IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Water-Fuel Powered Car  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Water-Fuel Powered Car

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2008 at 7:00am
Originally posted by Ron Webb Ron Webb wrote:

Wacko I can't believe anybody is taking this seriously!  And I don't just mean on this forum.  I did a quick search -- it's all over the Web, and hardly anybody is even questioning it.  This certainly says a lot about lack of basic science education.

Trust me, folks -- DO NOT invest a dime in this scam.

Are you talking about the water fueled car? If so, how many other inventions started off like this.

There are a lot of protypes I seem to be coming across for energy efficiency and better for the environment, but whether they are viable or not it is a stepping stone for more investigations, this is the only way to develope and learn. The first computer was a huge thing but look at it now, small light weight and can sit on your lap Wink Smile

if you're not talking about this water fuel car, ohhhh well Big%20smile
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2008 at 7:01am
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2008 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

Are you talking about the water fueled car? If so, how many other inventions started off like this.

I'm talking about a water-fueled car; and plenty of scams have started this way, but not a single useful invention.  Okay, I'll try just once to explain this but I don't want to get dragged into a debate about it because frankly it's just too silly.

Yes, hydrogen fueled cars are a great idea; and yes, hydrogen can be obtained by electrolysis from water; but NO, water is not the fuel (i.e., the energy source).  You still need an external energy source to do the electrolysis.

The energy required to separate a water molecule into hydrogen from oxygen is exactly the same as the energy obtained by recombining hydrogen and oxygen, i.e. burning it as a fuel.  There can be no net gain in energy -- in fact, inevitably there is a net loss due to heat, friction, electrical resistance, etc.  An engine that runs on hydrogen can never generate enough electrical energy to extract the hydrogen it needs for its own fuel, let alone having energy left over to do any useful work.

Hydrogen fueled cars would be very cool because hydrogen is conveniently portable for cars and energy-dense compared to a battery (i.e., can store more power per unit weight).  Generating hydrogen by electrolysis is a cool idea because it can transform a non-portable energy source (e.g., hydroelectricity) to a portable one.  And fuel cells are very cool because they are much more efficient at converting fuel to power (electricity) than internal combustion engines.

But no matter how you shuffle these technologies around, and no matter how efficient or advanced they become, you will never get more energy by combining hydrogen with oxygen than you consumed to split them apart.  It was called "conservation of energy" when I learned it in about Grade 5.  Scientists now prefer to call it the something-or-otherth law of thermodynamics (I can never keep the numbers straight), but it's the same thing.
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic