IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - PROPHECIES IN THE BIBLE  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPROPHECIES IN THE BIBLE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: PROPHECIES IN THE BIBLE
    Posted: 10 June 2008 at 11:50pm

OUTSTANDING PROPHECIES IN THE BIBLE CONCERNING JESUS AND THEIR FULFILLMENT

Prophecy then fulfillment

Gen. 49:10 Born of the tribe of Judah
Matt. 1:2-16
Luke 3:23-33
Heb. 7:14

Note from Moderation: Dumping is not allowed on this forum. If you have specific proof verses that you would like to show and argue for, then please provide them. It is an unreasonable request to either expect someone to check every verse and claim, or to simply accept these "assertions" as fact, hence the act of "dumping" is not permitted. I also noticed that you have failed to reply to those who did take the time to read your list and discuss your contribution. Be warned that this is a discussion forum.

Edited by Andalus - 21 June 2008 at 10:02am
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2008 at 3:47pm
Amazing list!!
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
_ALI_ View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2008 at 7:12am

Salam

Most of the fulfillments of the Bible are given in the Bible itself. So suppose I write a book saying X King will die when he is 42. And in the next page, I write that X king dies at 42. That is not a miracle. Same is the case with the Bible. But supposing that all the prophecies of the Bible are true then giving even 1 unfulfilled prophecy will prove that Bible as a whole is not the word of God. I can give a list of unfulfilled prophecies in the Bible

1-  Genesis, Chapter No. 4, Verse No. 12, it says� �God told Cain: you will never be able to settle you will be a wanderer.� Few Verses later on Genesis, Chapter No.4, Verse No.17, says��Cain built up a city� � unfulfilled prophecy.

2-  If you read Jeremiah, Chapter No.36, Verse No.30,  it says that��Jehoiachin the father of Jehoiachin� no one will be able to sit on his throne - The throne of David, no one will be able to sit after Jehoiachin.� If you read later on, II Kings, Chapter No 24, Verse No 6, it says that� �Jehoiachin after he died, later on Jehoiachin sat on the throne� - Unfulfilled prophecy.

3-  One is sufficient to prove it is not the word of God - I can give plenty. If you read Ezekiel, Chapter No 26, it says that��Nebuchader, he will destroyed Tyre.� We come to know that Alexander the great, was the person who destroyed Tyre - Unfulfilled prophecy.

4-  Isaiah, Chapter No. 7, Verse No 14, says, prophesying of��The coming of a person who will be born to a virgin - his name shall be Emmanuel.� They say� the Christians - it refers to Jesus Christ peace be upon him. Born to a virgin - the Hebrew word there is �amla�, which means not �a virgin�- �a young lady.� The word for �virgin� in Hebrew is, �baitula�, which is not there. Even if you agree - we are using concordance - we agree� �Virgin�� �Virgin� - No problem. It says� �He will be called Immanuel.� No where in the Bible is Jesus Christ peace be upon him, is called as Immanuel - Unfulfilled prophecy.

I can give several, plenty unfulfilled prophecies - One is sufficient to prove the Bible wrong - I have given a few. "

minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2008 at 1:54am
  There is no need to confront robin with anything. Robin has just over done it. If he had remained only about Jesus that would have been good enough. And Muslims know all those things and believe in them too. robin cannot teach anything new to Muslims.

robin has mostly wandered into old testament. We believe there are many prophesies in the old and middle testament (NT). There are many prophesies in the two old testaments that the christians deny and change their meaning. So what use are the prophesies of the two old testaments to the Muslims who got the new and last testament with them i.e. Quran.

Please robin look at he bright side of the things and try to venture honestly into the Last testament too.

Also, chistians are acting against the explicit teachings of Jesus. Jesus had told them not to put new wine in old bottles. But they have got their bible(NT) stuck into an old book (OT). Why? They call their bible new testament. Why. If it is new wine then why it is bound up with the old wine? Why to put it into the old bottle?

Edited by minuteman - 15 June 2008 at 2:01am
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2008 at 7:06am
Its not in the old bottle but next it, all wineries have new and old bottles next to each other Big%20smile 
and besides NT & OT is the bible not bible stuck in an old book Wink
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2008 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by _ALI_ _ALI_ wrote:

Salam

Most of the fulfillments of the Bible are given in the Bible itself. So suppose I write a book saying X King will die when he is 42. And in the next page, I write that X king dies at 42. That is not a miracle. Same is the case with the Bible. But supposing that all the prophecies of the Bible are true then giving even 1 unfulfilled prophecy will prove that Bible as a whole is not the word of God. I can give a list of unfulfilled prophecies in the Bible

1-  Genesis, Chapter No. 4, Verse No. 12, it says� �God told Cain: you will never be able to settle you will be a wanderer.� Few Verses later on Genesis, Chapter No.4, Verse No.17, says��Cain built up a city� � unfulfilled prophecy.

2-  If you read Jeremiah, Chapter No.36, Verse No.30,  it says that��Jehoiachin the father of Jehoiachin� no one will be able to sit on his throne - The throne of David, no one will be able to sit after Jehoiachin.� If you read later on, II Kings, Chapter No 24, Verse No 6, it says that� �Jehoiachin after he died, later on Jehoiachin sat on the throne� - Unfulfilled prophecy.

3-  One is sufficient to prove it is not the word of God - I can give plenty. If you read Ezekiel, Chapter No 26, it says that��Nebuchader, he will destroyed Tyre.� We come to know that Alexander the great, was the person who destroyed Tyre - Unfulfilled prophecy.

4-  Isaiah, Chapter No. 7, Verse No 14, says, prophesying of��The coming of a person who will be born to a virgin - his name shall be Emmanuel.� They say� the Christians - it refers to Jesus Christ peace be upon him. Born to a virgin - the Hebrew word there is �amla�, which means not �a virgin�- �a young lady.� The word for �virgin� in Hebrew is, �baitula�, which is not there. Even if you agree - we are using concordance - we agree� �Virgin�� �Virgin� - No problem. It says� �He will be called Immanuel.� No where in the Bible is Jesus Christ peace be upon him, is called as Immanuel - Unfulfilled prophecy.

I can give several, plenty unfulfilled prophecies - One is sufficient to prove the Bible wrong - I have given a few. "

Amazing List ! Smile

Gook work brother. May Allah swt guide us all towards right path. Am adding this post of yours to my notes. InshaAllah, shall be of help while discussing with my non-muslim [ christians} around.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2008 at 7:25am
Genesis 4

10 The LORD said, "What have you done? Listen! Your brother's blood cries out to me from the ground. 11 Now you are under a curse and driven from the ground, which opened its mouth to receive your brother's blood from your hand. 12 When you work the ground, it will no longer yield its crops for you. You will be a restless wanderer on the earth."

13 Cain said to the LORD, "My punishment is more than I can bear. 14 Today you are driving me from the land, and I will be hidden from your presence; I will be a restless wanderer on the earth, and whoever finds me will kill me."

15 But the LORD said to him, "Not so; if anyone kills Cain, he will suffer vengeance seven times over." Then the LORD put a mark on Cain so that no one who found him would kill him. 16 So Cain went out from the LORD's presence and lived in the land of Nod, east of Eden.

Cain went out away from GOD.   He was wandering in the sense that he was not with GOD.  A person can be sucessful build a city in this world but have lost all in the next world when they are sent away from GOD.
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2008 at 7:38am
LOL!  if you consider 3 months sitting on the throne!!  LOL!!  Read more of the same prophecy in Jeremiah 22

Jeremiah 22

30Thus saith the LORD, Write ye this man childless, a man that shall not prosper in his days: for no man of his seed shall prosper, sitting upon the throne of David, and ruling any more in Judah.
John 3
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic