IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islamic INTRAfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Blind Following of Madhabs  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Blind Following of Madhabs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talib_Asadullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2009 at 8:17pm
Assalamu Alaikum

I dont follow a madhab. Im I wrong for this? I dont see the need to follow one when the source that all the 4 Imams drew from was the Holy Qur'an and Ahadith.
Al-Qur'an was-Sunnah
Honzo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2009 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by abosait abosait wrote:

Originally posted by Honzo Honzo wrote:

.....Kindly show us the proof were ulema of hanaf has gone against Quran and Hadith.......
Example1.,,Making up for missed salat...Read the view of the Hanafi Scholar Mohammad Yusuf Islahi in this link
http://islamicvoice.com/July2006/Fiqh/?PHPSESSID=...

Please compare that with the explanation from Qur'an and Sunnah shown in the following link: http://makkah.wordpress.com/2007/05/03/missing-prayers-at-work/

It was typical salafi argument, denying qiyas and taking literal meaning of Quran and Hadith, this time quoting Dahiris .

Whether Ibn Hazm was mujtahid or not, tht itself is debateable let alone accepting his verdict.

pls refer,

Are the Hanbali Mujtahid Imams Dhahiri and Ibn Hazm considered Ahl al-Sunna?

Many scholars of past and present consider him to be innovator,

Ibn Hazm - Innovator

Pls make sure from where u r taking ur knowledge from, science of fiqh is very vast and complicated and scholars hv taken ages to learn and perfect the art.
I would recommend u to learn beginners book on usul-ul-fiqh .

Edited by Honzo - 23 January 2009 at 9:05pm
Akhe Abdullah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2009 at 2:49am
Originally posted by Hamzah Hamzah wrote:

i do regard all four as shining lights to understand our faith, may Allah have mercy on them all, Ameen.
Wa Alaikum As Salam Hamza.Mashallah'(Ameen)I find myself doing the same at times even though I follow Shafi'i teachings.

Edited by Akhe Abdullah - 24 January 2009 at 2:52am
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2009 at 3:08am
Originally posted by Talib_Asadullah Talib_Asadullah wrote:

Assalamu AlaikumI dont follow a madhab. Im I wrong for this? I dont see the need to follow one when the source that all the 4 Imams drew from was the Holy Qur'an and Ahadith.
As Salaamu Alaikum Brother Talib_Asadullah.As long as you are learning from a reliable source dont sweat it.Example The Maliki Madhab make salat with there hands to there side some others have theres below there navel its a difference, does this makes them wrong?and there prayer not count only Allah Knows.Although its always good to have a teacher you cant just pick up a medical book learn it yourself and then call yourself a doctor(get it?)
Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2009 at 3:35am
Assalamu alaikum.

Asadullah posted: dont follow a madhab. Im I wrong for this? I dont see the need to follow one when the source that all the 4 Imams drew from was the Holy Qur'an and Ahadith.
  Response: You are 101% correct. Those who talk of Madhhabas and believe in that concept are the Muslims who who not walk along the independence and the right Allah gave each and everyone of us to seek knowledge and learn directly from Muhammad Rasulullah. They equate Islamic knowldge like learning the natural sciences - Newtons law of motion, Boyles law, Faraday law of electrolysis, Achimedes principle, Quantum theory etc. No one will ever produce a book written by Abu Hanifa, Muwatta is not a hadith book, much of what the Muslims are quoting from Shafii is not available in his Risala written at the request of Abdurrahman. Imam Ahmad's Musnad was compiled finally by his son Ahmad. When a Muslim  scholar quotes from them, he does not mention the chain of transmission! But if one quotes a hadith with its chain of transmission they say tha hadith is weak? Is this not absurd? Now, what is a Muslim supposed to do? To invent a new way of life (Shari'a) or to follow the way of Muhammad? What is the position of a Muslim writer who wrote on what he knew of the life history of Muhammad? Who can write on everything that Muhammad did for 10 years?
Friendship.

Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2009 at 4:56am
Originally posted by Friendship Friendship wrote:

Assalamu alaikum.Asadullah posted:
dont follow a madhab. Im I wrong for this? I dont see the need to
follow one when the source that all the 4 Imams drew from was the Holy
Qur'an and Ahadith.

<!-- End Member Post -->�

Response: You are 101% correct. Those who talk of Madhhabas and believe in that concept are the Muslims who who not walk along the independence and the right Allah gave each and everyone of us to seek knowledge and learn directly from Muhammad Rasulullah. They equate Islamic knowldge like learning the natural sciences - Newtons law of motion, Boyles law, Faraday law of electrolysis, Achimedes principle, Quantum theory etc. No one will ever produce a book written by Abu Hanifa, Muwatta is not a hadith book, much of what the Muslims are quoting from Shafii is not available in his Risala written at the request of Abdurrahman. Imam Ahmad's Musnad was compiled finally by his son Ahmad. When a Muslim� scholar quotes from them, he does not mention the chain of transmission! But if one quotes a hadith with its chain of transmission they say tha hadith is weak? Is this not absurd? Now, what is a Muslim supposed to do? To invent a new way of life (Shari'a) or to follow the way of Muhammad? What is the position of a Muslim writer who wrote on what he knew of the life history of Muhammad? Who can write on everything that Muhammad did for 10 years?Friendship.�<table ="tableBorder" style="table-layout: fixed;" align="center" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><t><tr ="msgableRow"><tr ="msgableRow"><td ="msgLineDevider" style="height: 150px;" valign="top"></td></tr></tr></t></table>
As Salaamu Alaikum Friendship.Some of our brothers and sisters do not follow any Madhabs.Let me pose a question to you when you pray at Jummah do you preform salat the same as your Imam do it?If you dont it could be looked at as fitna.Do you see were im going even your Imam had to learn from someone who learn from someone else and these are our teachers right?
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2009 at 5:12am
Originally posted by Friend Now, what is a Muslim supposed to do? To invent a new way of life (Shari'a) or to follow the way of Muhammad?
<br />[/QUOTE Friend Now, what is a Muslim supposed to do? To invent a new way of life (Shari'a) or to follow the way of Muhammad?
[/QUOTE wrote:

As Salaamu Alaikum Friendship.Please try to refame from giving bad information.Now do you mean Shariah(Islamic Law)?What makes a H
As Salaamu Alaikum Friendship.Please try to refame from giving bad information.Now do you mean Shariah(Islamic Law)?What makes a Hadith weak is its source.

Edited by Akhe Abdullah - 24 January 2009 at 5:14am
Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2009 at 6:22am
Assalamu alaikum.

Honzo posted: Many scholars of past and present consider him to be innovator, Ibn Hazm - Innovator:

Response: That was their saying. But I do not agree with them. Ibn Hazm, known as Abi Muhammmad Aliyu Ibn Ahmad ibn Saeed Ibn Hazm Zahiri (384-452) is not an innovator. It was probably the followers of those scholars who disagreed with that called him an innovator. I possess three books written by him - Ihkam fi usul ahkam, fissal, and Muratibul Ijma'a  fil Ibadat wal Mu'aamilaat wal mu'taqidaat. Muhammad Zuhra also wrote on his life history. I prefer we judge people on what they wrote and not what one said about them. We differed in our depth of understanding injunctions on Mu'aamalat, Taqdir, and other Attributes of Allah. It is unfair to criticize one on what one does not understand. I do not understand how the sun will rise from the West and Set on the East. I should not be called a Kafir since no one will explain to me the phenomenon. Rising the sun from the West and setting on the East will be the day or moment I die! Ibn Hazm's istinbati is on standing by the Sunna of the holy Prophet and does not even agree on changing the lafz (words) spoken by the holy Prophet. He was praised by his contempoaraires as, "The tongue of Ibn Hazm and the sword of Hajj ibn Yusuf are similar".

2. Pls make sure from where u r taking ur knowledge from, science of fiqh is very vast and complicated and scholars hv taken ages to learn and perfect the art.
I would recommend u to learn beginners book on usul-ul-fiqh .

Response: I hope the members of this forum will agree with you and start learning from the Books of Fiqh. Some of them take this forum for sport and amusement! Let them learn from what Asmaii said about Khaliil, "I attended the class for learning Arabic grammar for one year listening. In the second year I started reviewing what I learnt in the first year. In the third year I started Tadabbur (in depth analysis and cross examination). In the fourth year I then started asking questions and debating". Please kindly advise the forum on some of the books they should read- from the Risala of Imam Shafii to Shankiti's Nathrul waruud.
Friendship.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic