IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - WHY CHRISTIANS REJECT THE KAABA.  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WHY CHRISTIANS REJECT THE KAABA.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 28>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2008 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by Andalus Andalus wrote:

Originally posted by robin robin wrote:

[quote] 
An idol is an image, a representation of anything, or a symbol that is an object of passionate devotion, whether material or imagined.   Generally speaking, idolatry is the veneration, love, worship, or adoration of an idol. 

Juvenile. According to this rubbish, you mother is an idol.

This fails to define what idolatry is.

LOL 

Try Brad Pitt Tongue 

Edited by Angel - 22 June 2008 at 9:17pm
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
myahya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myahya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2008 at 10:00pm
Robin: THINK!! By your comment and definition to love Allah, is then idolatry

I have not presented any definition here. This is what can be concluded from your definition. Are you saying this to me or yourself?!!

myahya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myahya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2008 at 10:33pm

Angel: Direction is of no importance but focusing on God where ever you are in whatever direction.

As a Muslim I do not doubt that wherever you turn you can talk to God:

Quran (2:115): The East and West are God's: wherever you may turn, there will be God's countenance, for God is boundless-all knowing.

and I do so. However, and besides, a place is of specific importance when Allah swt glorifies it and gives it that importance:

Quran (2:125): Thus we set up the House as a resort for mankind and a sanctuary. Adopt Abraham's station as a place for prayer. We entrusted Abraham and Ishmael with cleaning out My house for those who circle around it and are secluded[praying] there, and who bow down on their knees in worship.

Edited by myahya - 22 June 2008 at 10:35pm
robin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2008 at 10:45am
Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

[QUOTE=minuteman]The christians do not have any Center of prayer. They do not have a system of regular prayers. 

This is true, because we do not need, it we can pray to The Almighty God from anywhere on earth at any time from our hearts and not by rote from a book our to orders of men, as The Prophet Jesus said:-

Matthew 6:5-8
"Also, when YOU pray, YOU must not be as the hypocrites; because they like to pray standing in the synagogues and on the corners of the broad ways to be visible to men. Truly I say to YOU, They are having their reward in full. 6 You, however, when you pray, go into your private room and, after shutting your door, pray to your Father who is in secret; then your Father who looks on in secret will repay you. 7 But when praying, do not say the same things over and over again, just as the people of the nations do, for they imagine they will get a hearing for their use of many words. 8 So, do not make yourselves like them, for God YOUR Father knows what things YOU are needing before ever YOU ask him.

Edited by robin - 23 June 2008 at 10:46am
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2008 at 9:18am

There are different types of Prayers in Islam. There is the formal, the ritual. That Muslims are obligated to perform 5 times per day. There is structure and formality. With a few exceptions they can be performed anywhere. Yes one faces the direction of the Kaaba. But the prayers can be done almost anywhere...

I liken it to karate.. I use karate metaphors often. We, in karate all wear the same uniform. Learn the same techniques. There is structure and formaity so to speak. This helps to focus and clear the mind of outside interferences. Same with prayers. The formal and the structure helps us to focus as well as helps discipline us.  By facing the kaaba we all know what to do. No worries, no debates.. just do the structure and focus on Allah.

We also can pray to Allah at any point as well. In fact we are encouraged to remember Allah as much as possible in all of our actions and thoughts. But to pray or "talk" to Allah.. that can happen all the time.

Also the formal prayers are about bringing all together, sharing and actually eliminating differences.  The prayers are for the most part the same. I can travel in the world, meet Muslims and we all can do prayers together. When I attend the masjid I pray with women from all over the world... none of us is better than each other except what is in our hearts. Sometimes we cannot speak much to each other. But we bow our heads together and share our love of Allah.

Idolotry is about praying to a person or item and giving it powers attributed to God. I know of no Muslim who worships the Kaaba.
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
robin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2008 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

Originally posted by Andalus Andalus wrote:

Originally posted by robin robin wrote:

[quote] 
An idol is an image, a representation of anything, or a symbol that is an object of passionate devotion, whether material or imagined.   Generally speaking, idolatry is the veneration, love, worship, or adoration of an idol. 

Juvenile. According to this rubbish, you mother is an idol.

This fails to define what idolatry is.

LOL 

Try Brad Pitt Tongue 

If she is put before God, YES.

Brad Pitt (and many more of the like) can be a on screen Idols too!

Anything that is put before God is an Idol, even ones own self can be, as in the western world!!

Edited by robin - 24 June 2008 at 2:51pm
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2008 at 3:25pm

Do the prayers not count if you don't face Mecca?

Edited by believer - 24 June 2008 at 3:26pm
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2008 at 4:32pm

Robin,
that sounds good, but the following verse is kind-a strange, as Jesus himself use to pray in open with others.
Luke 22:39Jesus went out as usual to the Mount of Olives, and his disciples followed him. 40On reaching the place, he said to them, "Pray that you will not fall into temptation." 41He withdrew about a stone's throw beyond them, knelt down and prayed, 42"Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done." 43An angel from heaven appeared to him and strengthened him. 44And being in anguish, he prayed more earnestly, and his sweat was like drops of blood falling to the ground.

believer,
if you are reading this, note that Jesus get strengthened by an angel. We know that if he was God, as you claim, he would not need an angel of God's help.  

Hasan

Edited by honeto - 24 June 2008 at 4:39pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 28>
  Share Topic