IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introduction: Who am I?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - hello  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

hello

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allysacomo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hello
    Posted: 21 June 2008 at 7:20am
Hello my name is Allysa.  I am married to an Egyptian Muslim.  I am intrested in understanding my husband's religion and culture.  I hope I am welcome here. 
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2008 at 6:16pm
 Hi Allysa,

Welcome to our boards of discussions Smile

Yes, we shall help you to understand Islam inshaAllah . You can ask any of your doubts and get them clarified. We shall be glad to help you. We also wish you to be active here.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
afeefa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afeefa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2008 at 5:29am

assalamualaikum sis  Allysa.

May peace, blessings n mercy of Allah swt b on u.
  you are welcomed here my sis, hope u recieve guidance in the most perfect way, n may Allah guide ur steps to eternal bliss.ameen
afeefa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afeefa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2008 at 6:04am

assalamualiakum brother seeks,

i like this hadith which u have quoted a lot!

"The greatest reward comes with the greatest trial.wen allah loves a people He tests them. whoever accepts that wins His pleasurebut whoever is discontent with that earns His wrath"

will u please give me its reference.
may Allah reward u.

seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2008 at 9:43pm
Wa'laikum Salam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

Yes, sister. That hadith gives us lots of courage while facing trials. We don't get depressed by the situation or brood over , but stand up and face it. We try our best to win pleasure of Allah swt . May Allah swt bestow patience to all of us while in trials.

Reference  of the hadith  :  It is narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2396 and  Ibn Maajah, 4031; It is classed as sahih.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
afeefa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afeefa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2008 at 1:11am

assalamualaikum wa rahmatullah hi wa barakatuhu,

jazakallah brother. the hadith indeed is of great help to me.
Zaharah View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaharah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2008 at 7:31pm
Hello allysa,
I'm Zaharah, it's nice to meet you.  I was married to my husband who was born and raised Muslim.  At the time of our marriage i was a licensed minister of the Gospel.  But as i began to study islam for myself it was like my eyes were finally open and a Year and a half later i converted to Islam and it was the best thing I have ever done.  So my suggestion to you is to study for youself and be open minded about it and ask your husband for advice, he is the best to help you with that.  May Allah guide you and help you with understanding.
ZaharahSmile

admin: font has been reduced, please read the guidelines.

Edited by icforumadmin - 30 June 2008 at 5:05pm
yazmin View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yazmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2008 at 12:04pm
Asalamu alaikum,
hi sister i'm yazmin, i think zahara is right.. you can actually start studying first on the basics of islam..and then ask your husband's help to understand more the topic that you're studying.. maybe he can share more knowledge..
coz that's what we did. my friend gave me books regarding islam.i tried to read it as much as possible and if there's something that i can't understand im asking him Alhamdulillah he shared a lot of information to me. maybe it will work for you then..

May Allah bless you and your family..
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic