IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Islamic Arts & Literatures
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - music?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

music?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talib_Asadullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2009 at 7:45pm
Assalamu alaikum

Alhamduillah

I would agree with Chrysalis..its mainly the messages and intentions that what make the vast majority of music Haram.  Also some instruments.

On another note, Chrysalis..I didnt know you were a sister, I think I may have called you a brother in the past..my fault!

Assalamu Alaikum seekn...A brother told me one time that you know how we stop doing things that we know are haram/sins,etc...  That we stop doing them,with Allahs permission! Have you ever thought about it before...that a thing that we chose to give up or not do, all comes down to one moment, one decision? Its just a matter of doing, with the power of  du'a and the Strength and Might of Allah Ta Ala, the Best of Help.
Al-Qur'an was-Sunnah
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2009 at 8:39am
Originally posted by Talib_Asadullah Talib_Asadullah wrote:

Assalamu alaikum

On another note, Chrysalis..I didnt know you were a sister, I think I may have called you a brother in the past..my fault!

I didnt notice you calling me a brother !!! but even so, no harm done! Smile

Quote  all comes down to one moment, one decision? Its just a matter of doing, with the power of  du'a and the Strength and Might of Allah Ta Ala, the Best of Help.

very true. . .

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Talib_Asadullah View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talib_Asadullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2009 at 8:48am
Assalamu Alaikum

I used to listen to hardcore rap all the time... Now the desire really isnt there anymore..it just doesnt feel the same anymore when I hear it,Alhamduillah....sometimes I turn on the TV and listen to music when Im doing things around the house or when riding in the car...but when Im on the internet, I like to listen to Qur'an recitation and nasheeds and lectures, alhamduillah.
Al-Qur'an was-Sunnah
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic