feet
Lameese View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lameese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2005 at 12:10pm

Originally posted by ZamanH ZamanH wrote:

Even if its assume that the Westerners don't condone their governments for their unethical actions, it is highly unlikely that they will continue to do so for long, as, they depend for their prosperity on the dirty works of their governments.

Your comprehension of a culture you do not know is just astounding. astounding!   You must live in the West and understand how they are and are a little like that yourself to know them so well.

Lameese

You Shall be together when the white wings of death scatter your days.
Let the winds of the heavens dance between you.
Love one another and let it be a moving sea between the the shores of your soul
ZamanH View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZamanH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2005 at 10:41am
Even if its assume that the Westerners don't condone their governments for their unethical actions, it is highly unlikely that they will continue to do so for long, as, they depend for their prosperity on the dirty works of their governments.

Edited by ZamanH
An enemy of an enemy is a fickle friend.
There will be more women in hell than men.
..for persecution is worse than the slaughter of the enemy..(Quran 2:191)
Heaven lies under mother's feet
Colin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2005 at 8:11am
Originally posted by MOCKBA MOCKBA wrote:

Originally posted by Colin Colin wrote:

The people's choice has a habit of getting rid of bad leaders. It doesn't happen everytime, but because whoever's in power at any given time, knows they are answerable to the democratic process, they abuse their position of power at great risk. Where as a dictator simply throws the opposition in prison...or worse. Democracy is by no means perfect but the alternatives have even more serious flaws. I think it was Winston Churchill who said: "democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried"

"Abusing position of power" and "throwing opposition in prison" are just about the same things only worded differently.

Not necessarily, but if that's what you wish to believe.. so be it.

Lameese View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lameese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2005 at 4:55am

Originally posted by MOCKBA MOCKBA wrote:

you trap yourself in a full circle, don't you?

not really, but maybe in your mind I do :)

Lameese

You Shall be together when the white wings of death scatter your days.
Let the winds of the heavens dance between you.
Love one another and let it be a moving sea between the the shores of your soul
MOCKBA View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MOCKBA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2005 at 4:23am

Originally posted by Colin Colin wrote:

The people's choice has a habit of getting rid of bad leaders. It doesn't happen everytime, but because whoever's in power at any given time, knows they are answerable to the democratic process, they abuse their position of power at great risk. Where as a dictator simply throws the opposition in prison...or worse. Democracy is by no means perfect but the alternatives have even more serious flaws. I think it was Winston Churchill who said: "democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried"

"Abusing position of power" and "throwing opposition in prison" are just about the same things only worded differently.

MOCKBA
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2005 at 2:15am
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

Mr Collin you are corect i only moderate by the forum Guidlines, people are free to say whatever they like as long as the Guidlines are not broken. I think Dr Syed Alawi is a good example on the guidlines not being biased against non muslims.

or at least to what extent the guidlines can be pushed.

Sulayman i sugest you read the guidlines if you have not understood them then that is something i can not help you with.

Edited by rami
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic