IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hatred within the Abrahamic faiths  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHatred within the Abrahamic faiths

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 28>
Author
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2008 at 6:53am
You know that can not be the case because the BOOK that Mohammad talks about existed way before Mohammad came around.

Just a reminder to you my dear Believer, Muhammad was an illiterate man. Meaning he did not know how to read or write. All the knowledge that he got was directly from God via the Archangel Jibrail.

And in the Bible, Christianity was not even mentioned by God, and the Bible was also not mentioned. These names were given by the historians who wrote this book, not by God.
Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2008 at 12:52pm
Where does the Quran tell us that the Holy Scriptures hae been altered?

Are you saying that Allah failed to guard his Holy Word, the Gospel?!?

The word Bible means the BOOK!!

Just a reminder to you my dear Believer, Muhammad was an illiterate man. Meaning he did not know how to read or write. All the knowledge that he got was directly from God via the Archangel Jibrail.

We don't actually know for sure if Mohammad was illiterate how could he manage his business?  Why does Allah tell him to read?

LOL!!  OK Mohammad is iliterate!!  How do you know the scribes wrote down the correct things?  There is a hadith that talks about Mohammad was tricked!!

GOD's WORD was in the presence of the desciples in Christ.  Under GOD's authority Jesus spoke exactly what GOD wanted Jesus to say to the desciples that were literate and did write directly instead of going through a third person the scribes. 
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2008 at 8:36pm

Hi believer of Christianity, a religion which was not named in the Bible,

For once, I want to be lazy and use copy and paste method like what Robin loves to do.

Where does the Quran tell us that the Holy Scriptures hae been altered?

The Noble Qur'an (the Muslims' Holy Scripture) confirms this with the words:

Then woe to those who write the book (of Allah/God) with their own hands and then say: 'This is from Allah', to traffic with it for a miserable price. Woe to them for what their hands do write and for the gain they make thereby  (The Noble Quran, 2:79)"

Are you saying that Allah failed to guard his Holy Word, the Gospel?!?

Not at all my dear Believer. Read this from the same website.  

What were all of the Popes afraid of? What was the Vatican as a whole afraid of? Why was the concept of releasing the text of their most ancient copy of the Bible to the general public so terrifying to them? Why did they feel it necessary to bury the most ancient copies of the inspired word of God in a dark corner of the Vatican never to be seen by outside eyes? Why? What about all of the thousands upon thousands of other manuscripts which to this day remain buried in the darkest depths of the Vatican vaults never to be seen or studied by the general masses of Christendom?

The word Bible means the BOOK!!

Yes. My son�s Harry Potter novel is also called a BOOK.  

We don't actually know for sure if Mohammad was illiterate how could he manage his business? 

Perhaps you forgot that at that time there no computers and keyboards and calculators. Wink He managed his business very simply. With sincerity and honesty and intelligence. Three very important character that is hard to find in any businessman. And furthermore, all prophets were  equipped by God AlMighty with the characters of siddiq (honest) amanah (trustable) fathonah (intelligent) and tabligh (the gift  to convey/pass on/communicate).

Why does Allah tell him to read?

The first word that Allah sent to Muhammad was �Iqra!� which can mean read or recite. In this case as we know that he was illiterate, Jibril requested him to recite or follow what Jibril said. When Muhammad was commanded to read, he said, I do not know how to read.

LOL!!  OK Mohammad is iliterate!!  How do you know the scribes wrote down the correct things?  There is a hadith that talks about Mohammad was tricked!!

A Prophet of God was also equipped with a good memory. And Muhammad was always protected by God AlMighty from the weaknesses of normal human being like forgetfulness. Muhammad being tricked? � perhaps you should show us which hadith you meant.

Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2008 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

GOD's WORD was in the presence of the desciples in Christ.  Under GOD's authority Jesus spoke exactly what GOD wanted Jesus to say to the desciples that were literate and did write directly instead of going through a third person the scribes. 

Pardon me for my laziness this time.
There are 67 reasons why the Bible is not an inspired word of God.
I copy paste only 10 of them and the rest you should read yourself here - http://www.infidels.org/library/historical/robert_ingersoll/inspiration_of_bible.html

A FEW REASONS FOR DOUBTING THE INSPIRATION OF THE BIBLE.

THE Old Testament must have been written nearly two thousand years before the invention of Printing. There were but few copies, and these were in the keeping of those whose interest might have prompted interpolations, and whose ignorance might have led to mistakes.

Second. The written Hebrew was composed entirely of consonants, without any points or marks standing for vowels, so that anything like accuracy was impossible, Anyone can test this for himself by writing an English sentence, leaving out the vowels. It will take far more inspiration to read than to write a book with consonants alone.

Third. The books composing the Old Testament were not divided into chapters or verses, and no system of punctuation was known. Think of this a moment and you will see how difficult it must be to read such a book.

Fourth. There was not among the Jews any dictionary of their language, and for this reason the accurate meaning of words could not be preserved. Now the different meanings of words are preserved so that by knowing the age in which a writer lived we can ascertain with reasonable certainty his meaning.

Fifth. The Old Testament was printed for the first time in 1488. Until this date it existed only in manuscript, and was constantly exposed to erasures and additions.

Sixth. It is now admitted by the most learned in the Hebrew language that in our present English version of the Old Testament there are at least one hundred thousand errors. Of course the believers in inspiration assert that these errors are not sufficient in number to cast the least suspicious upon any passages upholding what are called the fundamentals."

Seventh. It is not certainly known who in fact wrote any of the books of the Old Testament. For instance, it is now generally conceded that Moses was not the author of the Pentateuch.

Eighth. Other books, not now in existence, are referred to in the Old Testament as of equal authority, such as the books of Jasher, Nathan, Ahijah, Iddo, Jehu, Sayings of the Seers.

Ninth. The Christians are not agreed among themselves as to what books are inspired. The Catholics claim as inspired the books of Maccabees, Tobit, Esdras, etc. Others doubt the inspiration of Esther, Ecclesiastes, and the Song of Solomon.

Tenth. In the book of Esther and the Song of Solomon the name of God is not mentioned, and no reference is made to any supreme being, nor to any religions duty. these omissions would seem sufficient to cast a little doubt upon these books.

minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2008 at 9:27pm

Nur Ilahi has given good response. We see that the number of books with protestants is not the same as it is with the catholics. The books of Catholics are more. That means some of them are considered apocrypha by the Protestants?? Yes or No??

The arguments of believer are not fair about Muhammad, that he was illiterate then how he carried out his business. It is laughable and seems to be catching at a straw. There are many persons who are not educated even now. But they are doing their daily work / busness.

I give two examples. For instance Muhammad used to herd Camels and goats. What education he needed for that? Also, about Joseph the carpentar, the father of Jesus, was he educated to do his carpentary?

Another excuse by believer: As Muhammad was not educated, he told the sribes to write down the revelation. Because he was not able to read or write then how did Muhammad know that the scribe wrote the right thing?

This is another weak argument, in fact no argument at all. Muhammad could ask the srcibe to read out exactly what he had written and he could check if it was written correctly. He could have it read by another educated person and check whether it was correct. There were many scribes with him

Also Quranic verses were being recited during prayer from the very first day. Every one could know what was correct. Nothing wrong could get into the Quran. Believer should please consider all these things.

Bible was never recited during any prayer. Jesus never told any scribe to write down anything. He had no scribes with him. He himself was the teacher, roaming around in the area. In the gospels, i.e. Jesus biography, we do not see anything to indicate that he told any one to write down anything about Injeel. So what can we do about it? Believe his biography?

Edited by minuteman - 11 July 2008 at 9:32pm
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2008 at 9:34pm
The resulting comments made by Believer and some that followed after are prime examples of the hatred I was referring to. Believer, the links I was referring to were also the very links I said were not helpful. This thread is about getting to the root on why there is deep seeded hatred, not post links. Believer in the past, I've seen you plagerise your sources so please, since you have shown the inability to write your own work please do not respond here if you have nothing constructive to say. The comment I made regarding whether or not Jesus had a book was theoretical, meaning, that is not to say I believe he didn't or did have abook. Of course I believe there was a doctrine, but I also believe since Jesus was a Rabbi, he continued the oral traditions of the Torah as well (in addition to having the injeel).

I believe what minuteman wrote regarding Surah 2:62 is essential. We all know majority of the planet believes in some sort of higher power-this is evident in the many faiths that are on our planet.

Nur_Ilahi you said:

The sufferings of the Jews were more fictitious than true.

So I guess the gase chambers and death camps suddenly appeared out of nowhere? I guess the gypsies, Africans, African-Americans, and gays along with Jews at these death camps were fictious themselves? Your comment in the above green is ignorance manifest. Should I seriously refute thqat comment you made? Or were you just pissed off when you wrote it? Because it's a ridiculous statement to make.

For example the holocaust. It was a plan of the Zionist to export Jews into Palestine their long-awaited dream. Anyway, from what I understand the top wealthy people in USA were Jews. For these wealthy people, I doubt they understand the meaning of sufferings.

Can you please provide references instead of anecdotal sayings? You sound like an extremist with an conspiracy theorist mentality. There were no-jews who suffered at these camps. Hitler in his book Mein Kampf hated Jews. It is recorded that in his own words were the Jews were during his rule and it was in his own words what he did to them. If you don't believe the evidence provided by Jews and secular historians read the protagonist writings of Hitler for God's sake!

Actually, in real life, I have never met a Jew before.  I only read about them, whether it be in the Quran, in history, from their scriptures or in the internet. From these sources I can easily deduce that, the Jews were mostly arrogant due to their belief that they were the chosen people of God.

This is juvenile logic! I'm even ashamed to even try to correct you because its obvious you are lost in your own arrogance to even fathom that an entire people is arrogant. For you who have never met a Jew to make such a statement is beyond me! You read books, watch news, read Qur'an (misinterpret its teachings) and can deduce that pitiful logic? So in your same logic Nur_Ilahi someone who has never met a Muslim but only know of Muslims through television and reading the Qur'an and encountering Indians in corner stores can deduce Muslims as a turban-wearing, Allahu Akbar screaming, suicide bombing, religiously fanatical people? Wow.

Of course there are exceptions where there are honest Jews who basically believe in the equality of men instead of considering goyims as animals.

I have studied Moses Maimonides work for years during my time getting my masters in Philosophy. I'd like to know from your infinite knowledge on Jews where Jews get this idea of "Chosen One." I want to see Rabbinical teachings and scholarly work not some online website. Anyone can write anything on a freggin website but the challenge for you is to find facts in what you say. find scholarly works in Judaism where this is evident. I want Rabbi names, scholarly journals to look at etc.

INDEED PERFECTION BELONGS TO GOD. But I believe that it is not impossible for an AlMighty God to create a perfect human being as an example for human kind. Do you?

Ok. If such is possible then isn't it possible for God to divide himself into multiple deities?

abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2008 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by Israfil Israfil wrote:

Ok. If such is possible then isn't it possible for God to divide himself into multiple deities? 

The proper belief in Allah is to believe in how Allah has described himself in His Book (Qur'an) and on the tongue of His Messenger (pbuh), thus it is not upon us speculate concerning whether or not Allah is able to "divide himself into multiple deities" wana'oothu billaahi.
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2008 at 7:17am
What you should be asking is -Are the minimum number of Books used by the Protestants the same used by Catholic-YES.

You know how crazy Muslims get when a cartoon of Mohammad is made!?  Mohammad is just a prophet.  You cut down our GOD and His Holy WORD! Muslims say GOD is incapable of protecting His HOLY WORD!

You don't even realize how disrespectful and extremely hateful your comments are to us.  WHY is it disrespectful and extremely hateful?  You are talking about the HOLY BIBLE, GOD's WORD.  Your comments on Jesus, GOD's WORD made flesh are even more disturbing.  Can you understand that?

"thread is about getting to the root on why there is deep seeded hatred, not post links. Believer in the past, I've seen you plagerise your sources so please, ..."

You say I plagerise - please point out the cases.   

LOL!!  Now you are making accusations.  I consider that a very hateful statement.  I have always linked to a site that I copy and paste from, if I forgot then I apologize, but call me on it at the moment and I will add the link.

Sorry if Christians agree and have the same thoughts on a subject LOL!!  Even with all the differeant denominations together we make up the One True Church.

Will Muslims ever understand that even though our hearts are crying when Muslims speak of Jesus and the Biible is such an evil way, we follow Jesus in turning the other check.  We can not riot we must try and teach you what we believe and how you must treat Jesus and our Holy Scripture.
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 28>
  Share Topic