IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islamic INTRAfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Blind Following of Madhabs  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Blind Following of Madhabs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2008 at 2:35pm
Assalamu alaikum.

Abosait posted:
What is "Ahlal hal wal aqad".

Response: Is term used in explaining that group of Muslims in the Umma responsible for mantaining, explaining and executing the Shari'a as taught, practiced by the holy Apostle and his rightly guided Sahabas inch by inch and measure by measure. Try to learn Arabic if you want fully understand Islam and the Shari'a. On many occasions even if one translates, the true meaning is not grasped. Imagine what angel Gabriel did to Muhammad at the beginning of the rev
elation. How secured do you feel not to learn Arabic?
Friendship.
abosait View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abosait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2008 at 7:38pm
Wa alaikum assalam wa Rahmatullah.
Friendship, you wrote among other things,

Originally posted by Friendship Friendship wrote:

• Imam Sugra may not be part of Ahlal hal wal aqad.
  • Imam Kubra is the leader of Ahlal hal wal aqad.
  • He must be functioning as Imam Sugra.
And in reply to my querry on the meaning of "Ahlal hal wal aqad" you wrote,

("Ahlal hal wal aqad") Is term used in explaining that group of Muslims in the Umma responsible for mantaining, explaining and executing the Shari'a.........

and in that context you adviced me:

learn Arabic if you want fully understand Islam"

The sources from where one can "understand Islam" are the Qur'an and the Sunnah and both of these are in Arabic.

Please therefore quote from the Qur'an/hadith where that "Arabic term"("Ahlal hal wal aqad") appears.

Edited by abosait - 26 December 2008 at 1:22am
abosait View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abosait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2009 at 7:03am
Originally posted by rami rami wrote:

............Imam Abu Hanifah (Rahimahullah) has been quoted as saying,
"When I say something contradicting the Book of Allah the Exalted or what is narrated from the Messenger (peace be upon him), then ignore my saying."
Does this not mean that if any of Imam Abu Hanifah's Fatwa's does not contradict the Qur'an and the Sunnah, may be taken by way of Taqleed.........
rami, Was that a joke or are you serious?

The topic heading is blind taqleed and not mere taqleed. Please try to understand the difference between the two.

Let me explain. Take the case of the 'Hanafis' or 'Ahnaaf' as they call themselves. The fatwas given by any of the several students and grand students of Imam Abuhanifah --- or by anyone who calls himself a 'Hanafi Ulama' --- is accepted for blind following even if  they are in conflict  with what has been proved  true from the Qur'an and Sunnah.

Honzo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2009 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by abosait abosait wrote:

rami, Was that a joke or are you serious?

The topic heading is blind taqleed and not mere taqleed. Please try to understand the difference between the two.

Let me explain. Take the case of the 'Hanafis' or 'Ahnaaf' as they call themselves. The fatwas given by any of the several students and grand students of Imam Abuhanifah --- or by anyone who calls himself a 'Hanafi Ulama' --- is accepted for blind following even if  they are in conflict  with what has been proved  true from the Qur'an and Sunnah.

Now u r making some serious allegations against scholars, i hope u hv proof to back up ur claims.

Kindly show us the proof were ulema of hanaf has gone against Quran and Hadith.

There is a serious punishment for false allegations in this world and in hereafter.
abosait View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abosait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2009 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by Honzo Honzo wrote:

.....Kindly show us the proof were ulema of hanaf has gone against Quran and Hadith.......
Example1.,,Making up for missed salat...Read the view of the Hanafi Scholar Mohammad Yusuf Islahi in this link
http://islamicvoice.com/July2006/Fiqh/?PHPSESSID=...

Please compare that with the explanation from Qur'an and Sunnah shown in the following link: http://makkah.wordpress.com/2007/05/03/missing-prayers-at-work/

Edited by abosait - 22 January 2009 at 6:20pm
Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2009 at 2:28am
Assalamu alaikum.

Abosait posting: http://72.14.235.132 search?q=cache:aARtmBV8O2kJ:makkah.wordpress.com/2007/05/03/missing-prayers-at-work/+missed+prayers+islamic+voice&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=7&gl=in&client=firefox-a.

Response: I find it difficulty to understand you and how you perceive the Sunna. Now that reference contained the understanding of Ibn Hazm of Andalusia (Spain) and immediately I saw the name I did not read the Fatwa. I hope you know his nickname- 'The sword of the holy Apostle'. Now most of my comments are based on his fatwa, that of Ibn Taymiyya, Shaukani, Al-Jawziyya, Shatibi and yet you do do not understand?. Now tell me in the write ups of Ibn Hazm where he agreed with the manner the Muslims are observing (saying) the Friday prayer today? Probably as I guessed you do not read any book from page to page. You just read a sentence and then stop. You will never understand the Sunna unless you read an arguement from A-Z as a subject matter. According to Ibn Taymiyya's comment on Salat, it is impossible for one to be unable to say his prayers within its span of time of usually 3 hours.  Yes today a surgeon performing delicate operations that could last for about 16 hours or so could be affected. But even so, he must have an assistance who could take over from him for the not more than 20 minutes to perform a prayer. If prayer is allowed to be delayed why should Allah prescribe the battlefield prayer? Do you know the difference betwen Qadaa and Adaa?
Now with regard to Imam Abu Hanifa, all what people are saying about him is false. He never said that the Sunna of the holy Apostle is subject to Fatwa. The Sunna is an Iron-Law: 'Take it or leave it'. He died before completing his exercise on Ijtihad. His most popular and well respected student was Qadi Yusuf who disagreed with him on many issues. He compiled his works on, "Kitabul Kharaj". He never mentioned Abu Hanifa in his treatise. Get hold of that book and read it. it is available in Arabic and English, but preferrably read the Arabic version.
Friendship.

abosait View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abosait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2009 at 6:14pm

..........I saw the name (of Ibn Hazm/-- 'The sword of the holy Apostle'-)...I did not read the Fatwa.. ...Now tell me.... where he agreed with .....
Read the Fatwa first and then ask if there are any doubts.

.......... Yes today a surgeon performing delicate operations that could last for about 16 hours or so could be affected. But even so, he must have an assistance who could take over from him......
Irrelevant matter.
Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2009 at 1:54pm
Assalamu alaikum.

abosait posted: Read the Fatwa first and then ask if there are any doubts.

Response: It is you who should read IBn Hazams book Al-Ihkam fi Usulul Ahkam vols 1-2 to understand properly the argument and not just to read what is translated that is short of Islamic juristic definitions and explanations. Thats why you always fall into confusion. I do not read the english translation because I have the Arabic version.
Originally posted by Friendship

.......... Yes today a surgeon performing delicate operations that could last for about 16 hours or so could be affected. But even so, he must have an assistance who could take over from him......
Irrelevant matter.

Response: I am talking from practical experience. As a practising gneral surgeon, we hardly have problem is doing our prayers in time except in some emergencies close to Magrib. Today a Muslim surgeon doing open heart surgery or separating conjoint twins etc, may be unable to perform his prayer in time. This is what I am referring to. Read Majmu'ul fatawa by Ibn taymiyya vol 22 to understand properly what is required on what you just mentioned. Please stop making fatwa if you do not read the original Arabic texts because you are confusion people. Take time! If you die you will be asked by Allah on whatever statement you make. Yes, I know truth is bitter! Please what is your profession if you will not mind my question.
Frienship.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic