IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Jews  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedJews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
Author
Senior  Member
Female
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2008 at 3:09am
Well it seems like everyone wants to blame everyone else. Darkness exists everywhere..

i saw a PBS show on these people from Rhode Island, US. Well to do family. That found out that their ancestors were big time slave dealers from Ghana. They were episcopalean. And they were trying to come terms with it.

Darkness of the human spirit affects people all over. We will all be held accountable for our actions.
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Shasta'sAunt View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Female
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2008 at 10:30am
I watched Nightline two days ago. The name of the show was "How to buy a child in ten hours".
The reporter traveled to Haiti, 95% Christian population, and was able to broker a deal to buy a little girl within a couple hours of landing.  Two different men offered him children, then when they had left the waiters working at the cafe where they were approached him and offered to sell him a child. He was told once he bought the girl he owned her and could do whatever he wanted, including kill, to her.

They then talked to people who owned children as slaves, little children who were made to work from sunrise to sunset and physically abused. The owners felt they were doing absolutely nothing wrong. This is all done out in the open and the authorities do nothing to stop it, even the abuse.  They talked to one little girl who was 10 and who was beaten with electrical cords.

This is not the past, this is happening right now in a Christian country. Where are all of the Christian abolitionists? Get up and protest!!!  This is a chance for all good Christians to really make a difference. Hold these slave owning, child selling and abusing members of your religion up to public scrutiny and force them to stop.

Edited by Shasta'sAunt - 10 July 2008 at 10:34am
�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.�
Eleanor Roosevelt
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2008 at 5:22am
Hayfa - yes that was behind my comment that ALL are at fault!!

shasta- it is happening in all countries- What shocks us that is it is in a Christian country- Because of the image of the sinless man Jesus.  People want to believe that Christians are sinless too.  Remember though that no man is sinless but Jesus.

Christians are expected by the world to be better people.
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2008 at 9:51pm

*Sign Reader,

Have you ever taken a black studies course in school? college or any institution of higher learning? Do you know anything about African history beyond the popular historical findings of non-African scholars or researchers? If the answer is no this is not a topic you want to touch less you want me to embarass you so-called knowledge. My comment previously was not about trying to discuss slavery but to discuss your questionable sources, but I don't know why this turned into a discussion on slavery.

Believer,

Mainstream Christianity (meanig missionary influences) is perhaps, historically more accountable for transaction of slavery than any other relgiious faith if you wish to be technical. Eurocentric attitudes such as yours like to deduce the historical logic into "all were accountable." But who shares most of the accountability? Europeans ravaged Africa taking its resources and annihilating the idigenous people. Between 1850 and 1862 the African borders were established, not by the Africans but by colonial powers: Britain, France, Spain, Portugal, Belguim, and many of these nations came under the guise of christian religion. I'll admit, Christianity was abused to colonize a people, but I'd be damned to read an ignorant fools rant about how "Christian's freed the slaves." Christian's didn't free slaves. Freedom is not about creating laws to end slavery, freedom is about setting the standards of equality for all people. People mention Abraham Lincoln a Christian, who so-called freed slaves? Yea. When abraham made the emancipation proclamation, John F. hume an anti-slavery leader recorded Abraham saying (regarding the emancipation proclamation):

"did not ... whatever it may have otherwise accomplished at the time it was issued, liberate a single slave." (Fonner, Free, 290).

Many abolitionist saw the "Negro as an inferior being" but sought to free the Negro because of the twisted morality that was evolving at the time. Blacks were not equal, but didn't deserve to be slaves mentality. Blacks were god's children but needed to be purified for their "nigger sins." Yeah Christianity liberated my ancestors. I think you need to read more instead of googling your information, that goes for you and Sign Reader. Jews perhaps were behind the scenes but I doubt some Jewish sailors can be accounter for over 100 million of my ancestors killed during the 1,000 plus years Africans were in captivity (yes slavery of Africans by the colonial powers didn't start in America folks!).

Edited by Israfil - 11 July 2008 at 9:52pm
Shasta'sAunt View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Female
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2008 at 11:42am
Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

Hayfa - yes that was behind my comment that ALL are at fault!!

shasta- it is happening in all countries- What shocks us that is it is in a Christian country- Because of the image of the sinless man Jesus.  People want to believe that Christians are sinless too.  Remember though that no man is sinless but Jesus.

Christians are expected by the world to be better people.

"Yet it is to the credit of Christianity that the abolition movement took root in Great Britain, Western Europe, and the United States and brought an end to this buying and selling of human beings."

I am not shocked that Christians had/have slaves. Up until 50-60 years ago White Baptist churches in the South were still teaching that black skin is the mark of Cain.

I am pointing out the hypocrisy in your statements. Christians talk a good game, ie: your post in red, yet nothing has ended and Christians are in the thick of the buying and selling. 

Or maybe many Christians just don't realise that they as a religion put an end to slavery. They haven't caught on yet....... 
�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.�
Eleanor Roosevelt
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2008 at 6:10am
LOL!!  Muslims always stabbing and attacking the followers of Jesus. 

Most whites in the US have been taught through school that slavery was all the fault of the USA white man.  That the US had the most slaves, more then any other country. 

Wonder why there is hatered between the faiths.  I extend a hand to say yes we all are at fault.  LOL!!  We will remain the poor pitiful humans we are.
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2008 at 9:18pm
Most whites in the US have been taught through school that slavery was all the fault of the USA white man.

What academic institution or better yet what world are you referring? Most white kids barely know anything about slavery and how it happened and when it happened. Most middle/upper-class white kids in the United dstates grow up with this "white privilege" mentality where their words and actions are immutable. And nobody here is saying the united States had most slaves do you even know how to read or are you illiterate yourself. Check my post I even listed countries involved in the trade and selling of African slaves. I did say that Christianity historically has been the most abused religion when looking at slavery. It was used to enslave people. I believe I made a thread in the interfaith section regarding King Leopold's letter if you would like, I can post it here. You wonder things, I wonder if you have the ability to think sometimes.

Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 3:51am
Most whites in the US have been taught through school that slavery was all the fault of the USA white man.

I agree with Israfil..what school did you go to?? I don't think 95% of thw white Americans think much of it to tell you the truth. We are not a "confrontation" society.. we don't say, hey your ancestors.. did x, y and z.

Yes, sadly slavery has been around way too long.

But are my more direct ancestors and ethnic group responsible for the transatlantic slave trade, slavery in the US, Segregation and Jim Crow. Yes.  Did most white people in the US, economimcally benefit from the slave labor. Yes. You study the economics of it and you'll see. Did the elitist attitudes of the day benefit white people. Yes. always helps to not be on the bottom and people put there through no specific actions of their own.

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
  Share Topic