IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Prophets - Jesus
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - DoMuslims honor Jesus' wishes?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DoMuslims honor Jesus' wishes?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
iec786 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iec786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DoMuslims honor Jesus' wishes?
    Posted: 19 March 2012 at 12:16pm
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,

So who is lying here.you say the only son now compare this.

SONS OF GOD : The Bible ascribes sons by the tons to
God.
(a) "Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which
was the son of Adam, which was the SON OF GOD." LUKE 3:38
(b) "That the SONS OF GOD saw the daughters of men that they
were fair; and they took wives of all which they chose.
   ". . . when the SONS OF GOD came in unto the daughters of
men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty
men which were of old, men of renown." GENESIS 6:2 and 4
(c) ". . . Thus saith the Lord, Israel is MY SON even my
FIRSTBORN." EXODUS 4:22
(d) ". . . and Ephraim is my FIRSTBORN." JEREMIAH 31:9
(e) ". . . Thou (O David) ART MY SON; this day have I (God)
BEGOTTEN thee." PSALMS 2:

Edited by iec786 - 19 March 2012 at 12:18pm
Empiricist View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Empiricist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2012 at 10:20am
Sorry for the long post but I think it is a good example of the body vs spirit.  Nicodemus does not get the idea.  Nor do many others.  Maybe they do not want to understand.  

Regarding the birth of Jesus, God evidently modified the genes of an egg of Mary, causing it to grow into a baby.  I see nothing wrong with this concept. 

Later Jesus was baptized by John and the holy spirit descended down into Jesus and God spoke.  Seems to me this is a clear message that God was involved, and prophecy fulfilled.  This was an example of what happens to people when baptized.  Jesus is meant to be an example of perfection.  God did this for us, yet many rejected Jesus and killed him.  Of course God knew this would happen.  But it is the final sacrifice.  It is symbolic of Jesus dying for all of us.  God could have just killed everyone but God is loving and this is part of our spiritual growth.

John 3

Jesus Teaches Nicodemus
 1 Now there was a Pharisee, a man named Nicodemus who was a member of the Jewish ruling council. 2 He came to Jesus at night and said, �Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the signs you are doing if God were not with him.�

3 Jesus replied, �Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.a]'>[a]

4 �How can someone be born when they are old?� Nicodemus asked. �Surely they cannot enter a second time into their mother�s womb to be born!�

5 Jesus answered, �Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. 6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spiritb]'>[b] gives birth to spirit. 7 You should not be surprised at my saying, �Youc]'>[c] must be born again.� 8 The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.�d]'>[d]

9 �How can this be?� Nicodemus asked.

10 �You are Israel�s teacher,� said Jesus, �and do you not understand these things? 11 Very truly I tell you, we speak of what we know, and we testify to what we have seen, but still you people do not accept our testimony. 12 I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things? 13 No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven�the Son of Man.e]'>[e] 14 Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up,f]'>[f] 15 that everyone who believes may have eternal life in him.�g]'>[g]

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God�s one and only Son. 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.

Edited by Empiricist - 18 March 2012 at 10:22am
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2009 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

absolutely not- we are not sure that he is a prophet from the One True GOD.

Why follow a sinful man when you can have Jesus in your heart?

Dear friend, One true God does not beget sons or daughters, nor God has father nor mother. For that, He is God, the Creators of All, not Created Himself. Nor does God appears takes form of His Creatures, like a man, monkey, elephant or so on.

A serious question arises: Jews rejected Jesus as the messiah, called him names, and according to the Bible, crucified him. Yet, according to the same book the "salvation is of the Jews."
Something does not make sense on this in the Bible.

Jesus, like Mohammed (pbut) was sent for no other purpose than to bring people back to the worship of One God. Thus Muslims of his times (those who followed him, in worship of One God) and of this times do what is rightfully expected of us: to worship none other, but our maker, God Almighty. And as Muslim that is exactly what we do, thus we not only honor wishes of Adam and all the prophets through Mohammed (pbut) but thus we fulfill our purpose as humans. And one day expect to be in their company in heaven as a Mercy and reward from God.

Hasan

Edited by honeto - 06 December 2009 at 9:39pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2009 at 10:31am
absolutely not- we are not sure that he is a prophet from the One True GOD.

Why follow a sinful man when you can have Jesus in your heart?
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Mansoor_ali View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mansoor_ali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2009 at 3:56pm

Do Muslims honor Jesus' wishes?

Any my question is:Do Christians honor Muhammad' wishes?

honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2009 at 4:08pm

Nazarene - In Islam Mohammad is between me and GOD.  I can not be a muslim/submitter according to Muslims without following Mohammad.  In Islam Mohammad, hadith, tsafir are between you and GOD.

In an Islamic country I would not be able to pray or worship to GOD.  LOL!  No visiting Mecca because I choose to follow the most unique messanger in the Quran, the one with the clear signs!

honeto- you dis-honor jesus by not understanding that the Messiah was the deliverer of mankind.

And I thought being on this forum will benefit you my friend through learning, I don't see that really taking place!
In Islam, there is none between a person and God Almighty. You are lying when you said what you said above.
Prophet Mohammed (pbuh) is only helping us correct our direction of worship to our Creator alone, like a teacher.

Unlike your understanding, that a mortal (Jesus), a servant of God will be between you and God as an intercessor, or that his blood will pay for the sins of all, in Islam we don't have any such belief.

I as a Muslim cannot deny that Jesus was sent by God, and delivered salvation for mankind who followed him in truth just as there were many of God's messengers sent to mankind for different eras.
So you are wrong again, in blaming me that I don't honor Jesus. I feel you dishonor God, when you say, that someone other than God, in this case Jesus, is God.
Hasan

The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Nazarene View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nazarene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2009 at 6:50pm

salaam

Nazarene - In Islam Mohammad is between me and GOD.  I can not be a muslim/submitter according to Muslims without following Mohammad.  In Islam Mohammad, hadith, tsafir are between you and GOD.

your lost my friend. after all the time you spent in this forum and you believe this , oh well,gods the finisher of all arguements.

In an Islamic country I would not be able to pray or worship to GOD.  LOL!

which one? Slanderstan or the kingdom of Barefalsewitness. 

No visiting Mecca because I choose to follow the most unique messanger in the Quran, the one with the clear signs!

yes gods beloved jesus { p} did bring clear signs. but why did the church water them down and covered them up? 

honeto- you dis-honor jesus by not understanding that the Messiah was the deliverer of mankind.
   do you honor jesus by using him as a " human sacrifice ". sounds kinda aztec or myan to me . but what do i know i'm not a pagan. FORGIVE HIM HE KNOWS NOT WHAT HE DOES. OR DO YOU?
leland

Edited by Nazarene - 28 May 2009 at 6:53pm
love for all conquers all
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2009 at 4:34pm

In an Islamic country I would not be able to pray or worship to GOD.  LOL!  No visiting Mecca because I choose to follow the most unique messanger in the Quran, the one with the clear signs!

John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic