IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Question?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Question?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question?
    Posted: 28 May 2008 at 12:42am
According to Islam, in detail, what is the Kingdom Of God?
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2008 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by robin robin wrote:

Robin,
this is my undertanding and response to your question from a believer in Islamic teachings:
If I assume you mean by word 'Kindom' same as described in Webster dictionary "a realm or region in which something is dominant b: an area or sphere in which one holds a preeminent position", then the answer is short and simple, "The Whole Universe" is the Kingdom of God. There is nothing out there that is not His and not under His Kingdom and authority.
Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Shasta'sAunt View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2008 at 5:02am
Not just the universe, but everything....

The Quran states:

Al-Fatiha (The Opening)

1:2 Praise be to Allah, the Cherisher and Sustainer of the worlds;

So we do not know how many worlds, universes, etc there are. Only Allah knows.
�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.�
Eleanor Roosevelt
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2008 at 6:03pm
You are right Shasta's Aunt, and thanks for adding that explaination; "not just the Universe, but everything."
I forget some times that people will assume what I mean, by Universe, I assumed all that there is.
Hasan

Edited by honeto - 30 May 2008 at 6:04pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2008 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by robin robin wrote:

Salam robin,

One of Allah�s attribute is Al-Malik � The King. These words appears in many surahs for example -  (20:114)(23:116)(59:23)(62:1)(114:2). - Here I quote the meaning of Al-Malik.

The Master of the Kingdom,  The Owner of All Sovereignty,  The Lord of Absolute Ruling Power

The One who is sole owner, possessor and ruler of all kingdoms. The One whose ruling power and authority have no limit.

The One who possesses all authority to act in any manner, at any time, in any way. The One who is lord and master over all worlds, whether manifest or un-manifest.

The One who has all mastery and authority to decide what shall be created, what shall be sustained and what shall be cease to be.

From the root m-l-k which has the following classical Arabic connotations:

to possess, to own exclusively

to exercise authority to command

to have power over, command, reign

to have dominion over, to have ruling power

to have kingship

The name M�lik ul Mulk is not specifically used as a Beautiful Name in the Qur'�n, although the name al-M�lik appears in the Qur'�n 3:26.

The name Malik signifies king, while the name the name M�lik, by virtue of the � which intensifies the meaning, signifies something that is in some way greater than a king, and is often translated as master or lord. However, the exact differences between these names are not universally agreed upon.

By some traditions, al-Malik is considered to be the owner and king of this world, or of the beings of this world, while M�lik al-Mulk is considered to be the supreme lord and master of all worlds, the known and the unknown, the manifest and the un-manifest... and those explanations have been used in selecting the definitions given on this page.

http://wahiduddin.net/words/99_pages/malik_al_mulk_84.htm

Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic