IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Islamic Arts & Literatures
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - music?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

music?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Talib_Asadullah View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talib_Asadullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: music?
    Posted: 16 January 2009 at 8:48am
Assalamu Alaikum

I used to listen to hardcore rap all the time... Now the desire really isnt there anymore..it just doesnt feel the same anymore when I hear it,Alhamduillah....sometimes I turn on the TV and listen to music when Im doing things around the house or when riding in the car...but when Im on the internet, I like to listen to Qur'an recitation and nasheeds and lectures, alhamduillah.
Al-Qur'an was-Sunnah
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2009 at 8:39am
Originally posted by Talib_Asadullah Talib_Asadullah wrote:

Assalamu alaikum

On another note, Chrysalis..I didnt know you were a sister, I think I may have called you a brother in the past..my fault!

I didnt notice you calling me a brother !!! but even so, no harm done! Smile

Quote  all comes down to one moment, one decision? Its just a matter of doing, with the power of  du'a and the Strength and Might of Allah Ta Ala, the Best of Help.

very true. . .

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Talib_Asadullah View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talib_Asadullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2009 at 7:45pm
Assalamu alaikum

Alhamduillah

I would agree with Chrysalis..its mainly the messages and intentions that what make the vast majority of music Haram.  Also some instruments.

On another note, Chrysalis..I didnt know you were a sister, I think I may have called you a brother in the past..my fault!

Assalamu Alaikum seekn...A brother told me one time that you know how we stop doing things that we know are haram/sins,etc...  That we stop doing them,with Allahs permission! Have you ever thought about it before...that a thing that we chose to give up or not do, all comes down to one moment, one decision? Its just a matter of doing, with the power of  du'a and the Strength and Might of Allah Ta Ala, the Best of Help.
Al-Qur'an was-Sunnah
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2008 at 1:15am
Originally posted by seekn seekn wrote:

Assalamu Alikum,

Please make dua for me, I really want to stop listening to music, especially after having read the article from Darul Iftaa (http://www.daruliftaa.com/) on Music and Singing.

I applaud your Jihad Seekn.

I've tried it myself, and though it may be tough for some. . . . Though I do not strictly avoid music now, during my mid-teens I strictly stayed away from music. . .at that time Imaan was stronger Embarrassed And honestly, I disliked behaving like my peers. . . Hence if one is trying hard to fit in, its difficult to stop. In order to stop, one has to really believe wht they are doing is right, and for that one needs to knw that music can have side-effects (notice, I do not brand music as all evil! :p it has its side-effetcs tho)

First try avoiding the bad-music i.e. rap, dirty lyrics, explicit vids. . . then move on to others. Replace the worng kind of music with the islamic alternatives. . . etc. Insha'allah it works. One can also pray Salat Hajat . . . very easy, just 2-rakats! And let Allah help you.

Allah says in a Hadith Qudsi, that when My slave moves towards me a handspan, I move towards him an armslength . . . . And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed. <3  <3   <3  Smile

At the end of the day, Allah will judge you based on your circumstances, your burden and the extent of your personal Jihad (striving). Nobody is a perfect Mo'min/Muslim, and will never become one. . .Its all about the striving, and achieving the next level of Imaan.

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
seekn View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2008 at 5:44pm
Assalamu Alikum,

Sis, no need to apologise.
I tease alot, but I meant to put forth a point, generally - that it is easy to judge another without really knowing what situation that person is in. Yeah, there are different levels of addiction :). What those others do are really extreme and should be avoided. I agree with you in most matters of your post, though. :)

Please make dua for me, I really want to stop listening to music, especially after having read the article from Darul Iftaa (http://www.daruliftaa.com/) on Music and Singing.
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2008 at 6:52am
Originally posted by seekn seekn wrote:

Assalamu Alikum,

I have been addicted to music and I still am. Now that make me silly>!

Soliders of Allah to Raihan, Sami Yusuf , Zain Bhikha etc etc...

Of course if you are not *unlucky* Wink  to be addicted to music, the

Tongue Sorry seekn. . . I shall clarify my tagging 'music addiction' as silly by including only the ppl who behave like drug-addicts, i.e. always need a music-fix . . .ive seen ppl on Ipods EVEN when the radio is on!!! While they are sleeping! Even when they r in conversation, some of them will be listening to thier music-boxes, and one has to patiently wait for them to pause and take a ear-phone (or shud I say ear-plug) out to listen to u! Lol. I knw atleast 3 ppl like that!

I have not heard Soldiers of Allah so far, but I like Sami Yusuf's music . . . even Raihan, tho I cannot understand Malay, only the arabic parts! :p Zain Bhika I find too sweet-voiced that it gives me a tooth-ache! So I dont exactly love his music. But I think his voice has a Michael Jackson tinge to it.

Yusuf Islam is also good, but Dawud Wharnsby is my favv.

I don't think there can be such a thing as "Islamic Rock" thats because Rock=Noise. .  .And Allah does not like noise-pollution/loudness . . . Tongue Just MHO. Smile [That was a joke btw :p]

Edited by Chrysalis - 12 January 2012 at 9:55am
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2008 at 6:41am
edited

Edited by Chrysalis - 12 December 2009 at 4:01pm
Nabil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nabil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2008 at 7:29pm
Hmm well I listen to a band called t.A.T.u.
Its a Russian band consisting of 2 girls and their latest song was against abortion. So,we have bands singing meaningful songs as well.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic