IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why the Sabbath is not respected in Islam  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why the Sabbath is not respected in Islam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep48garut60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2016 at 12:53pm
Dear CaringHeart,

I also agree with you that Judaism and Islam are more alike than any religion out there.

At the time of the leadership of the Prophet Muhammad in Medina, Muslims and Jews coexist even the Prophet had defended Jews in the land issue, he was ordered by Allah to always do justice without distinction of race, religion etc. The commencement of hostilities is that in my opinion is because the problem of territories dispute in Palestine and politics, not about religion.

I have a historical record of the conflict between Palestine and Israel:
In 1922, Britain did the first census on the territory of its mandate. The entire population amounted to 752.048 (Muslims 589.177, Jews 83.790, Christians 1.464, and other religions 7.617). Then the second census conducted in 1931. In 1945 a demographic study showed that the total population has increased to 1.764.520, consisting of Muslims 1.061.270, Jews 553.600, Christians 135.550, and other religions 14.100, or Muslims 60%, Jews 31%, Christians 8%, other 1%.

The conflict between Palestine and Israel begun that after in May 1947 conducted the distribution of territory between Palestine and Israel organized by the United Nations.
The result of the division is 54% to Israel, while 46% to Palestine, and when viewed from population between Israel and the Palestinians, Israel is only about 31.5% of the population. This has caused the reaction of the Palestinian fight for independence of their own land, while Israel considers that the division of the area is considered less (not enough).

It also invites Muslim sympathizers have sprung up everywhere.
Then, it's not because of Jews thinks superior, Muslims know that Jews are given more intelligence than other nations, as mentioned in the Quran.

Indeed there are some Jews who don't like bad manners such as Neturei Karta group, although Jewish, but their thinking is very different from other Jewish groups. They also pointed out that the Talmud is a book of demon that has been polluting the sanctity of Torah that God gave to Moses. Not only that, even a small percentage of Jews there are Muslims like my friends.

All the Prophets taught about goodness and truth, but among the followers of the Prophet there were faithful as followers, and some are denying or betraying their Prophet.

Regards,
Asep
DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2016 at 2:42pm
>>I also agree with you that Judaism and Islam are more alike than any religion out there. <<

See Qu'ran 5:82
Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.
Saved View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2016 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by DavidC DavidC wrote:

>>I also agree with you that Judaism and Islam are more alike than any religion out there. <<

See Qu'ran 5:82
They are alike, but that doesn't negate the gospel.
Saved View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2016 at 10:21am
Originally posted by rami rami wrote:

Bi ismillahi rahmani raheemBecouse Allah changed it to a Friday and there was no specific command to keep this jewish tradition. you may have to look up the original reason why Allah chose friday specifically as our holy day to get a better understanding, i dont have that information maybe one of the other forum members knows.
It wasn't just Jewish tradition; it was one of God's 10 commandments to Moses for his people to obey.

Edited by Saved - 28 October 2016 at 10:22am
Musheera View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Musheera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2019 at 4:03pm
I am a new revert as well and I fully agree with your answer. One of the reasons I chose Islam is because it encompasses Judaism and Christianity. We are to listen to
ALL the things that Allah stated for his people and do them to the best of our ability. Islam was given to bring people back to the one true God. Jews went off the beaten path, Christians strayed off the truth of Prophet Yeshua, peace be upon him, and Islam was given to correct those wrongs and bring it all back to Allah. It doesn’t mean we dismiss the true commandments and directions of Allah in those other religions. We embrace all the truths that were given and dismiss the wrong parts and follow the final directions of the Quran. Allah said to do these things for ALL generations. We are to search ALL the scriptures. We are to obey ALL his commandments. Islam brings it home for the true believer. I was born a Christian and Allah has had me on a long five year journey to finding Islam. He routed me through the Jewish and Messianic religions on this journey. I came to realize the reason why is because he wanted to show me that there is his holy truth in all of it. It’s up to the believer to find these truths and learn the whole big picture and then follow what is learned. It has been a beautiful, heartbreaking, and awe inspiring journey. I had to unlearn some lies that I was taught in Christianity and Judaism. I had to learn a lot on the Arabic side of the Ishmael line and I agree that we are to follow the entire words of Allah and rest in the final truth of Islam. Inshallah
Mohammad Isaac View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mohammad Isaac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2022 at 11:23pm
Salaamun Alaikum

Firstly, I want you to know that Islam does establish that the Sabbath was commanded to the people of Israel. In 4:54, it says, " We raised the Mount over them for (breaking) their covenant and said,'Enter the gate(of Jerusalem) with humility.' We also warned them,'Do not break the Sabbath' and took from them a firm covenant." However, in 16:123-124, it is said," We revealed to you: 'Follow the faith of Abraham, who wasn't a polytheist'. The Sabbath was ordained for those who disputed(the faith of Abraham). Surely, your lord will judge between them regarding their disputes." Thus, it is safe to say that the Sabbath was ordained for the people of Israel. According to Islamic narrations, people were not allowed to work,not even fish or collect wood, or light fire(which means people had to stay in the dark during the night of Friday) on the day of the Sabbath. The Sabbath was a day reserved only for prayer. People of contemporary times just cannot adhere to such strict rules. In fact, according to the Bible, people during the time of Jesus were no longer obliged to obey the strict rules of the Sabbath as stated in Matthew 12:1-14, Mark 2:23-28, 2:1-6, Luke 6:1-11, 13:10-17, 14:1-6, and John 5:1-18. Technically, Muslims do have a "Sabbath hour." In 62:9, it is said, "When the call for prayer is proclaimed on Friday, hasten earnestly to the Remembrance of God, and leave off all of your businesses." However, we do not believe Allah rested on the seventh day after the beginning of the creation of the universe. It's just that the creation was completed in six days. Indeed, in 7:54, it was said, "Indeed, your Lord is Allah who created the heavens and the Earth in six days," but there is no statement where it is said that Allah rested. In fact, God never needs rest. In 2:255, it is emphatically said, "There is no god except him, Allah, the ever-living and all-sustaining. Neither drowsiness nor sleep overtakes him." Thus, we Muslims think that God resting on the seventh day of creation is a fabrication by the people of previous scriptures. Sabbath does mean rest in both Hebrew and Arabic. However, the rest refers to us, the followers of God, not our creator himself. Fun fact: Sabbath also means Saturday in both Hebrew and Arabic. Our prophet stated that God allocated the day of prayer for the Jews on Saturday, the Christians on Sunday, and the Muslims on Friday. It will the order in which we will be resurrected. Interestingly, according to Sahih Bukhari Volume 2, Book 21, Hadith Number 284 and 285, our prophet would go to the Mosque of Quba every Saturday and perform prayers in it.
JOB the OLD View Drop Down
Male Christian Protestant
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JOB the OLD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2022 at 1:28am
But why did Allah originally instructed the Jews to adhere to the Sabath, and why did Allah change some Jews into apes and swine because they did not rest on the sabath?
Q 7:166

I find it interesting that YHWH would sanction the Sabath as a day of rest in the Bible.
Then came Muhammad 1 000 years after the Old Testament, and tells us that Allah was so disgusted with Jews who fished on the Sabbath, that he turned them into apes!

Then Allah went further, and made the Friday a holy day.
It seems as if Allah changes his mind often.
samuell344 View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samuell344 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2022 at 8:20am
sabbath in judaism begins Friday sundown.   in islam all day Friday.   Friday is the true holy day.  sun day worship/sabbath of the church is pagan in origin.  sun day wa the day Rome worshipped the sun god. on sun. day 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic