IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Henna Nail Color  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Henna Nail Color

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ummto2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2008 at 8:47pm

Assalaamu alaikum wa rahmatu Allahi wa barakatuh,

I just wanted to warn you about using henna with black dye in it.... if it's food coloring it's OK but if it's a hair dye called PPD it's very dangerous if you get that on your skin and is actually banned for use on the skin by the FDA. That's why a lot of henna tattoos leave permanent scarring because they've mixed that PPD chemical with it to make it black. You can read about it on www.hennapage.com inshallah.

I don't think it would hurt your nails but just be really careful not to get it on your skin, especially if you're very sensitive.

I have heard some ppl mix indigo with henna to get a darker color (maybe even black) or use it by itself to get a blue color too. Indigo looks like henna and you use it the same way I think, but I've never used it before so I'm really not sure.

As for the original question.... I believe this is what you're looking for http://www.hennaking.com/nailstain.htm 

Fi Aman Allah
Ummto2
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2008 at 5:48pm
Salaams Ummto,

Welcome to the Forum!

Thanks for the links.. it is so hard to know all of this..
Hayfa

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
akshayv View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akshayv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2018 at 12:00am

I have heel spur that they said the only way that I would get relief is surgery until I found these shoes. I am not kidding. Have no more problem with my spur. My wife seen what relief I was having and she got her a pair we both work on concrete for 8 hours a day. We love them. I wish you would put more styles in wide. Thank you keeps up the great work orthofeet. I have 3 pair of the men's shoes and love them.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic