IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Love and Religion conflicts=help!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Love and Religion conflicts=help!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
Author
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2008 at 5:07pm

It is interesting if one believes that Jesus was/is God and he will return. So in fact then what one is saying is that "God" will return on earth. Which can seem odd to anyone who believes that God is All Knowing, All Seeing.

Muslims believe that Jesus was will return. But not as "God." Gods has no reason to "return", for God does not "leave." The implications are rather interesting.

Have you read the 99 Names of Allah. There are more. None are more important than others. But having read and worked to memorize them in order to reflect.. they demonstrate how beyond us Allah/God is. Each of us is a speck of dust in the cosmos. God would have no purpose to return to something.

Most Muslim families work together. But there is a definite structure.  But ultimately someone may have to make the tough, final decision.  Also, another aspect, I forgot to mention is that peace in the home and so yes, often someone must "give in" in an argument and to bring things to a close.  Any good leader listens to people. A husband who does not listen to his wife is really, at times, a  fool. It is like any good leader of a "team" knows how to involve people and make their views heard.

And yes, women are asked to "give in" ultimately.   It is interesting to me because this can come down to physiology. Men are more competitive. Men actually, often have fragile egos. Yes it is hidden. They are not different than women. Men often need to feel �strong.�  

I know a woman who is married and they have two kids. And having watched their dynamic, women no longer know what they want in a man. They want to be in charge, yet they want the guy to be �manly� and take charge� and many marriages fail over the petty stuff, like the color of the paint on the living room walls! st**id stuff.

And yes, becoming a Muslim and thinking of being �obedient� to a guy was a bit weird.. probably cause we are raised to be independent now. But really, I don�t argue much anyways.. so who cares about the petty stuff..  Both partners will yield ultimately. But how each does it may be different.

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2008 at 11:24am
Originally posted by Hayfa Hayfa wrote:

, women no longer know what they want in a man. They want to be in charge, yet they want the guy to be �manly� and take charge�  

wow... thats true!
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
thomasd View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thomasd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2008 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by Hayfa Hayfa wrote:

It is interesting if one believes that Jesus was/is God and he will return. So in fact then what one is saying is that "God" will return on earth. Which can seem odd to anyone who believes that God is All Knowing, All Seeing.

Muslims believe that Jesus was will return. But not as "God." Gods has no reason to "return", for God does not "leave." The implications are rather interesting.

we believe that Jesus is God's human incarnation and that he was both fully God (to clarify I only capitalize God when I'm referring to The God) and fully human. i know this seems like a contradiction, but it makes a lot of sense after having studied quantum mechanics and particle duality---the idea that a single particle can be both a wave and a particle.

Quote Have you read the 99 Names of Allah. There are more. None are more important than others. But having read and worked to memorize them in order to reflect.. they demonstrate how beyond us Allah/God is.

I have indeed, though I haven't memorized them, I was struck by the similarities (and a few differences) to the names we use for God.

Quote Each of us is a speck of dust in the cosmos.

each of us is his creation, and that is a marvelous thing indeed.

Quote Most Muslim families work together. But there is a definite structure.  But ultimately someone may have to make the tough, final decision.  Also, another aspect, I forgot to mention is that peace in the home and so yes, often someone must "give in" in an argument and to bring things to a close.  Any good leader listens to people. A husband who does not listen to his wife is really, at times, a  fool. It is like any good leader of a "team" knows how to involve people and make their views heard.

I completely agree, and she and I have already made it clear to each other that if the relationship does continue, we will both have to be willing to compromise.

Quote I know a woman who is married and they have two kids. And having watched their dynamic, women no longer know what they want in a man. They want to be in charge, yet they want the guy to be �manly� and take charge� and many marriages fail over the petty stuff, like the color of the paint on the living room walls! st**id stuff.

it seems to me that people whose marriages fail over stuff like that weren't ready to be married in the first place

Quote so who cares about the petty stuff..

if only our religious differences could be "petty stuff"
its only because i don't view it as "petty stuff" that this is a problem, anything else I'd set aside for her in an instant.
Hunter View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2008 at 11:11pm
Hi everyone. I thought I'd wade into this discussion and offer my own personal experience in the hope that it might be helpful. My wife and I have different religious beliefs although it didn't start out that way. She's a Christian and the irony here is that she's at least partially responsible for my finding Islam. Most of my life I'd been told I wasn't a "good Christian". She was the first person who ever pointed out that in fact I wasn't a Christian at all according to my beliefs. I was reading a lot about Islam around this same time, and after reading the Holy Quran for the first time it occurred to me what in fact I was. Here's the point I'm getting to: I discovered Islam after I had already been married. In no way do I regret marrying her; she's a wonderful, loving, supportive woman, and apart from the fact that she's a diehard Vikings fan, perfect in every way. But, and here's the but: I'm finding that it's very lonely to be alone in my faith. I'm just beginning to discover a wonderful religion, one that actually inspires me and makes sence to me, but I'm alone in the journey-- she can't join me. She isn't interested in Islam and I've never been able to reconcile myself to Christianity. This and the fact that there isn't exactely a big Muslim population here in southern Vermont is what led me to this forum in the first place. Just something to think about. Respectfully-- Hunter
"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything"-- DrDre
Imani View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2008 at 4:16am

each of us is his creation, and that is a marvelous thing indeed.

God is not just his but His.

please mind your writings thomas.

"But those who believe and do righteous deeds are the best of all creatures."(surah98:7)
peace for all peace for the nation. To Allah indeed we are to return. SALAM
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2008 at 11:23pm
Thomas said :
"And yes, it says that no man should pay the price for another's sin. But that covenant still required that a guilt offering be made as atonement for one's sin, and that offering was a completely innocent life, that of a lamb, or (if I remember correctly), a dove. We believe that Jesus was the completely innocent life who paid the guilt offering for anyone who accepts it as his gift".

Thomas, we need not have to offer sacrifices when we commit a sin. What we muslims believe in is "Sincere repentance from God". While repenting we see that we do not repeat this sin again. Infact God loves the person who repents. We all do commit sins. But what is important is we repent  not that we sacrifice life of else for . By the way, can u kindly share me any verse of sin, which explains us that the doctrine of sin in christianity or is only the concept amongst christians ?

U said

my point is that WE CAN NOT achieve the necessary standard of perfection to be worthy of spending an eternity with him. Take the chance to really examine yourself, your thoughts, your actions. The truth of what I'm saying should be obvious right there. It is only through tremendous grace that any one of us can be saved.
I agree with you here, thomas. We cannot achieve perfection at all. Even the Quran says that by the Mercy of the Almighty and by His Grace  Here is that ayah {verse} of the Qura'n

"And had it not been for the grace of Allah and His mercy on you, not one of you would ever have been pure from sins"

Which means, if He did not help whomever He wills to repent and come back to Him and be purified from Shirk {asscociating partners with God}, evil and sin, and whatever bad characteristics each person has according to his nature, no one would ever attain purity and goodness.

As you said, likewise, its there in that ayah that grace of the Alimighty that we are saved.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2008 at 5:18am
Assalamu alaikum.

Hunter posted: she can't join me. She isn't interested in Islam and I've never been able to reconcile myself to Christianity. This and the fact that there isn't exactely a big Muslim population here in southern Vermont is what led me to this forum in the first place. Just something to think about. Respectfully-- Hunter

Response: Please do not mind. I have friends married to the Muslims following the previous Messages, and there are alot of them where I was working. My approach is to discuss on the contents of the Bible and show them the similarity with what is revealed in the Qur'an. No need to blame her of not understanding you and be hard on her that she must understand. It is a trial on you. You must be patient for the Quraysh in whose mother tongue the Qur'an was revealed did not accept the Message immediately. During the conquest of Makka, the holy Prophet told his uncle to contemplate on what he brought for upto a period of 6 months, while Umar bin Khattab and Ali bin Abi Talib wanted him to there and then to accept the Message. Let her join the forum.
It is a mistake we inherited calling one a Christian or a non-believer. According to the Qur'an and the teaching of Muhammad, one becomes an unbeliever only after accepting and understanding his Message and then turns away from it.  The most serious isssue is for one to worship Allah not according to the way done by Muhammad Rasulullah. But we kept quite on this very important issue, hiding it in quest of uniting the Muslim Umma. Please do your best to learn the Arabic language and get the Books with explanations (commentary) describing the Sunna of the holy Prophet. Try as much as possible not to involve yourself in Sectarian worship. Do not quote anyone as an authority except Muhammad Rasulullah. But you can quote somone if your views agreed with his views.
Friendship.
Hunter View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2008 at 4:42pm
Hi Friendship. Assaiamu alaikum  Good advice, and you brought up a couple of points that wouldn't have occurred to me. There is much common ground between Christianity and Islam, and focusing on the similarities rather than the differences puts a more positive spin on it. It also wouldn't have occurred to me to invite her to join me in this forum. I'll take your advice and ask, but I can't promise she'll want to. After all, God or Allah gave us free will.  Again, thank you for your thoughtful advice. Respectfully-- Hunter
"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything"-- DrDre
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
  Share Topic