IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups Women (Sisters)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Henna Nail Color

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ummto2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2008 at 8:47pm

Assalaamu alaikum wa rahmatu Allahi wa barakatuh,

I just wanted to warn you about using henna with black dye in it.... if it's food coloring it's OK but if it's a hair dye called PPD it's very dangerous if you get that on your skin and is actually banned for use on the skin by the FDA. That's why a lot of henna tattoos leave permanent scarring because they've mixed that PPD chemical with it to make it black. You can read about it on www.hennapage.com inshallah.

I don't think it would hurt your nails but just be really careful not to get it on your skin, especially if you're very sensitive.

I have heard some ppl mix indigo with henna to get a darker color (maybe even black) or use it by itself to get a blue color too. Indigo looks like henna and you use it the same way I think, but I've never used it before so I'm really not sure.

As for the original question.... I believe this is what you're looking for http://www.hennaking.com/nailstain.htm 

Fi Aman Allah
Ummto2
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2008 at 5:48pm
Salaams Ummto,

Welcome to the Forum!

Thanks for the links.. it is so hard to know all of this..
Hayfa

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
akshayv View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akshayv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2018 at 12:00am

I have heel spur that they said the only way that I would get relief is surgery until I found these shoes. I am not kidding. Have no more problem with my spur. My wife seen what relief I was having and she got her a pair we both work on concrete for 8 hours a day. We love them. I wish you would put more styles in wide. Thank you keeps up the great work orthofeet. I have 3 pair of the men's shoes and love them.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic