IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Basics of Islam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Umayyad  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Umayyad

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yazmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Umayyad
    Posted: 06 June 2008 at 1:23pm
asalamu alaikum muslim brothers and sisters..I'm a newly muslim convert and I just want to ask what role does The UMAYYAD plays in the Islamic History.. I will really appreciate if you will give me just a brief background coz i got confused while I'm reading Islamic History..Thanks a lot..
Amine View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2008 at 12:09pm

I really want to help you. As an answer to your question, I advise you these links: http://www.freemuslimbooks.com/enbooks.htm 

You can reach the books free of charge and find satisfactory answers to your questions.
Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2008 at 2:33pm
Assalamu alaikum.

Yazmin Posted: I'm a newly muslim convert and I just want to ask what role does The UMAYYAD plays in the Islamic History.. I will really appreciate if you will give me just a brief background coz i got confused while I'm reading Islamic History.
Response: I do not know if you are still with the forum. Briefly, the Umayyads were the offsprings of Abd Shams one of the children of Abdul Manaf. He was a businessman. He had plenty of children. Uthman bin Affan and Abu Sufyan ibn harb were his grandchildren including utbah. These Quraysh played prominent role in Islam. Uhman bin Affan was the third khalifa and when he was killed a misunderstanding arose between the Quraysh family. The Umayyads demanded the culprit to be produced and tried. But the circumstances leading to the death of Uthman made it difficult for the culprit to be produced. This lead to misunderstanding again betwen the Ummayds and Ali bin Abi Talib. When Ali bin Abi was assassinated, Mu'awiya his age mate became the khalifa in 41 A.H. When he died his on Yazid took over as the ruler of the Muslim world. The choice was not done according to the Sunna of Allah and that of the holy Propehet. This unfortunately lead to administrating the Muslim Umma not according to the Sunna of Allah and the holy Prophet up to today. The clan of Muawiyya ruled from  41- 120 A.H. Allah promised that no good will come to an Umma unless they are ruled by one according to His Command and that of the holy Prophet. This is what is happening in every Muslim country. The Muslim historians gave varied number among them who ruled according to the Sunna and brought prosperity to the Muslim Umma. Not more than 3 out of 14. But the most prominent among them was Umar bin Abdul'azeez (99-101 A.H) believed to govern the Muslim Umma according to the Sunna of Allah and that of the holy Prophet. Yes, it was true because in his short period of rule, Zakat was brought but with no one to benefit from it, as everybody was well off. From every nook and corner, people accepted the teaching of Muhammad Rasulullah as a result of his exemplary behaviour.  So in reality, one can say that they were the first to introduce innovation in the Sunna of Muhammad Rassulullah on the selection of a Khalifa. However, this was due to scarcity of the knowledge of the Sunna at that time. At the death of Uthman bin Affan Islam covered a total area of 3,500,000 square miles. But how many scholars were there?  May Allah forgive their short comings!
friendship.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic