IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Prophets - Jesus
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - DoMuslims honor Jesus' wishes?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DoMuslims honor Jesus' wishes?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DoMuslims honor Jesus' wishes?
    Posted: 04 July 2008 at 7:02am
Matthew 26

26While they were eating, Jesus took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to his disciples, saying, "Take and eat; this is my body."

27Then he took the cup, gave thanks and offered it to them, saying, "Drink from it, all of you. 28This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins. 29I tell you, I will not drink of this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it anew with you in my Father's kingdom."

30When they had sung a hymn, they went out to the Mount of Olives.

Mark 14

22While they were eating, Jesus took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to his disciples, saying, "Take it; this is my body."

23Then he took the cup, gave thanks and offered it to them, and they all drank from it.

24"This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many," he said to them. 25"I tell you the truth, I will not drink again of the fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it anew in the kingdom of God."

Luke 22

14When the hour came, Jesus and his apostles reclined at the table. 15And he said to them, "I have eagerly desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer. 16For I tell you, I will not eat it again until it finds fulfillment in the kingdom of God."

17After taking the cup, he gave thanks and said, "Take this and divide it among you. 18For I tell you I will not drink again of the fruit of the vine until the kingdom of God comes."

19And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, "This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me."

20In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you.

John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
robin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2008 at 7:30am
Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

Matthew 26

26While they were eating, Jesus took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to his disciples, saying, "Take and eat; this is my body."

27Then he took the cup, gave thanks and offered it to them, saying, "Drink from it, all of you. 28This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins. 29I tell you, I will not drink of this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it anew with you in my Father's kingdom."

Mark 14

22While they were eating, Jesus took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to his disciples, saying, "Take it; this is my body."

23Then he took the cup, gave thanks and offered it to them, and they all drank from it.

24"This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many," he said to them. 25"I tell you the truth, I will not drink again of the fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it anew in the kingdom of God."

Luke 22

14When the hour came, Jesus and his apostles reclined at the table. 15And he said to them, "I have eagerly desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer. 16For I tell you, I will not eat it again until it finds fulfillment in the kingdom of God."

17After taking the cup, he gave thanks and said, "Take this and divide it among you. 18For I tell you I will not drink again of the fruit of the vine until the kingdom of God comes."

19And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, "This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me."

20In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you.

They disobey the one that call thier Prophet and thus disoby Allah!

So in a word, NO!

Edited by robin - 05 July 2008 at 7:32am
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2008 at 12:19am
 robin, please correct the one sentence English of your last post. Make it understandable, what you want to say. What are you trying to accuse the muslim for? And how come?
mariyah View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariyah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2008 at 11:01am
Originally posted by robin robin wrote:

Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

Matthew 26

Mark 14

Luke 22

They disobey the one that call thier Prophet and thus disoby Allah!

So in a word, NO!

No Actually we do honor our prophets, much more so that those of you that wish to emphasize blood and gore and guts.
Prophet Jesus, PBUH, is not believed by Muslims to have been murdered on a stake or cross.
We honor the words and teachings of Jesus by not acknowedging the human corrupted versions of most Christian's scriptures. If you had the original aramaic version, we would be more appreciative. When you use the versions of the books written by the greek corrupted Paul, you are not even using a valid source in our estimations.
So Robin, if all scripture is inspired of God and is beneficial for teaching, reproving and setting things straight, then the Qu'ran is even more beneficial as it IS the Word of God, Allah, Jehovah,  Yahweh or however anyone may translate the Name of Almighty God, the Compassionate and Merciful. It is unadulterated in the Arabic form.
Robin, so far in your postings you have not shown that you believe God, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Ishmael to be compassionate and a caring God. You mirror the reflection of the Romans when they translated your scriptures: blood, guts, gore, torture and death. I must be bloody in order to attain Paradise? Ithink not.
One of the pillars of Islam is Charity. Did not Jesus teach that Faith without works are dead?  We can attain a higher Jannah if we are diligent in sharing of our excesses with our hungry fellow man. the Quran states in a translation:
Al Baqara....2:110 And be steadfast in prayer and regular in charity: And whatever good ye send forth for your souls before you, ye shall find it with Allah. for Allah sees Well all that ye do.

2:177 It is not righteousness that ye turn your faces Towards east or West; but it is righteousness- to believe in Allah and the Last Day, and the Angels, and the Book, and the Messengers; to spend of your substance, out of love for Him, for your kin, for orphans, for the needy, for the wayfarer, for those who ask, and for the ransom of slaves; to be steadfast in prayer, and practice regular charity; to fulfil the contracts which ye have made; and to be firm and patient, in pain (or suffering) and adversity, and throughout all periods of panic. Such are the people of truth, the Allah.fearing. - English

This does not state to provide charity to only those who share the same faith or family, it states all.  The only passage I could find in the bible searching with the work charity:

Passage Matthew 6:2:
2 When you give to someone in need, don�t do as the hypocrites do�blowing trumpets in the synagogues and streets to call attention to their acts of charity! I tell you the truth, they have received all the reward they will ever get.

Sure, there are many in the Paulist scriptures, but when I used this keyword in your bible this is the only gospel or torah scripture that came up. Are we missing something?

"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.
robin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2008 at 10:10am
Originally posted by minuteman minuteman wrote:

robin, please correct the one sentence English of your last post. Make it understandable, what you want to say. What are you trying to accuse the muslim for? And how come?

Read what Jesus said his obedient followers would do, and ask, do I do that, that will be your answer!  I will show who are followers of God.

robin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2008 at 10:29am

Jehovah�s Witnesses are motivated by the kind of love that fulfills the Law given through the prophet Moses.   Such love never does injury to anyone and is more than mere "charity," according to the 20th-century sense of that term.   In the Bible, the Hebrew and Greek words for "love" signify far more than mere "charity."�See 1 Corinthians, chapter 13, King James Version; Catholic Douay Version.

Jesus said:-

Matthew 5:44-47
However, I say to YOU: Continue to love YOUR enemies and to pray for those persecuting YOU; 45 that YOU may prove yourselves sons of YOUR Father who is in the heavens, since he makes his sun rise upon wicked people and good and makes it rain upon righteous people and unrighteous. 46 For if YOU love those loving YOU, what reward do YOU have? Are not also the tax collectors doing the same thing? 47 And if YOU greet YOUR brothers only, what extraordinary thing are YOU doing? Are not also the people of the nations doing the same thing?

The Quran says:-

Sura (Chapter) 9:29

�Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Apostle, nor acknowledge the Religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book*, until they pay the Jizya** with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.�

*Christians

**The Head Tax levied on non Muslims living in an Islamic country.

PARADISE FOR SOLIDERS!

The Holy Qur'an by Abdullah Yusuf Ali p.1315 says at:-

Surah (Chapter) 47:4
"4   Therefore, when ye meet* the Unbelievers (in fight),
smite at their necks; at length, when ye have thoroughly subdued them, bind a bond firmly (on them): Thereafter (is the time for) either generosity or ransom: Until the war lays down its burdens. Thus (are ye commanded): But if it had been Allah's Will, He could certainly have exacted retribution from them (Himself);
but (He lets you fight) in order to test you, some with others. But those who are slain in the way of Allah,-He will never let their deeds be lost.

6   And admit them to The Garden** which He Has announced for them."

*Footnote No. 4820 on page 1315:-
"When once the fight (Jihad) is entered upon, carry it out with utmost vigour, and strike home your blows at the most vital points (smite at their necks) both literally and figuratively. You cannot wage war with kid gloves."

**Footnote No. 4826 on page 1316:-
"The Garden which He has announced for them: the state of Bliss which is declared in Revelation to be destined for those who serve Allah,"
Surah 4:101 Section 15. When ye travel through the earth, there is no blame on you if ye shorten your prayers, for fear the Unbelievers may attack you:
For the Unbelievers are unto you open enemies.

Some Waring Religious Groups:-

HAMAS - Islamic Resistance Movement.

HAZBOLLAH - Party of God.
JAISH-E-MOHAMMED -
Army of Mohammed

Which follows the words of the prophet Jesus?

Try the following;-
1 Peter 2:17
Honor [men] of all sorts, . . 

Matthew 7:12
"All things, therefore, that YOU want men to do to YOU, YOU also must likewise do to them; this, in fact, is what the Law and the Prophets mean.

Luke 6:31
"Also, just as YOU want men to do to YOU, do the same way to them.

Romans 13:10
Love does not work evil to one�s neighbor; therefore love is the law�s fulfillment.

Galatians 5:14
For the entire Law stands fulfilled in one saying, namely: "You must love your neighbor as yourself."

1 Timothy 1:5
Really the objective of this mandate is love out of a clean heart and out of a good conscience and out of faith without hypocrisy.

Matthew 5:9
"Happy are the peaceable, since they will be called �sons of God.�

Romans 12:18
If possible, as far as it depends upon YOU, be peaceable with all men.

Hebrews 12:14
Pursue peace with all people, and the sanctification without which no man will see the Lord

James 3:18
Moreover, the fruit of righteousness has its seed sown under peaceful conditions for those who are making peace.

1 Thessalonians 5:13
Be peaceable with one another.

James 3:17-18
But the wisdom from above is first of all chaste, then peaceable, reasonable, ready to obey, full of mercy and good fruits, not making partial distinctions, not hypocritical. 18 Moreover, the fruit of righteousness has its seed sown under peaceful conditions for those who are making peace.

I see on this site that Muslims are very quick to condem the Bible, BUT they do not KNOW VERY MUCH ABOUT IT!

Edited by robin - 07 July 2008 at 10:35am
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2008 at 8:43pm

Robin, the verse 9:28 was for those pagans who were defeated when Makkah was liberated. Yet they were not killed. There was a general amnesty and they were given 4 months to convert or leave the city. Four months is lot of time. About 7 years before that, the pagans of Makkah had planned to kill the prophet during his sleep. He had to flee for his life. The pagans did not let the prophet rest in Madinah too.

Every year they used to attack Madinah (the capital city of the muslims). Why? Those people were war mongers and already condemned to death due to their bad activity. Those were the enemies of Islam. Islam does not always teach to love the enemy. It decides to love or punish the enemy according to his mental state.

If excusing him and loving him would help him then Islam allows to be kind to him. If such a love would spoil him all the more then Islam teaches to punish that rascal. Your religion is un-natural, non-practical. The teaching of Jesus was good and valid in the situation under Roman rule and under the bad practices of the Jewish people. Jesus was facing opposition on all sides. So he gave correct orders and advice. But that is not for all times and situations. No one would like to let the rascals go scott free and roam around killing people while the people offer the other cheek. Please admit that theory is not applicable at all times.

The verse you have mentioned is the correct thing. Also read the verse 9:27 before the verse 9:28.

Now about the other verses that you posted. They are not about simple disbelievers. Those verses are about the hostile enemy type disbelievers called kafirs. Don't think they are peaceful disbelievers. They are kafirs and it is allowed to fight the kafirs. No harm. he is enemy and fights the Muslims. The Muslims are told to fight and kill them.

Edited by minuteman - 07 July 2008 at 8:48pm
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2008 at 9:08pm

Robin, you have presented the verse 47:4 of Surah Muhammad  as follows:

Surah (Chapter) 47:4
"4   Therefore, when ye meet* the Unbelievers (in fight),
smite at their necks; at length, when ye have thoroughly subdued them, bind a bond firmly (on them): Thereafter (is the time for) either generosity or ransom: Until the war lays down its burdens. Thus (are ye commanded): But if it had been Allah's Will, He could certainly have exacted retribution from them (Himself);
but (He lets you fight) in order to test you, some with others. But those who are slain in the way of Allah,-He will never let their deeds be lost.

6   And admit them to The Garden** which He Has announced for them."

Please note  that these are verses of Surah Muhammad (47). Note in verse 3 and 4, there is the word Kafir. That is an open enemy of the faith. He is not a simple peaceful disbeliever. I have coloed red the word disbeliever in your post. Please read the verse as follows:

"4   Therefore, when ye meet  the hostile war monger type disbelievers (in fight), smite at their necks; at length, when ye have thoroughly subdued them, bind a bond firmly (on them): Thereafter (is the time for) either generosity or ransom: Until the war lays down its burdens. Thus (are ye commanded):
 It shows that there is another party who is fighting. In such condition, it was  told to the Muslims to fight like hell. To kill some of them (not all)  and to bind them (those remaining alive) and keep them bound untill the war ends.
After that it was allowed to release those catured after getting some ransom or to release them without any ransom. All that is found in the verse itself.

It further proves that there was no pressure to convert them to Islam. Even if they did not convert, they could be released without getting any ransom. Please see the words of the verse above.

The word Kafir is used twice in that verse. Kafir is an open (manifest) declared enemy. No doubt about his enmity.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic