IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Jesus Christ was and is a Jehovah’s Witne  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jesus Christ was and is a Jehovah�s Witne

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myahya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2008 at 5:10am

Robin: Are humans like god?

"Let us make man in our image" only LIKE him!

Human can be like God in different degrees. Let me explain my belief in this way: A human can be like Him in His attributions (by different ranges of number and level) but not in His existence. What is the name �Allah�?

Allah swt = His existence + ALL attributions together.

Allah swt has many names but the other names (except Allah) are based on particular attributions. For instance, one of His names is �The Creator� (Al-khalegh in Arabic).  This name is based on the attribution �creative� and so on but Allah is the collection of ALL His attributions in one name.

Now, a person may be like Allah (in his/her own level) in some attributions more or less than the others and/or in more or less numbers of attributions. Those who are chosen by Allah swt to guide people are the most like Him still in different levels associated with their mission. I am not going to discuss the difference in levels here, but Isa (as) is not the only one, the absolute one and the last one. In terms of prophet-hood, there is one individual except Isa (as) and after him (In Islam) who is chosen by Allah swt and had mission and even is already introduced by Isa (as), who is Mohammad (sawa).

Edited by myahya - 04 July 2008 at 8:53am
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2008 at 9:12am

Quote 3. Did Jesus die on the cross?

NO, ON A "STAKE" (UPRIGHT POLE).

That is another problem. Now we are entangled between a cross and a stake. What types of beliefs are these of the JW's. It means that Jesus died on the stake. So the JW's do not talk about any cross. Jesus was not on a cross. He was on a stake. Do you Robin believe that?/ please tell so that we can forget about the cross from now onward.

THE CROSS IS ANOTHER PAGAN IDEA ABSORBED INTO CHRISTIANITY.

JESUS DIES THE JEWISH WAY, ON A STAKE.

Actually it is not pagan nor asborbed into christianity, it was the way romans did captial punishment, by cruifying. Hence the image of Jesus on the cross. 

The Romans did not Kill Jesus the Jews did!

I know the history of the cross in various shapes and that it's pre Christianity. But you did not take note of what I said. The capital punishment that the romans carried out was cruification that was in the form of a cross give or take for perfection of a cross shape. That is why i said its not pagan nor absorb into christianity. The cross for Christianity came because Jesus died on a cross, hence the symbol for the religion, there are a few other meanings but i am not going to go through them it would just be a waste of time.

robin, don't forget that there were 2 other guys with Jesus. I suppose according by you those 2 men were killed by the Jews also or perhaps there were no others just Jesus himself. 

Quote 10. When will he come back and what he wil do?
HE RETURNED IN 1914 AS THE KING OF GOD'S HEAVENLY KINGDOM WHICH WILL SOON TAKE CONTROL OF THIS EARTH AND DESTROY SATAN'S SYSTEM OF THINGS

Do you mean to say that jesus has returned to earth in 1914? Then where is he now please? I am only interested in knowing where is Jesus now?

NO!

HE WAS GIVEN HIS KINGSHIP IN 1914 IN HEAVEN.

JESUS IS NOW THE KING OF GOD�S KINGDOM IN HEAVEN AND WILL NEVER COME BACK TO THIS EARTH AGAIN!

So, no second coming ??

The second  is now a past event it happend in 1914.

I see.

Edited by Angel - 04 July 2008 at 9:15am
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
mariyah View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariyah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2008 at 11:24am
Evidently your reading comprehension is not up to par. I never said anything about Jesus being god. You are not really reading anything then, you are judging and retorting and spamming!
Jesus is a messenger of Allah. So was Mohammad. Alhamdullillah!

Originally posted by robin robin wrote:

Originally posted by mariyah mariyah wrote:

LOL

No offense, but this is a bit hard to swallow. Jesus was not a Christian such  as a Jehovahs witness is. Can a man follow himself? Jesus was born in the Hebrew tribe of Judah and his mother according to your bible was of the Levite/Judah lineage. He is the promised Hebrew Messiah, the messenger to the descendants of Isaac.
Do you have any copies of pre constantine scriptures? 

He did not follow himself, he is not God, he taught others to follow Jehovah God!
"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.
robin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2008 at 12:49am
Originally posted by mariyah mariyah wrote:

Do you have any copies of pre constantine scriptures? 

Or is it perhaps you are not listening.

Yes they can be had from most Bible societies.

robin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2008 at 2:16am

Greek word for name (onoma) in John 17: 6 & 26.

From - http://vines.mike-obrien.net/

Name (1onoma)  Scripture Index for onoma
Is used (I) in general of the "name" by which a person or thing is called, e.g., Mr. 3:16,17, "(He) surnamed," lit., "(He added) the name;" Mr. 14:32, lit., "(of which) the name (was);" Lu. 1:63; Joh....

King James Version (KJV).

John 17:6    I have made your name manifest to the men you gave me out of the world. They were yours, and you gave them to me, and they have observed your word.

John 17:26    And I have made your name known to them and will make it known, in order that the love with which you loved me may be in them and I in union with them.�

New International Version (NIV).

John 17:6    "I have revealed you to those whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours; you gave them to me and they have obeyed your word. 7Now they know that everything you have given me comes from you.

John 17:26    I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them."

The NIV is said to be one of the most popular Bibles in the world!

The NIV removes from the text of the Bible that Jesus made Gods NAME manifest or known!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic