IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Family Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Are Egyptian Muslim men involved in pregnancy?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Are Egyptian Muslim men involved in pregnancy?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allysacomo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Are Egyptian Muslim men involved in pregnancy?
    Posted: 21 June 2008 at 7:16am
Hello, I am new to this but I think you may be able to help me.  I married an Egyptian Muslim man three years ago.  He was born and raised in Egypt.  I am Christian from the US.  He has always said that he wants 4-6 children.  I am three months along in my pregnancy and he has been very distant since I told him the news.  He has always been very caring of my health.  Now, almost every night we fight and he doesn't seem to care about anything regarding the baby.  He doesn't think that he needs to go to any of the doctor's visits and when I told him I heard the heartbeat he just said, "that's nice."  Is this a part of his culture?  Do Egyptian men not have anything to do with the pregnancy?  I really would like to understand what is going on.  I really do not like fighting with him.  I know he loves me.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2008 at 3:04am
Strange! Sorry Sis. . .no advise. I do not know any Egyptian Men.

But I DO know that Muslim Men, atleast those who are faithful to thier religion (or thier wives), make very good parents. They are family-men. When I was a baby my dad used to wash my nappies :)

Since your Husband wasnt distant in the beginning (and wanted kids). . . maybe there is some other recent issue that maybe erupted and needs to be resolved. . . .stress etc.

Otherwise. . . perhaps its just his personality, Some men have trouble communicating feelings/affection. . . and he doesn know how to express himself thus seems distant.

Sorry for the random answer Sis. Hope your problem is resolved.

Edited by Chrysalis - 02 July 2008 at 3:05am
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2008 at 9:54am
sometimes dreams and/or ideas of some things is great & lively until reality hits in.
I don't think this is some culture thing, i believe it happens all over but not really a common/general thing. It could be just him, i agree with Chrysalis.
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic