IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Comments & Complaints
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - SCAM ALERT: APPEAL FOR URGENT ASSISTANCE  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SCAM ALERT: APPEAL FOR URGENT ASSISTANCE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SCAM ALERT: APPEAL FOR URGENT ASSISTANCE
    Posted: 26 June 2008 at 5:09pm
I just received the following in a private message.  I trust that almost everyone will recognize it as a well-known Internet fraud, but just in case someone takes it seriously I thought I should post a warning here.

If you receive a message like this one (here or anywhere, for that matter) JUST IGNORE IT.  IT'S A SCAM.

Mr. Moderator, I don't know if there's any action you can take, but you might start by pulling the plug on nixoleryt's account.

----------------------------
Abidjan  Ivory  coast
Email + ([email protected])

Tel/+225 0796 5064  

APPEAL FOR URGENT ASSISTANCE.
 Dear,

With due respect and with GOD all thing are possible that is why I call for help to please Permit me to inform you of my desire of going into business relationship with you. I got your name and contact from the islamicity.com. I prayed over it and selected your name among other names due to its esteeming nature and there commendations given to me as a reputable and trust worthy person that I can do business with and by the  recommendation , I must not hesitate to confide in you for this simple and sincere clean business 100% risk free assurance.  I am Mr Nicholas Adams the only son of late Mr.Zuma Adams  My father was a very wealthy cocoa merchant in Abidjan the economic capital of Ivory coast, my father was poisoned to death by his business associates on one of their outings on a business trip .My mother died when I was a baby and since then my father took me so special. Before the death of my father on january 2006 in a private hospital here in Abidjan he secretly called me on his bed side and told me that he has the sum of seven million,five hundred thousand United State Dollars. US($7.5m) left in fixed /suspense account in one of the prime bank here  in Abidjan ,that he used my name as his only son for the next of Kin in Depositing of the fund.

He also explained to me that it was because of this wealth that he was poisoned by his business associates. That I should seek for a foreign partner in a country of my choice where i will transfer this money and use it for investment purpose such as realestate management or hotel management.  I am honourably seeking your assistance in the  following ways:

(1) To provide a bank account in which this money  would be transferred into.
 (2) To serve as a guardian of this fund since I am  only 22 years old. 
 (3) To make arrangement for me to come over to your  country to  further my education and to secure a  resident permit in your country.

Moreover, I am willing to offer you 15% of the total sum as compensation for your effort/input after the successful transfer of this fund into your nominated account overseas.  All the necessary arrangement has been made at the bank where my late father deposited this fund and the DIRECTOR of the bank told me that as soon as an account of my choice is forwarded to their bank that they will transfer this fund to my destination.

Please write back to  me immediately you received this mail for us to proceed in this transaction which I beleived that you shall call me for good news that you have comfirm my money in an account which you will provide.

Furthermore, you indicate your options towards assisting me as I believe that this transaction would be concluded within seven (7) days you signify interest to assist me.

Thanks and God bless you.
 Best regards,

Nicholas Adams.

NB: Dear lovely one as a matter that requries urgent attention please and please reply me  immediately your receive this mail for more discussion and make sure you get back to me with this my private mail box...  ([email protected])
([email protected] ) for security Reason.

Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2008 at 5:13pm

Salam/Peace

I heard some peoples had been "eaten" by this fraud.
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2008 at 6:46pm
There has been similar in the past.
Usually just delete such messages. Unfortunately they get added to the membership list Thumbs%20Down
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic