IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - CONCEPT OF ADULTERY IN ISLAM AND ITS PUNISHMENT  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CONCEPT OF ADULTERY IN ISLAM AND ITS PUNISHMENT

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Salams_wife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salams_wife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CONCEPT OF ADULTERY IN ISLAM AND ITS PUNISHMENT
    Posted: 31 May 2008 at 9:09am
I've never been good with rules so I have to call them beliefs Smile.  Beliefs are are something I can live by.  So even if it is a rule, just let me think it is a belief Big%20smile
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2008 at 3:28am

I'm sure the prophet(pbuH) for example would give me a  hug if he felt I needed it.

There are some very decent, good thinking people in the world, that would not make sexual errors. The ruling is for the weak, not the strong, nevertheless rules must be there. It gives everyone a chance to remain strong. One day we shall all understand that.

As for it being a belief. No I don't see that at all. It's a rule

some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2008 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by Salams_wife Salams_wife wrote:

For one, because it would not be right for me and my beliefs.  For two, my husband would not appreciate it.

Thumbs%20Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salams_wife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2008 at 10:05am
Israfil,

For one, because it would not be right for me and my beliefs.  For two, my husband would not appreciate it.

Edited by Salams_wife - 30 May 2008 at 10:25am
fareeda View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fareeda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2008 at 5:50am

Fantasizing other members of the opposite sex (or the same sex if you're gay) other than your marital spouse forms an illicit relationship and violates modesty.

Say to the believing men that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty: That will make for greater purity for them: And Allah is well acquainted with all that they do. And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty...

Allah has written for the son of Adam his inevitable share of adultery whether he is aware of it or not. The adultery of the eye is the looking (at something which is sinful to look at), the adultery of the tongue is to utter (what it is unlawful to utter), the inner-self longs for adultery; and the private parts turn that into reality or refrain from submitting to the temptation. (Al-Bukhari)  

Edited by fareeda - 30 May 2008 at 5:52am
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2008 at 10:40pm
LOL 

How does one turn a "cyber hug" into a sexual one? And, why would it be bad (salams_Wife) that a man cannot give you a "cyber hug?" especially one that is not physical or real?

Edited by Israfil - 29 May 2008 at 10:43pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salams_wife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2008 at 4:31pm
Hugs for you too Nausheen and more hugs for you Martha.  I shall not think of anything bad from them so long as they come from women Smile
robin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2008 at 8:27am
The Bible holds out a hope if they change thier way of Life:-

1 Corinthians 6:9-11
What! Do YOU not know that unrighteous persons will not inherit God�s kingdom? Do not be misled. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men kept for unnatural purposes, nor men who lie with men, 10 nor thieves, nor greedy persons, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit God�s kingdom. 11 And yet that is what some of YOU were. But YOU have been washed clean, but YOU have been sanctified, but YOU have been declared righteous in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ and with the spirit of our God.

If they do not change:-

Hebrews 13:4
Let marriage be honorable among all, and the marriage bed be without defilement, for God will judge fornicators and adulterers.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic