IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ADEENUL ‘AQL – RELIGION IS INTELLECT .  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ADEENUL �AQL � RELIGION IS INTELLECT .

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 58>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ADEENUL �AQL � RELIGION IS INTELLECT .
    Posted: 07 June 2008 at 7:14am

Assalamualaikum.

We live in this world, drinking the same water, eating the same food (source )  breathing the same air, and standing on the same earth. There could only be ONE CREATOR who had created the furthest of the planet or the tiniest of an atom. There never could be more than One God who had this absolute power. However sadly, there are so many religions and so many gods. Ever wonder whose God is the greatest?

In the Quran, there are many words that dare humans to think, to use their �aql or intellect, to reflect, to observe using this �aql. All of us were given this brain or intellect. However �aql or intellect is useless without �ilm or knowledge.

Words in the Quran like �

afala t(y)a�qilun (do you or they not reason)
in kuntum  ta�qil
un (if only you reason)
afalam takun
u ta�qilun (did you not reason)
afal
a tatafakkarun (do you not think)
tatafakkar
u (think!)
 awalam yatafakkar
u (do they not think). 

Human beings are meant to grow to become thinking/reasoning people. Fiqr or �aql are normally necessary to realize the basic religious truth.  

ADEENUL �AQL � RELIGION IS INTELLECT .

If the religion is compatible with �aql or intellect, it is the True Religion.

Salam.

Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
Doo-bop View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doo-bop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2008 at 9:57am
So you have ta�qilun and tafakkaru.  Ahem...... that's only two.  you said there were many......Ermm
"Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world" - John the Baptizer (John 1:29)
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2008 at 5:14pm
Nur_Ilahi your thesis doesn't hold the following are reason(s) why:

Human beings are meant to grow to become thinking/reasoning people. Fiqr or �aql are normally necessary to realize the basic religious truth.

There are many monotheistic faiths that follow the premise of looking in the external enviornment for God's existence. We need not look solely at the Abrahamic faiths as this is commonly evident. the baisc principles of Sikhisms monotheistic philosophy is being "open" and searching through the world to find God for the Sikh, God is the "Ultimate Reality."

From what you are saying, you are saying that whatever religion that professes using reasoning or exercising one's intellect is the "true religion?" Again this is along the lines of dialetical reasoning but your premise is not supporting your statements here.

Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2008 at 7:14pm

Israfil,

Finding God is not only spiritually, but also physically. Allah is AzZahir (The Manifest) and He is Al-Bathin (The Hidden).  Spiritually, I have no doubt whatsoever that we all, who worship some kind of god whether it be Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Sikhism, Buddhism and others are woshipping the same Super Being that created us.

In the Quran God Almighty after creating all the souls asked � �Alastubirrabbikum? � Am I not your Lord?� And all of us (the Ruh or Souls) replied � �Bala Shahidna � Indeed you are!� That is why you will find most human beings in this whole world has some kind of religion � a way of communicating with God who created us, even in the deepest jungles of Amazon. That is the true purpose of us living in this world. To find God. But which of the many religion in this world is the truest, the most acceptable religion to God AlMighty?

One of the attribute of God AlMighty is All-Knowing � Al Aleem, He should be!. For those who had never heard of Islam, He is Merciful and it is all up to Him. However for those who had heard of Islam, they are supposed to use their �aql that each and everyone of us had been given with, to compare and differentiate.

Edited by Nur_Ilahi - 07 June 2008 at 7:16pm
Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
Merigen View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merigen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2008 at 9:29pm
One of the attribute of God AlMighty is All-Knowing � Al Aleem, He should be!. For those who had never heard of Islam, He is Merciful and it is all up to Him. However for those who had heard of Islam, they are supposed to use their �aql that each and everyone of us had been given with, to compare and differentiate.
And for us to have heard of Islam and find it totally suffocating and intrusive,  what then?   There is an obivous cellar and ceiling about your interpretation of your religion. Your interpretation of your religion has nothing to do with spirituality.  Think about it, all sorts of rules that defy the nature of a person - no room to explore different thougt   It's just not that simple and to think so is an insult to what moves this universe.
Merigen
Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2008 at 6:49am
And for us to have heard of Islam and find it totally suffocating and intrusive,  what then?

The Nafs or the ego in us always prefer an easy way. The difficult way is to research and study in depth about anything that matters to you. And believing the mainstream media owned by the Zionists (servants of Dajjal) is one of the easy way out.

Your interpretation of your religion has nothing to do with spirituality.

I am discussing about the physical side of Islam. Where spirituality is concerned, the depth is so deep, it is unknown. It is only known to people who had won their personal jihad against the Nafs and sincere in their obedience to God AlMighty.
Do you know that there are seven levels of Nafs? The lowest is animal-like and the highest is purity and perfection itself?

Think about it, all sorts of rules that defy the nature of a person - no room to explore different thougt   -  Care to elaborate?

It's just not that simple and to think so is an insult to what moves this universe.  Associating God Almighty with a creation of His whether that be a fatherless man or an idol or a statue is an insult to the greatness of God AlMighty who had the power to move this universe - not a fatherless man, an idol or a statue.
Merigen View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merigen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2008 at 7:35pm
Hi Nur,

I haven't looked at this post for a few days.  I will probably be adding to it as time goes by.

Think about it, all sorts of rules that defy the nature of a person - no room to explore different thougt   -  Care to elaborate?

Here goes...

Why is there such strict segregation of Muslim men and women?  Why aren't you allowed to worship together as a family even at your mosque?

Why aren't dogs allowed in the house?  They are one of God's most wonderful creatures.

Why are some musical instruments haram?  Which ones?  Do you like music?

Do you read fiction novels?

Do you like live theatre?

Why is it considered immodest for a woman to have her arms exposed but not a man's?  I ask this because for recent problems in the UK with washing before surgery and attending patients?

As I said, I'll probably be adding to this list of questions.

Merigen View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merigen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2008 at 7:39pm
Nur,

The Nafs or the ego in us always prefer an easy way. The difficult way is to research and study in depth about anything that matters to you. And believing the mainstream media owned by the Zionists (servants of Dajjal) is one of the easy way out.

To me, this sounds like the conspiracy theories that Muslims are purported to believe in.

Merigen
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 58>
  Share Topic